Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

Got my first wave from another Yeti today..... and it was a Police Yeti!  And HE waved first!

Wow!, not seen any of those up, here yet, bad enough with swmbo in the passenger seat without another boss yeti around.

Police in the Cambridge area seem to have a lot of Skodas in their fleet;  I've seen more than one Yeti (or maybe the same one more than once),  an Octavia estate,  and I think a Superb estate, tho' it was in the distance so can't be sure.  At least someone is spending our money wisely!

• Like 1

There are yetis in Crete, spotted this one just down from my villa outside a taverna we where dinning in, and one today on the way to Chania airport,

post-52230-0-34315800-1375214928_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the quality had a few :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :cocktail:  :cocktail: after my sons wedding  

• Like 2

Hope you enjoyed your holiday Kev  :hi:

Best holiday ever to see my son and his good lady married. In a vary beautiful setting, with lots of places to :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:   :drunk:

The view over the bay 

post-52230-0-71594900-1375218142_thumb.jpg

post-52230-0-08033300-1375218221_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ummm - Kev... would you care to edit?  :happy:

That better (dam spell checker) who put it on auto, go away and the laptop changes itself  :giggle:

• Like 1

Newbie here who hasn't read the whole of this thread! I think that there is a breeding population of Yeti's in the New Forest who like to check out any newcomers. Ever since I bought one, they are everywhere.

• Like 1

Newbie here who hasn't read the whole of this thread! I think that there is a breeding population of Yeti's in the New Forest who like to check out any newcomers. Ever since I bought one, they are everywhere.

And two "Official" Yeti in Shetland, I think it was either the water board, or the hydro-electic - but then it might have been the Council. I was too surprised to take note of the livery.

This was followed by sighting one in Ullapool, one near Achiltibuie, and then three in Inverness.

And finally, I saw a foreign Yeti (Denmark?) up on top of the Cairngorms at Tomintoul.

It's obvious when you think of it - the colder climate suits the beast!

What I found even more surprising was being chased along single track roads with passing places by an extremely nippy Skoda Citigo. By god that thing could shift, and even in the Beemer going as fast as I dared I could not shake it off!

Yes I read that and thought that doesn't sound like a fun holiday to me :wonder:   :giggle:

It was fun anyone thinking of going, give them chance to restock the Mythos and Raki, 23 of use have put it short supply  :beer:  :beer:  :giggle:

• Like 1

OMG! Saw another Shark Blue Yeti (our first sighting of another on the road) in Cheltenham yesterday (Wednesday) at about 1845. Jolly decent driver chappie waved back too. Nice one!

• Like 1

Would like to try claim the most northerly Yeti spot; 2 or maybe 3 (blue and mato) on the island of Mageroya, Finmark, Northern Norway. Oh forgot to mention thats in the Arctic :rofl:

Went there on a bus all the way from the UK, so Yeti less to be able to say hello :giggle:

TP

• Like 2

Hooked up with a steel grey TDi 170 4x4 just coming out of Leeds heading south earlier today, SWF driver. Travelled in convoy down the M1 as far as Sheffield, where she pulled off, while I was continuing down to Watford, 4 up. Must say the driver's lane discipline was as good as your typical German driver! A pleasure to travel in convoy with. XXYY ZUA reg. No return wave though - so perhaps not a Briskoda member?

Had the misfortune, yesterday, of seeing another pacific Blue Yeti on the M62,

It was been driven in an utterly idiotic manor, tailgating, lane hopping to undertake in heavy traffic and the like.

I suspect not someone on here but it made me cringe.

Edited by AlleyCat`

Just driven from Stafford to Lillehammer via Rotterdam & Kiel.

Only passed 5 Yeti's in the 4 days so far.

48 mpg on the 170 4x4 whilst towing a motorcycle trailer.

Noticed that you have to do at least 30 miles before the mpg climbs above 43 mpg.

2 in Aberystwyth this afternoon.

A silver 4x2 in the car park by the station, and a nice bronze one at the Arts Centre car park, by the Uni.

Good to hear there is another bronze one out there!!! 

Aerofurb's TIBET II on Sunday at the National Meet was the first, definitely bronze Yeti, that I've seen. Then I saw one in Wetherby on my lunch hour later in the week!

Two red ones spotted. One waved at me heading along the road from Islip towards the Oxford road (A34 is it?) and the other was about to go down Parsons Hill in Kings Norton, Birmingham. 

Also saw one towing a caravan down the M40 in the morning. All these were on Saturday.

We saw three Yeti's yesterday around the Colwyn/Llandudno area, they was a White one, Dark Blue one and a Dark metallic green one, of which one had a personal number plate!! 

Saw a Bronze Yeti near Sandwich and a white one leaving Ramsgate both on Sunday, strange as soon as you get a car you start to spot similar one, before I owned a Yeti hardly ever saw them!