Fault Code 01336 - Door Won't Unlock

martinch

Hi guys,

Over the weekend I noticed that the rear passengers' door on my Fabia has stuck on "locked". If I lock/unlock the door(s), I can't hear a sound coming from that door, and the "pin" at the top of the door card doesn't move (all of the other doors make an audible noise and shift the "pin" at the top of the door card up/down as appropriate, so the central locking seems to be working OK otherwise). If I operate the internal door handle, the pin raises (albeit not fully), but the door will not open (when I let go of the handle, the pin drops back down), so I assume it's stuck on deadlock (at least it failed "safe"). I remember seeing a similar thread (but can't find it), where it advised to open from the inside, and then use the exterior handle, but this doesn't work. I should note that the "pin" on this door is not fully down - it's slightly raised compared to the other doors when locked.

I've plugged a scanner into the car, and I've got the following fault codes:

01336-080 KWP1281

Data Bus for Comfort System

Static - In one-wire operating mode

01336-080 KWP1281

01336-208 KWP1281

Ross-Tech gives this explanation: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01336

I've also had a fault # 00856 appear on the radio antenna (static - interruption) - don't think it's related, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. Don't know if it's worth mentioning that I washed it over the weekend before I noticed the issue, although as I never use the rear doors, I don't know if it was broken before that.

Any ideas on what the actual cause might be? Is it possible for it to be a wiring issue where the wires enter the door, or will I need a new lock mechanism component (if so, does anyone know the name/part number?)? Is this DIY-able, or would it need going to a dealership to be done?

Thanks for any advice :)

Edited by martinch

Could be a broken wire in the loom going from the door into the pillar where it flexes ? other than that a faulty solenoid, bad earth,you would need a wiring diagram etc to find out how it operates. cheers - Stuart

mine doing the same ,04 fabia vrs :(

Doh! :(

Could be a broken wire in the loom going from the door into the pillar where it flexes ? other than that a faulty solenoid, bad earth,you would need a wiring diagram etc to find out how it operates. cheers - Stuart

Thanks ... guess it'll be a fun one to try to sort out..!

• 3 weeks later...

Bit random, but it started working again on Monday, and has been fine since. The fault code has also reverted to "sporadic" (= logged but not present at time of reading), and hasn't come back. Talking to a friend, their Mk IV/V Golf did something similar, and it was down to water getting into the door and freezing - theirs thawed out after a couple of days and fixed itself, so I guess it's the same issue.

Sorry for the "threadromancy", but I thought it may be useful to others.

My d/s has been doing the same. Good thought on it being ice though as I only tend to notice it in really cold weather. Threw all my toys out of my pram the other night. I went to put stuff in the boot, it wouldn't open. Went to the rear door to put them on the back seat, it wouldn't unlock. Had a tantrum and put the stuff on the passenger seat. Started the car and the the boot open warning light was on. :rofl:

Heh, yeah, I can see that being annoying..! :(

Good thought on it being ice though as I only tend to notice it in really cold weather.

My friend's dad learnt the hard way (they also had a Golf) - took it to the mechanics, got the door card off, oh look, frozen! Mine started doing it when we had the snow in early December, and has only just started working again..! Mind you, the snow outside took weeks to clear, and I had washed it just before, which probably would have dumped a load of water into the door...

My d/s door is too stuck but it only happened after I had all my door handles colour coded. I drove home and noticed the door wouldn't open, took it back and the guy fiddled with it for ages, removing the door card was a bitch as the inners are riveted on. He finally got it unlocked after like 2 hours of fiddling with it, demonstrated that it works fine by closing and opening it several times, drove home and it's stuck again. Took it back and after an hour he couldn't get it open so he phoned Skoda and they said it's a common problem and he ordered a whole new latch. Whether this will cure it or not I don't know...