Photo
- - - - -

Graham P Chatham (East) Ltd - Sighthill, Edinburgh

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 DGW

DGW

Now with a new final drive unit fitted. :-)

• Honorary
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 15:44

Graham P Chatham (East) Ltd
4 Cutlins Road
Sighthill
Edinburgh
EH11 4DR

0131 453 2244

Services: New, Used, Repair

#2 Skodaboy1983

Skodaboy1983

Who Needs a vRS!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,372 posts
  • Car:Skoda Fabia 2 Estate 1.4 TDI

Posted 05 January 2011 - 18:27

Just used them today for a bit of warrenty work and a repair, wife advised very friendly staff, quoted a time for car to be picked up and it was just over 30 mins late but on the whole she was impressed with the dealer, salesman we bought car off at Abbeyhill was there and recognised her while his other salesman was trying to get a sale on a new vRS.

Price quoted for next service and the offer of the car picked up from house is tempting for this years three year service.

Would consider going back.

Davy

#3 ColinEdinburgh

ColinEdinburgh

Briskodian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Car:Skoda Octavia 2013 Elegance - trading up to F/L Yeti L&K

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:04

As a family, we bought three Skodas from Chatham's, all from one salesman who was excellent.

Something changed there about two years ago, though. A lot of good salesmen left and the new ones were not as good, we felt. Administration problems by Chatham's also saw them issue a SORN for our car despite having sold it to us - so it was clamped and we were fined too!

Last spring we went to do a trade-in and got quoted poor trade-in figures for our two cars The salesman tried to push us towards a vehicle he wanted to sell (another Octavia) rather than what I said over and over I wanted to buy (a Yeti).

So we went to another dealer and could not be happier with the difference is service and prices!

Overall - Chatham's servicing is good but pricey, their sales now indifferent.

#4 Skodaboy1983

Skodaboy1983

Who Needs a vRS!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,372 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 19:05

I had to go to Chatham's again last week to get my washer pump replaced when the pipe popped off again, after speaking to them on the phone to advise that I was not impressed with the same problem, they tried to fob me off advising it was going to cost me, needless to say we took the car in and I received first class service and the problem rectified under warrenty this time, in that time I witnessed a busy showroom all in the space of a hour, people purchasing cars looking around and one angry customer who by chance was driving around to find his Honda Dealer had now become a Skoda Dealer and he was not impressed!

I think I would use them for sales but for aftersales like servicing I would use my local garage as dealer is nearly a 30 mile round trip for me.

Davy

#5 Kenny R

Kenny R

Briskodian

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Car:Candy White 1.8 TSI 4x4 Yeti Lauren & Klement

Posted 28 April 2011 - 15:41

Phoned service dept,Re coil pack replacement campaign,very helpful on the phone,and Ive to pop in tomorrow so the can check what coils are fitted. Impressed so far,unlike Arnold Shark at seafield who cant even return a call after trying twice.

#6 Skodaboy1983

Skodaboy1983

Who Needs a vRS!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,372 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 18:21

Having to pop in there on Tuesday for some work to be done to the Fabia, will let you know how I get on.

Davy

#7 mrhankey

mrhankey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Car:had 2011 octy fl vrs white tsi full leather, now passat 2.0tdi highline dsg

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:50

not impressed when getting my car.

heard of others on the forum who got a full tank of fuel from their dunfermline branch. treat all customers the same.

car was dirty, scratches on it and glue still on it from transportation.

would not offer anything off the car or even a good will gesture for the fact i have now had to tcut scratches around my wheel arch of a brand new car.

the finance on the previous car i put in has still not been settled which has been over a month now and finance company chasing me.

love the car, but doubt i would use them again for another one. i think it is because i am younger, so they thought they could take advantage handing over a car like that to me.

#8 Skodaboy1983

Skodaboy1983

Who Needs a vRS!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,372 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 18:33

Popped into Chatham's Yesterday, arrived about 9am and said I would wait on the car, Brian the service chap advised could be a long wait but I think he bumped me up the workshop jobs to do as I was a waiting customer. Had to wait two hours but Ewan a Mechanic came out and advised I would need a new drivers seatbelt on the Fabia, and he would personally do the work for me on Saturday.

Davy

#9 Skodaboy1983

Skodaboy1983

Who Needs a vRS!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,372 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 18:52

Was there yesterday again, getting the seatbelt fitted, yet again excellant customer service from Ryan (not Bryan) who kept me up to date with the job and even apolgised for the delay in getting the car back (due to the airbag system resetting), would totally recommend Chatham's very friendly to deal with.

Davy

#10 oobster

oobster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 16:04

My car is going in there tomorrow (Tue 17th April 2012) for a vibration I am getting through the floor + a problem between 3rd and 2nd on the DSG box, will update the thread with my experiences.

#11 Grizzle

Grizzle

P**s taker :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts
  • Car:Korean ran on the bones of old korean dogs.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 20:45

Abosolute clowns, dont let them near your car!!, they also managed to scrape my miltek exhaust and put 50 miles on the car.

Complete tools.

#12 agentz

agentz

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 20:10

Chathams no more, as of today their two Skoda dealerships have been taken over by West End Garage. Skoda Uk website updated and shows only two retailers in Edinburgh now, Arnold Clark in Seafild and West End Sighthill. Wonder what's going on with Chathams, they now only deal with used Hondas and servicing, no more Skoda franchise, and they're now all about Great Wall and Ssangyong.

#13 nokiauk

nokiauk

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • Car:Seat Leon SE TSI

Posted 07 September 2012 - 20:25

They were rank as skoda dealers anyway uninterested and expensive compared to the competition, least now I can maybe get West End service without travelling to Broxburn.

#14 scottishscout

scottishscout

Finding my Feet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Car:Octavia Scout

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:40

Dealer now West End Garage Sighthill

1st time using Westend in 10 years after they caused damage to my car at their Broxburn branch. But hey, 10 years on, new dealership, things have surely improved.

Car was in for Airconditionong diagnostic as not cooling at all. (previously had been checked at Chatham / Westend Halbeath October 2012 and although out of pressure at that time it was refilled and no leaks detected. Cost for diagnostic Halbeath £49

Westend Sighthill charged £78 (one hours labour) to tell me apparently the condensor is leaking from the cap and will need new condensor. On insecting the engine bay when I got home I saw the fill caps for the airconditioning system were missing. Checking around the engine bay I found the missing caps left on the windscreen scuttle panel. Not what I expect from a £78 an hour mechanic.

I called the dealer this morning and was assured the service manager Grahem would call me straight back. After an hour I called again to be told he was out test driving cars. I went into the dealership where I was ushered into an office and Grahem (service manager) and Stuart (business manager) together tried intimidating tactics to say I was being rediculous complaing over parts left off and it was a simple mistake. My request for compensation for poor service was met with a resounding no.

#15 IainM1970

IainM1970

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 18:18

Have long experience of Graeme and Stuart and that does not sound like them at all. Always pleasant and bend over backwards to be helpful.

Don't mean to take away from your experience, doesn't sound impressive at all.

#16 JulieD

JulieD

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Car:2013 Yeti Adventure 4x4, 2010 Octavia vRS TSI estate, 2010 Yeti SE 140 4x4

Posted 04 June 2013 - 16:10

...Cost for diagnostic Halbeath £49

Westend Sighthill charged £78 (one hours labour) to tell me apparently the condensor is leaking from the cap and will need new condensor...

That's shocking charging different rates from different geographic locations - how on earth can they justify that? Anyone would think that property and business rates were more expensive in Edinburgh than Fife... Joking aside, if you want to avoid high labour costs just keep out of Edinburgh. £78 an hour looks decidedly cheap against VW and Audi labour rates in the Edinburgh garages.

Westend Sighthill charged £78 (one hours labour) to tell me apparently the condensor is leaking from the cap and will need new condensor. On insecting the engine bay when I got home I saw the fill caps for the airconditioning system were missing. Checking around the engine bay I found the missing caps left on the windscreen scuttle panel. Not what I expect from a £78 an hour mechanic.

I called the dealer this morning and was assured the service manager Grahem would call me straight back. After an hour I called again to be told he was out test driving cars. I went into the dealership where I was ushered into an office and Grahem (service manager) and Stuart (business manager) together tried intimidating tactics to say I was being rediculous complaing over parts left off and it was a simple mistake. My request for compensation for poor service was met with a resounding no.

Let's be honest here - what compensation were you realistically expecting to get from this? Consequential damage for loss due to faulty workmanship? Not really - nothing got broken and you didn't even lose the caps. Or perhaps something to compensate for the emotional distress of finding the caps had been left off???

Personally I've had nothing but first class service from West End Garage, and Graham goes out of his way to make sure that valued customers are looked after properly.
  • IainM1970 likes this

#17 Grizzle

Grizzle

P**s taker :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts
  • Car:Korean ran on the bones of old korean dogs.

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:53

Beginning to think your a west end fan boy, sadly in this world not everyone is perfect or recieves perfect service, so if people have an opinion on them so be it, you come across like a "WEST END DEFENDER"

:think:

#18 JulieD

JulieD

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Car:2013 Yeti Adventure 4x4, 2010 Octavia vRS TSI estate, 2010 Yeti SE 140 4x4

Posted 07 June 2013 - 18:14

Beginning to think your a west end fan boy,

If you're going start slinging names about you could at least try to be accurate - I think you'll find I'm a West End Fan Girl :giggle:

Edited by JulieD, 07 June 2013 - 18:22.

• domhnall likes this

#19 kilted

kilted

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Car:Yeti SE 2.0CR 140PS Black Magic & Citigo S 60ps

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:19

Having just purchased another car from them I have to say - keep up the good work guys.

No issues at all during the transaction.

#20 Pheasantplucker57

Pheasantplucker57

Getting older by the day.......

• FREEDOM
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 21:27

Took delivery yesterday of a 2014 registered Superb diesel 4x4 Elegance estate. The sales executive at West End Garage, Jamie MacLennan, fulfilled all promises made at the original point of sale a couple of weeks earlier, and I can not fault his attitude or professionalism in any way. I would not hesitate to purchase another Skoda through him.
  • raasayphil likes this

0 User(s) reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users