Warranty Direct Quote - Is this the answer?

dekevrs

Been searching online and come across Warranty Direct for my 2007 Mk I Superb 2.0td. We know there are some major issues, so do we think this could be the answer and piece of mind?

Great car and like others, would loose money to change, and to be honest, not sure I want to cause I love the car.

Sorting the water ingress problem as we speak (in the garage for problems with convenience ECU burning out covered under extended warranty - no water ingress so prevention thank goodness).

I have been quoted from Warranty Direct £280 for 13 months which includes electrical and engine (as well as loan cars, recovery etc.) from a Franchised dealer (£230 from independent). This covers oil pump. The better cover costs £450 and this covers just about all you could think of, including CV joints, suspension, ECU's....... (Again this is franchised. Independent is £380).

Could this be the answer?

Been searching online and come across Warranty Direct for my 2007 Mk I Superb 2.0td. We know there are some major issues, so do we think this could be the answer and piece of mind?

Great car and like others, would loose money to change, and to be honest, not sure I want to cause I love the car.

Sorting the water ingress problem as we speak (in the garage for problems with convenience ECU burning out covered under extended warranty - no water ingress so prevention thank goodness).

I have been quoted from Warranty Direct £280 for 13 months which includes electrical and engine (as well as loan cars, recovery etc.) from a Franchised dealer (£230 from independent). This covers oil pump. The better cover costs £450 and this covers just about all you could think of, including CV joints, suspension, ECU's....... (Again this is franchised. Independent is £380).

Could this be the answer?

Don't forget there are various other companies that also offer extended warranties

AA Warranty

Go Car

Click4Warranty

To name a few

Well like you dekevrs i did mention previously on another thread, that maybe a warranty of some description might be the answer in order to keep your own car, as when they are running nicely, it is a lovely car to drive, and for a small outlay you actually have a peace of mind....as for prices, its the small print one has to read, and that the warranty is actually covered, provided the car is correctly serviced according to the manufacturer's schedules, then if a claim ever arises, then you wont have any issues...so my golden rule would be, go for the very best warranty one can afford and put it down as part of the costs of car ownership....and also check how much the warranty pays towards the garage labour rates, as you dont want to be short when it comes to actually making a claim for a repair.

I was quoted £450 for 12mth cover from the franchised dealer with no limit on claims should they happen...a lot of money yes, but at least you dealing with the dealer...and like a big organisation they do have the back up and they offer a warranty for the work that they do,,,i think personally going cheap would be ok if one was selling the car, and go expensive if you plan to keep the car...the price i paid for not having the cash in order to purchase a warranty when mine expired....but hopefully it be back on the road soon and treated to a decent warranty. As our car is low miles and your's i believe is even lower miles, we both have a car that is very well equipped, yours even more so, and all of a sudden £450 sounds like a good deal when you consider what the labour rates are in a main dealer. :thumbup:

Cheers for the reply. I think this is the answer. Basically, will allow me to keep a great car and not worry about it. Yes it is additional expense, but under my control and that is what I like and can budget for. It also means we are running about in executive comfort for not very much money.

Before I decide, I will check with my dealer to see what proce they can do it for.

Niceone. :yes:

Well like you dekevrs i did mention previously on another thread, that maybe a warranty of some description might be the answer in order to keep your own car, as when they are running nicely, it is a lovely car to drive, and for a small outlay you actually have a peace of mind....as for prices, its the small print one has to read, and that the warranty is actually covered, provided the car is correctly serviced according to the manufacturer's schedules, then if a claim ever arises, then you wont have any issues...so my golden rule would be, go for the very best warranty one can afford and put it down as part of the costs of car ownership....and also check how much the warranty pays towards the garage labour rates, as you dont want to be short when it comes to actually making a claim for a repair.

I was quoted £450 for 12mth cover from the franchised dealer with no limit on claims should they happen...a lot of money yes, but at least you dealing with the dealer...and like a big organisation they do have the back up and they offer a warranty for the work that they do,,,i think personally going cheap would be ok if one was selling the car, and go expensive if you plan to keep the car...the price i paid for not having the cash in order to purchase a warranty when mine expired....but hopefully it be back on the road soon and treated to a decent warranty. As our car is low miles and your's i believe is even lower miles, we both have a car that is very well equipped, yours even more so, and all of a sudden £450 sounds like a good deal when you consider what the labour rates are in a main dealer. :thumbup:

I agree with skodanut - take a Dealer warranty out. Mine cost £350 for the year and included Skoda assist. Good value in my opinion. You can negotiate the price to a certain extent.

I agree with skodanut - take a Dealer warranty out. Mine cost £350 for the year and included Skoda assist. Good value in my opinion. You can negotiate the price to a certain extent.

+1

Lots of work carried out on my car under dealer extended warranty. No hassle and no handing over credit card and claiming back later.