How to disable the brake pedal over ride?

Fraggle

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a way of turning of the brake pedel over ride so i can use both pedels at the same time, for trail braking. When i try it shuts the throttle down. Is the an adaption channel or a coding i can change?

Thanks.

Hard one to explain this one. It can be used for various things with great effect through corners. It's more of a feeling through your feet that allows you to trail brake through a corner basically inducing oversteer to correct understeer or to keep the revs up when cornering, even cutting down foot transfer time from one pedal to another. Learn how to brake with the right amount of force using your left foot first before even attempting this. emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

oh, I use my accel and brake at the same time and its fine, I do it to clean the brakes off and warm them up. my car has done both since I can remember, didnt think it cut the accel when using the brake.

My vRs cuts the power when you try to drive whilst pressing the brake. It can be a pain when you have driven through water and want to dry the pads out,but I suppose on the other hand its better than Toyota's fiasco when the accelerator stuck open,and they all had to be recalled, and adapted to cut the power when the brake pedal pressed.

The purpose of the link between brake and throttle is to give protection against failure of the drive-by-wire throttle system. An unwanted demand for high throttle (e.g. a fault in the throttle sender or wiring) could lead to an accident or damaged engine.

The ECU can recognise the condition because brake and throttle are not normally needed together. If found, it then reduces engine fuelling. On my diesel car, pressing the brake gently when driving normally will remove engine power.

Although I have never heard of a failure of the DBW throttle system, if it does fail and you cause an accident because your throttle appears to go flat out, the insurance company would not be happy if it found you had removed the protection.

Many years ago when I was involved in motorsport, I too used left foot braking for many reasons and not just in rallying.

The purpose of the link between brake and throttle is to give protection against failure of the drive-by-wire throttle system. An unwanted demand for high throttle (e.g. a fault in the throttle sender or wiring) could lead to an accident or damaged engine.

Or just switch it off!?

I had the throttle stick open on an old car before, at WOT to, and found that by switching the engine off the car stopped! I didn't need to ram anything!

My octaiva doesn't seem to cut throttle anymore, I'm sure it use to so maybe Revo disable it to?

• Like 1

So does this mean you are unable to "heel & toe" with a Vrs. Havn't had the conditions to test yet but I will be miffed if I cant :(

No you can't unless you have had it mapped out.

Under what conditions would you use that in a road going car on the road??

Or just switch it off!?

And loose power steering making the car harder to steer, brake servo, and indicators and brake lights will also stop working. Much better to keep the engine running and press the brake, which in the event of a DBW failure will kill the throttle in software thus bringing the car to a safe stop.

DBW systems do fail, look at the hassle Toyota had with some of their models, as the car ages the chances of failure increase due to the way the DBW system works. The throttle pedal is basically a digital volume control, as these wear they create more noise in the signal reaching the ECU and could in theory tell the ECU you are on full throttle when in reality you have none applied.

I take what I said back, mine does cut off.

you need to push hard on the brake tho, like you really need to slow down so for what I uses it for its ok. you can still get a bit of drag from the brakes and still have power on.

cant do what you are on about tho in the corner stuff