how hard is to replace heather matrix on 2006 superb

Hello chaps, just looking around to change from skoda octavia 2000 to skoda superb 1.9 tdi pd 140. Ive found nice looking one on autotrader but seller said that heater matrix is leaking and that there is some antifreeze on the floor. NOW, DOES THIS INDICATE TO A HEAD GASKET PROBLEM AND IS IT HARD TO REPLACE HEATER MATRIX?

Regards

looking at the dash i would say it is possible to remove, but there are an awful lot of connections behind it including the airbag...but with time and knowing where all the screws are for dismantling it will take a few hours thats for sure....might pay to buy a haynes manual for the passat and follow the instructions for removal...least you will know where everything is :thumbup:

hello skodanut,

i have removed few dashboards from diffrent cars before and im not scared of buying cheap superb just because of heater matrix, just wondered if there are any hidden screws or something in particullar to look for.

thanks for your input, greatlly appreciated

regards

You should check if it is the matrix, it sounds like the pollen filter is letting water in, or that should be the first check anyway, dab the wet floor and taste it, if it tastes sweet it's the matrix, if not, it will be the ingress problem or there's no anti freeze in the system to start with, if you test drive it, make sure the water bottle is on the max level, go out for 20 minutes, and if it really is the matrix the level will have dropped, and remember the 2.0 engine is a pigs ear for reliability issues that cost £1000's upwards to fix.

hello Supurbia,

have checked what you suggested in the first place and it does taste sweet. It is defenetelly antifreeze leak. I think i will give this car a miss, as lot of people say that 2.0 tdi pd engine isn't very reliable.

Thanks for your input.

Regards

• Like 1

• 4 years later...