Auto headlight switch update...

pz1811

I have a Škoda Octavia II 1.8t ambient.

I just bought a new headlight switch with tunnel light position. I have checked coming home, leaving home and assistance driving light in vcds 10.6.0.

However just cannot get auto lights to work.

I have rain and light sensor but do not have maxidot.

Can anyone help me out..

ThNks.!

Edited by pz1811

Do a search on here (I'm sorry I can't think exactly where it is) but basically you'll be missing a wire,

I think it might be from position 10 on the light connector to somewhere, but do check this out, as that's only a vague memory and I could be wrong.

Ya

i had read the same at some blog here........

I think it requires a purple coloured wire....however on checking the headlight switch there is a 50% blue and 50% purple wire.........dont know if that s the reason or not..

anyways thanks alot for your help.!

You need to run at least one cable from the switch back to the convienience ECU, there was a guide on here somewhere which showed where the wire needed to be connected. Its an additional wire that is not present in the main loom of a standard car.

• 2 weeks later...

You need to run at least one cable from the switch back to the convienience ECU, there was a guide on here somewhere which showed where the wire needed to be connected. Its an additional wire that is not present in the main loom of a standard car.

CAn you please give me the part number for the same !!

Thanks alot.

Hi

The part number for the wire is 000979009.

I used two when I upgraded my switch.

Connect one to terminal number 2 on the light switch and the other to terminal number 14 on the convienience ECU

Trim the two wires to length and connect them together, I soldered mine and covered the join with heat shrink sleeving.

HTH

Chris

Edit: Just noticed that you have a FL Octavia the wiring is different.

The correct info is in post 191 (i think ) in this link Linky

Edited by chriskite

Thanks!!

checked the link..!!

Understood where to connect the headlight switch to the ECU but the problem is the "purple wire"!

Just checked with the Skoda dealer he says the part number should be a ten digit as opposed to a nine digit number.....!!!

Any idea on where i can get the purple wire???

Thanks alot!

Just checked the part number on my invoice and it is 000979009.

Checked the link and I think it's post number 131 which quotes the same number.

The colour of the wire isn't that important, mine are yellow.

You might try asking your dealer for a repair wire.

Just checked the part number on my invoice and it is 000979009.

Checked the link and I think it's post number 131 which quotes the same number.

The colour of the wire isn't that important, mine are yellow.

You might try asking your dealer for a repair wire.

Hi,

Hey not getting the wire anywhere!!! Dealer doesnt have the part number...and when I asked for a headlight repair wire he didn't know what i was talking about!!

Is there anywhere else I can get the wire from ?????????

Or anyway I can explain things more clearly to the dealer? He still pertains Auto Headlight switch cannot be retrofitted!

Hy,

Just got back from the skoda dealership they tried fixing a headlight repair wire from an older car to terminal 20 in A ....

However auto lights didn't work..... :'(

Keep getting this error msg in vcds----- implausible signal from light switch

No luck getting 000979009 from anywhere....can you help me out with the same ....pls getting vvvvv irritated.!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hy,

Just got back from the skoda dealership they tried fixing a headlight repair wire from an older car to terminal 20 in A ....

However auto lights didn't work..... :'(

Keep getting this error msg in vcds----- implausible signal from light switch

No luck getting 000979009 from anywhere....can you help me out with the same ....pls getting vvvvv irritated.!!

Any update mate, i bought the switch and looking for the wires but where to connect and how to ??

I dont know even how to dismentle the black connector at the back of the switch to see the pins and know how to connect a wire to pin No. 2.

Any update mate, i bought the switch and looking for the wires but where to connect and how to ??

I dont know even how to dismentle the black connector at the back of the switch to see the pins and know how to connect a wire to pin No. 2.

Do u want to remove the headlight switch ?

Or do you want to remove the connection at the back of the switch?