#1 Scottie

Scottie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:21

Hello all

firstly a happy new year to everyone.

Secondly............does anyone know if the roomie has a separate board for rely units/ control units e.g. flashers, lights, windows etc or are the units spread about vehicle? Particular interest is the front window control unit/ convenience control some call it?

#2 Julian Edgar

Julian Edgar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 20:26

I don't know for sure but looking up under the dash (RHS on RHD car) appears to reveal a panel of relays. When I replaced the horns I wanted to ensure that the car used a relay to control the horn and the clicking came from this area.

#3 Tech1e

Tech1e

Cruise Control Guru

• Honorary
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,602 posts
  • Car:Fabia 1.4 MPI+ SEAT Leon TDI S

Posted 04 January 2011 - 21:22

The central electrics ECU controls all functions such as wipers and lighting, it is a flat square ECU mounted above the accelerator pedal. The convenience ECU if it has one is located above the clutch pedal. Also each window motor is it's own control unit being linked together.

#4 Scottie

Scottie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 21:25

The central electrics ECU controls all functions such as wipers and lighting, it is a flat square ECU mounted above the accelerator pedal. The convenience ECU if it has one is located above the clutch pedal. Also each window motor is it's own control unit being linked together.

Thanks Tech1e, can locate easily now. Mybe time there was a Haynes manual!

Best regards

Scottie

0 User(s) reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users