Yeti Owners Google Map. ***Please read***

davehutch

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just added a pin for Peel, isle of Man, in anticipation of my new arrival around March / April time. I have the map to myself at the moment but I do know there is already one Candy White SM living in the Greeba area at present..........afraid I have no other details at the moment.

Manxman

i have added my pin and after 2 attempts got a picture on it too :rofl: my yeti needs some Friends around here add your pins

this thread should be pinned so it is not lost in the many pages of posts

Edited by wakev

What might also be handy is to pin your chosen dealer. How could one do that?

Chris.

The same way, as anyone can create as many pins as they like (I think), label them and also edit anyone else's pin.

But how many pins will there be for Allams?

Not sure there is enough space on the map! :rofl:

Edit: Something has changed since yesterday, as now you don't appear to be able to edit others. :thumbup:

Edited by CT17

The same way, as anyone can create as many pins as they like (I think), label them and also edit anyone else's pin.

But how many pins will there be for Allams?

Not sure there is enough space on the map! :rofl:

Edit: Something has changed since yesterday, as now you don't appear to be able to edit others. :thumbup:

I've asked to have it pinned. Thanks for all the participation so far.

Not sure why you can't edit others pins, but maybe that's how it should be...I can still edit all pins if necessary as the owner of the map

When you first go into edit mode you will be editing in Plain Text, change to rich text and choose the add image option on rar right of options to add a photo. You'll need to be hosting that photo on Photobucket or Flickr or something similar and use the URL the hosting site gives the photo.

Stewart

I've done this but all I get is a question mark. hosting on Flickr.

Puzzled.

My link

Mike

I've done this but all I get is a question mark. hosting on Flickr.

Puzzled.

My link

Mike

Did it for you if that's ok?

Selected the "Grab the BB/html" option and copied out the photo link.

Great idea! There must be many more "secretive Yetis" around and about that will never get on the map, but lets see how it goes. May be worth pinning this to the top of the page.

Sudden thought though....... and I really dont want to pour cold water on the idea ... is there any security risk to populating this map? If someone wanted to nick a Yeti, (Or a Columbus for example) we could inadvertantly be giving them precise instructions about where to find the model and colour they want!

What do you think?

Just added my Oct'y hope you don't mind.

Yeti only I'm afraid.

If it was opened up to all Skodas the map would be full up in no time and not of much use.

Feel free to set one up in the Octy forum though.

Sorry

Great idea! There must be many more "secretive Yetis" around and about that will never get on the map, but lets see how it goes. May be worth pinning this to the top of the page.

Sudden thought though....... and I really dont want to pour cold water on the idea ... is there any security risk to populating this map? If someone wanted to nick a Yeti, (Or a Columbus for example) we could inadvertantly be giving them precise instructions about where to find the model and colour they want!

What do you think?

Pretty low risk. The title of the thred says "Roughly" and I've also added the fact that it should be only be a rough location in order to look out for Yeti owners as they drive around locally.

"Be as accurate or as inaccurate as you wish, but it should represent roughly where you can be spotted "

You're right though, that putting your postcode in would be a bad idea, but hopefully everyone understands that and puts their location in to the nearest half mile or so

Edited by davehutch

Just added a pin not too worried about a pic we all know what a yeti looks like and in my own selfish opinion mines the best ! lol

I'm very happy with my choice and would not reconsider another car at the moment it's brilliant in every way including the additional wheels and snow tyres

but if you wanna see look here http://www.flickr.co...N05/5325217468/

Hi Pete-n

I was checking out the map last night and whilst pulling the map to centre it prior to zooming in. I appear to have caught your pin and moved you to France! Abject apologies!!!emoticon-0106-crying.gif It really was unintentional. As soon as I saw it move, I did not save etc and came out of Google maps hoping that it would not be permanent. Anyway on our PC you are showing the move and it looks like I caused it!!! smiley-computer012.gif. I tried to send you a message last night by posting a reply here but in the middle of it the site went down, for maintainance I believe.

I hope you will accept my apology and be able to move home soon! (at the risk of incurring your wrath: did the earth move for you, what were the French roads like and what MPG did you get?)

A humble and very sorry................

THE GREAT YETI

smiley-transport011.gif

Pretty low risk. The title of the thred says "Roughly" and I've also added the fact that it should be only be a rough location in order to look out for Yeti owners as they drive around locally.

"Be as accurate or as inaccurate as you wish, but it should represent roughly where you can be spotted "

You're right though, that putting your postcode in would be a bad idea, but hopefully everyone understands that and puts their location in to the nearest half mile or so

I was already signed up with Google, & when I opened the map, there was a pin right on my house!

I've now moved it to the local Police station car park. That should fool any nare-do-wells! :giggle:

Hi Pete-n

I was checking out the map last night and whilst pulling the map to centre it prior to zooming in. I appear to have caught your pin and moved you to France! Abject apologies!!!emoticon-0106-crying.gif It really was unintentional. As soon as I saw it move, I did not save etc and came out of Google maps hoping that it would not be permanent. Anyway on our PC you are showing the move and it looks like I caused it!!! smiley-computer012.gif. I tried to send you a message last night by posting a reply here but in the middle of it the site went down, for maintainance I believe.

I hope you will accept my apology and be able to move home soon! (at the risk of incurring your wrath: did the earth move for you, what were the French roads like and what MPG did you get?)

A humble and very sorry................

THE GREAT YETI

smiley-transport011.gif

Just moved it back to (roughly) where it belongs. I clicked on Pete-n's profile and it showed me where he was, so dropped it back in its approximate position

I was already signed up with Google, & when I opened the map, there was a pin right on my house!

I've now moved it to the local Police station car park. That should fool any nare-do-wells! :giggle:

What a great idea :giggle:

Just moved it back to (roughly) where it belongs. I clicked on Pete-n's profile and it showed me where he was, so dropped it back in its approximate position

Thanks Daveemoticon-0148-yes.gif

Did not want to do further damage so I had left it alone..........Hopefully Pete-n will accept my sincere apology and place the pin back where he wants it.

Great idea by the way - thank you for organising itemoticon-0148-yes.gifemoticon-0148-yes.gifemoticon-0148-yes.gif

THE GREAT YETI

smiley-transport011.gif

glad you thought of this dave.

told you it was a great idea and judging by the response, it was.

good idea about putting the pin at the local police station too.

i have one just up the road that's populated by the traffic officers for this area.

10/ 10 chap

oh, do you like the new sig?

Just added mine. I'd suggest you add the "Click the rich text button and then click on add picture" to the first post please. Took me ages to try and do and THEN read the rest of the thread to find that little nugget of information.

But a great idea! emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Just added mine. I'd suggest you add the "Click the rich text button and then click on add picture" to the first post please. Took me ages to try and do and THEN read the rest of the thread to find that little nugget of information.

But a great idea! emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Good idea. Done

glad you thought of this dave.

told you it was a great idea and judging by the response, it was.

good idea about putting the pin at the local police station too.

i have one just up the road that's populated by the traffic officers for this area.

10/ 10 chap

oh, do you like the new sig?

Thanks for giving me the nudge to do it.

Good idea with the sig, but maybe the link needs to go to the first post in the thread so people get all the information they need?

Edited by davehutch

Great initiative this, Dave. Might need to ask a Mod when theyve finished fixing the site to make this a "sticky" thread, otherwise it could get lost. When I posted this it was close to bottom of page one. Just a thought.

Great initiative this, Dave. Might need to ask a Mod when theyve finished fixing the site to make this a "sticky" thread, otherwise it could get lost. When I posted this it was close to bottom of page one. Just a thought.

Thanks Freshacre.

I did ask a mod yesterday so let's see what happens

Edited by davehutch

to "Pete". I found your Flickr image you were trying to insert on the map and posted it in for you.

Instructions on how to put Flickr photos can be found in the first post