Yeti Owners Google Map. ***Please read***

davehutch

Thanks for giving me the nudge to do it.

Good idea with the sig, but maybe the link needs to go to the first post in the thread so people get all the information they need?

done.

my link now points to this thread.

ooh, and we can have yeti's as pins too.

that's too clever dave :thumbup:

Edited by YetiClive

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

done.

my link now points to this thread.

ooh, and we can have yeti's as pins too.

that's too clever dave :thumbup:

Can't take the credit. Hucklebarry started the craze

How do you edit an entry on the map? I forgot to put the details of my SM, which is now actually due to be built the week after next.

Click on your entry in the list, then click on "Edit" at the top of the page.

Type your details into your box and then click on "Done" at the top of the page

Edited by davehutch

Hi great yeti intresting journey needed some wine anyhow , all back home now and added a picture so no harm done mate !

emoticon-0148-yes.gif Cheers. Or should I say Santé......smiley-eatdrink042.gif

How do you edit an entry on the map? I forgot to put the details of my SM, which is now actually due to be built the week after next.

WOW!!!!! Did I miss it elsewhere?! You finally have a build date!!! And it is soon!!!! Fantastic news!

Now I know why I don't see any more yetis .......I'm all on my own :giggle:

Ditto!

No, I tell a lie, I did see a Dark Blue one just before Christmas, sensibly escaping from the Trafford Centre & heading off towards Stockport. No others recently though! :'(

• 2 weeks later...

This seemed to be a popular thread until it got "Pinned" and then nobody posted any more. How bizzare! emoticon-0106-crying.gif

And now it seems to have been unpinned?!?!

And now it seems to have been unpinned?!?!

Yes, that's what prompted me to get it going again. I guess only the popular ones get pinned and if nobody posts for a few weeks, they get unpinned again

Yes, that's what prompted me to get it going again. I guess only the popular ones get pinned and if nobody posts for a few weeks, they get unpinned again

It is peculiar as this would be good pinned as you can see who lives close to you if you need some help! The powers that be thought otherwise I guess?

well best to keep it near the top by ourselves then.

as an afterthought... i checked the map the other day and there was a pin in the middle of the atlantic!?!?!?! :yes:

this thread has had more posts than the last one on the pinned list. that one should be removed :yes: and this one re pinned :thumbup:

looks like jock is on a ferry going on holiday :rofl:

Holiday? I should be so lucky!

How on earth did I get there?

I know SMs are able creatures, but I was in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, halfway to Newfoundland for goodness sake!

Edited by Jock

jock has gone home again (sea sick or home sick ) good to have you back :giggle:

I can't say it's good to be back, but I have no idea how I got there in the first place - that wasn't where I left it!

Edited by Jock

Is there any way of 'locking' the pins? I noticed when I added my pin how easy it was to inadvertently move it, though there is a reset button that will return it whence it came.

Chris.

As long as you haven't clicked on the Edit button, you can't move the pins

As long as you haven't clicked on the Edit button, you can't move the pins

hate to tell you this, dave, but i just tried it,

went to map and just clicked on a pin and was able to move it anywhere i wanted.

sorry Seo.

hope you got back to where you started?

couldn't use my pin as i wanted to see if i could move others.

i didn't hit the edit button either.

is there a way to lock the pins?

Another interesting effect, I was able to move my pin, or so I thought, what actually happened was that the first pin stayed where it was and a second pin was created and moved, duplicating the first but with a black cross at the bottom. Was able to delete it though!

Chris.

hate to tell you this, dave, but i just tried it,

went to map and just clicked on a pin and was able to move it anywhere i wanted.

sorry Seo.

hope you got back to where you started?

couldn't use my pin as i wanted to see if i could move others.

i didn't hit the edit button either.

is there a way to lock the pins?

Well it would appear Seo is also now on holiday; suprised to see a pin in the Shetlands :giggle:

TP