Yeti Owners Google Map. ***Please read***

davehutch

How do you put the little image of a Yeti instead of the normal pin?

Click on the "Pin" icon when you've highlighted your own car and then click "My Icons", you'll see a selection of colours for you to choose from

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Still love this and wonder why the admins have not made it 'sticky'? Been a while since I looked (largely because 'out of sight out of mind') but there seem to be quite a few additions since I added mine.

Harvey is now back home from his long swim in the north sea.

Still the "only Yeti" in Lincolnshire though....:giggle:

That's cos a Yeti's normal habitat is in the hills! :giggle:

• 3 weeks later...

Just added ours.

Not sure I can get the photo link part to work - not important, but want to know if I'm going mad or not :rofl:

I don't see a photo on there. How are you trying to do it? What's the link to the photo?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought it was time I bumped this to the top of the pile again. There must be a few more owners around

hmm none listed round here but so far within a few hundred metres of home I have seen reasonably regularly

1 x white

1 x black

1 x blue

1 x red

1 x muscovado

Obviously none of them have heard of briskoda

:wonder:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd just check to see if there are any more Yetis on the map near where I live, and not only aren't there any, my pin has disappeared too. After sending out a search party (an electronic one) I found that my Yeti has emigrated to the foothills of Nepal, and despite my best efforts, I don't seem to be able to persuade him to come home.

Strange really, as I'm sure he was sitting under my carport an hour ago, sulking because he hasn't been out yet today! :rofl:

Anyway, how do I drag my beast back to the right place on the may, and what's happened to all the other Yetis that used to be on the map in the Manchester area. It's almost as though the map behind the pins has moved, although I see some well known contributors pins are still in the correct place? I guess the pins out in the Atlantic could be connected with the issue too. :(

Edit: having clicked on various owners names in the LH column, several are now hiding in the mysterious east (India that is, not Norfolk!), so it looks as though there has been a catastrophic corruption of the map, or someone has been messing with it. :thumbdown:

Edited by speedsport

Thought I'd just check to see if there are any more Yetis on the map near where I live, and not only aren't there any, my pin has disappeared too. After sending out a search party (an electronic one) I found that my Yeti has emigrated to the foothills of Nepal, and despite my best efforts, I don't seem to be able to persuade him to come home.

Strange really, as I'm sure he was sitting under my carport an hour ago, sulking because he hasn't been out yet today! :rofl:

Anyway, how do I drag my beast back to the right place on the may, and what's happened to all the other Yetis that used to be on the map in the Manchester area. It's almost as though the map behind the pins has moved, although I see some well known contributors pins are still in the correct place? I guess the pins out in the Atlantic could be connected with the issue too. :(

Edit: having clicked on various owners names in the LH column, several are now hiding in the mysterious east (India that is, not Norfolk!), so it looks as though there has been a catastrophic corruption of the map, or someone has been messing with it. :thumbdown:

Hi John!

Parked Him back nearer home for you emoticon-0136-giggle.gif Sorry someone "borrowed" him for a whileemoticon-0112-wondering.gif Hope he has had a good holiday with the relatives emoticon-0103-cool.gif

(Having found "Speedsport" entry on the map

- Just tab back up to the top of the list and edit + Save).........Hope you'r well......Speak to you soon ...........Tony

Hi John!

Parked Him back nearer home for you emoticon-0136-giggle.gif Sorry someone "borrowed" him for a whileemoticon-0112-wondering.gif Hope he has had a good holiday with the relatives emoticon-0103-cool.gif

(Having found "Speedsport" entry on the map

- Just tab back up to the top of the list and edit + Save).........Hope you're well......Speak to you soon ...........Tony

Thanks Tony, and you are pretty much on target too.... found him easily, apparently none the worse for his adventure. He could do with a wash though (mind you, he could have done with a wash before he set off). Funny how his mileage doesn't seem to have changed!!! :rofl:

The map used to show about 5 of his cousins within a 10 mile radius of Sale, but all seem to have disappeared. I still reckon someone has made a global change that's gone wrong and repositioned the pins originally set by members.

Anyway, thanks for your help

well the map is well and truly screwed now!!!

can't move my pin at all and the yeti specific icons have gone.

what's going on?

edit: ah i see.

just read Dave's update on post#1

is there a briskoda map?