The Fabia vRS Review and Photo thread

vRSy

Thanks ChrisRS. Tried to get the thumbnails to work but the forum board didn't like the IMG tags. Got a good deal on the car. Was a demo model. Only done 1700kms. Tinted, has MDI fitted, LED fog lights amd the black color mags that I wanted along with the black roof. my first ever european car. loving it!

brand new with on road costs goes for $39k with the accessories that I wanted. got demo for $34k. the sales rep who ordered the demo for the company luckily had the same taste in colors as me.

Edited by techwhizard

Hello

Thought i would just share some photos of my vRS, had it since end of November but with the rubbish weather since then ive not had opputunity to take photos with a clean car!

So here are some photos

Photo224.jpg

Photo223.jpg

Photo218.jpg

Photo216.jpg

Really pleased with it, kind of wish i had gone for some fancy wheels now though, but hey i might get them done at some point!

• Like 1

Picked Her up today, all went very well, car great and nothing fell off :)

One minor problem was dealer did not have the MDI cable, did not argue and will send it Tuesday !

DRL's also switched off on pick up as dealer said 'so far all his customers did not want them on'. I asked for them to be turned on, took 2 mins.

Will post a couple of pictures today and put my first impressions tomorrow or early next week

Very happy bunny tonight.

Cheers

post-67014-0-05596100-1301083697_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Have just put it in the garage and 200 miles were on the clock. Took the family out for the day to Whitstible to get some miles on it and let the Mrs go in it.

Probably easier to put likes and dislikes as first impressions:-

1. Feels very well put together and very tight

2. Like the Sat Nav and climate control - makes the dash look very upmarket.

3. Like the space in the car for the adults and the kids.

4. Like the DSG so far, had it in sport for a little bit and seems to know its stuff (have not tried the paddles yet)

5. Like the seats, the side bolsters really gripp you.

6. Like the MPG about 34 according to the computer ( i will try brim method on next fill up) alot better than my RX8 being around 19 !

7. Like the Maxidot, loads of stuff it can tell you.

8. Like the sun roof adds some light to the cabin

9. Like the fact that due to its size have more room in my garage !

10. Like that the Mrs likes it (she hated my RX8)

Dislike

1. The key in the fuel cap and the lack of flap locking. Really NAFF for a car like this.

2. The boot is not quite as wide as i thought and we had to juggle the pram around a bit to get it in today

3. The lack of a instrument brightness scroller/wheel

4. The lack of my MDI cable at pick up (will be sent this week) :doh:

5. Its a little dark inside even with the sun roof, everything seems to be dark grey or black.

Overall more impressed that the 2 test drives I took and it feels ready to go and wants to be driven. Gonna drive it fairly normally but give it a bit more well in the next 100 miles or so and use the sport setting a bit more.

Very glad i made the move to the vRS and it feels a lot more expensive than it actually is.

Roll on the next decent drive in it !

As has benn mentioned on here, don't forget to check the oil level, but i guess as you are coming from an RX-8 that will be second nature to you :rofl: . it would appear though that you have been enjoying the early days of new ownership and long may it continue.

Only another 10 days then i get mine :D .

Jerry - Oil will be checked every 2 to 3 fill ups to start with for first 2,000 oil miles to see what she is using.

Hopefully she wont get through 1 litre per 1,200 miles as per RX8 !

Cheers

Vrs?? I'm green with envy at you guys but at my age (retired)I simply don't need anything more than my little 3 pot. Wife likes her comfort and being rather "comfortable" in build herself, finds sports seats a bit too restrictive. Got to say I think the car looks stunning and some of the examples above are a dream (which is what I'm doing)! :'( The performance figures for a car that costs so little while looking this good, are amazing. One major observation, is there any colour that doesn't compliment this little car? I LOVE the red but every other colour is great too. The Vrs was a while coming but looks like it's been worth the wait.. :thumbup:

Vrs?? I'm green with envy at you guys but at my age (retired)I simply don't need anything more than my little 3 pot. Wife likes her comfort and being rather "comfortable" in build herself, finds sports seats a bit too restrictive. Got to say I think the car looks stunning and some of the examples above are a dream (which is what I'm doing)! :'( The performance figures for a car that costs so little while looking this good, are amazing. One major observation, is there any colour that doesn't compliment this little car? I LOVE the red but every other colour is great too. The Vrs was a while coming but looks like it's been worth the wait.. :thumbup:

mine is white with black roof and black alloys. woof