Breather Hoses on AUQ VRS

Hey guys,

Apologies for another thread, but to clear things up really..

I've half a breather pipe missing completely upon checking under the bonnet.

Basically, Where do they run from, and to, or does anyone have part numbers of what i'll need to replace the lot?

Are they a complete arse to do, and do you recommend doing anything else while Covers etc are off?

Cheers

Yeah its around the Y piece thats gone, i just cant establish whether its broken, how big the part is or where it goes to, and also i don't mind doing the lot at once dependant on cost :)

Cheers

From the Y piece it connects to a plastic breather that runs down in front of the block, available from a dealer or tps. Not sure of a cost or part number but I think "bodge" replaced it recently so may have the info you require :thumbup:

Awesome - Well the Y piece is knackered anyway, and there's the silicone one above for £29, so i'll need that - When i have some cash i think i'll investigate more - By memory, i don't need any others but at the moment this is just open.

Will this cause me much grief?

Along with the Lambda gone, its overfueling and i get steam from the back, which stopped when my Thermostat was done and is now back.

There's no use of water that i can tell, and no sign of headgasket (Thank god!)...

Cheers

If I had the money I'd do things like that - The only Mod where thats concerned will be a Silicone Y Piece as its £6 less than Skoda are asking!

Unless its Cheaper to do the Catch Tank mod... Though are there any gains?

From the Y piece it connects to a plastic breather that runs down in front of the block, available from a dealer or tps. Not sure of a cost or part number but I think "bodge" replaced it recently so may have the info you require :thumbup:

Yup this is the part of the breather system that's under the inlet manifold (I replaced the whole lot):

p1030869p.jpg

I also fitted the Viper flourosilicone lined Y-hose, and replaced the PCV in the turbo intake hose. http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/183936-recent-breather-dv-wheels-etc-fiddlings/page__p__2204757__fromsearch__1entry2204757

It's all pretty easy to work on once you've moved the N112/N249 plate to one side. I seem to spend a lot of time fiddling about under the inlet manifold, and I'm going back under there soon to replace the thermostat too!

Well, The Y Piece was fine, I've replaced the bit of pipe that was missing, connected from the Y piece to the part under the inlet Manifold.

Next up is to clean the TB.

Lambda sensor has gone completely mad, it runs horribly and is over fuelling like a bitch.

I'm ordering a sensor online now, so hopefully it'll be here Thursday!

Time will then tell :)