Haldex IV

The Plumber

For reasonably detailed information on the Haldex systems try their web site;

Haldex-AWD, BorgWarner Corp

This site also includes a number of downloadable diagrams such as;

Haldex IV coupling oil schematic

Haldex IV typical drive-train layout

Note: this information is subject to change by the manufacturer.

TP

Edited by The Plumber

Are you perchance bored at the moment TP? Or just suffering SM withdrawal symptoms? :giggle:

Actually supposed to be writing up an assignment for my degree course which should be in next week but having difficulty finding the relevant information required, so keep drifting off looking at things much more interesting :rofl:

Looks like I'm going to be in trouble for missing the deadline :doh::giggle:

Regards,

TP

Hi TP!

Whilst not strictly Haldex - what can you tell us about the dealer-supply option: Mechanical Drive Locking System (DVC 630 002)? Is it easy to fit, and what is the typical labour time involved?

Thanks - Mike

Hi TP!

Whilst not strictly Haldex - what can you tell us about the dealer-supply option: Mechanical Drive Locking System (DVC 630 002)? Is it easy to fit, and what is the typical labour time involved?

Thanks - Mike

Hi Mike,

the locking system in question is actuated by a key inserted into a lock on the centre console near the gear selector. I believe from memory it locks the gear selector system thus preventing the use of the gearbox. Note there's different kits for manual or DSG.

Not fitted one myself and to be honest not aware this kit was available in the UK, as all UK vehicles come with electronic security systems as standard.

Apologies for having no further information.

Regards,

TP

Hi Mike,

the locking system in question is actuated by a key inserted into a lock on the centre console near the gear selector. I believe from memory it locks the gear selector system thus preventing the use of the gearbox. Note there's different kits for manual or DSG.

Not fitted one myself and to be honest not aware this kit was available in the UK, as all UK vehicles come with electronic security systems as standard.

Apologies for having no further information.

Regards,

TP

Hi TP,

Many thanks for yours. I had thought this Mechanical Drive Locking System to be a form of mechanical diff lock, maybe a Torsen as used by Audi, hence my including this under your Haldex thread in the hope of receiving clarification. I am still not convinced by your explanation however, if you should happen to find out more, do please enlighten us.

Regards

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

So which version of Haldex 4 do we have?

Gen 4 .0BR

Gen 4. 0BS/0AY

Gen 4.0BY

Mike

Hi Mike,

not sure to be honest, not come across these codes. However the Haldex official performance parts provider is RamTech there's a hyper-link to this company from the Haldex site.

Regards,

TP

Hi Mike,

not sure to be honest, not come across these codes. However the Haldex official performance parts provider is RamTech there's a hyper-link to this company from the Haldex site.

Regards,

TP

Thanks TP

The TTShop is the UK distributor.

Currently the Gen 4 controller costs £630+VAT and they do a remote control for it which costs £200+VAT.

You get Eco, Standard and Race modes.

Eco makes the car more front wheel drive.

Standard is .......standard.

Race anticipates wheelspin and sends more to the rear wheels before the front ones spin.

Sounds to me like the race mode might be better for off road use as well.....as it will transfer torque to the other wheels before the fronts start to spin.

Mike

• 1 year later...

Yeti's Haldex clutch type is 0BR , also used in some other car models below:

Audi A3/S3: 09-

Audi TT: 08-

Seat Altea: 07-

Skoda Octavia: 08-

Skoda Superb: 08-

Skoda Yeti: 10-

Volkswagen Golf: 08-

• 4 years later...

For reasonably detailed information on the Haldex systems try their web site;

Haldex-AWD, BorgWarner Corp

This site also includes a number of downloadable diagrams such as;

Haldex IV coupling oil schematic

attachicon.gifOil_circuit_027p.jpg

Haldex IV typical drive-train layout

attachicon.gifdrivetrain_system_007p.jpg

Note: this information is subject to change by the manufacturer.

TP

Can you please send the link for the Haldex diagrams....thanks in advance ......