#1 Rab-k

Rab-k

Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 13:18

Hi

I've seen the link to the vRS website detailing how to adjust pre-FL headlights for driving on the continent, and I'm aware that if you've bi-zenons this can be done via maxidot.

However, is it possible to adjust the facelift halogen headlights for continental driving?

#2 JR RS

JR RS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 00:13

Hi

I've seen the link to the vRS website detailing how to adjust pre-FL headlights for driving on the continent, and I'm aware that if you've bi-zenons this can be done via maxidot.

However, is it possible to adjust the facelift halogen headlights for continental driving?

the occty does not have bi-xenons (pre-FL or FL)!!
yes, if u do have xenons with maxidot, then u can set it via the maxidot to "tourist mode" for intercontinental driving.

i don't think non-xenons (halogen) have this. correct me if i'm wrong.

#3 ian-inhome

ian-inhome

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Car:2010 Octavia 1.8 TSI Elegance hatchback

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:19

I set mine to flat beam as per instructions on this forum. No problems

#4 Rab-k

Rab-k

Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 20:53

I set mine to flat beam as per instructions on this forum. No problems

Still none the wiser.... "flat beam"... where do you find that?

#5 silver1011

silver1011

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,633 posts
  • Car:2008 Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDi PD140 Scout, 2011 Skoda Superb 2.0 TDi CR140 SE Twindoor

Posted 25 January 2011 - 21:37

Rab,

Try this thread...

http://briskoda.net/...ght-adjustment/

Your set up (facelift, standard halogen, non-maxidot) can be altered for continental driving.

Flat beaming is basically as it sounds; sliding a lever on the back of the headlight flattens the light beam to avoid dazzling oncoming drivers when driving on the right.

As per the above thread it requires removal of the headlights but it is supposed to be a quite straight forward DIY.

One word of warning, this is a temporary measure for short periods such as holidays etc. If you plan to stay over seas for any length of time you'll need new LHD headlights.

#6 Rab-k

Rab-k

Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 23:40

Rab,

Try this thread...

http://briskoda.net/...ght-adjustment/

Your set up (facelift, standard halogen, non-maxidot) can be altered for continental driving.

Flat beaming is basically as it sounds; sliding a lever on the back of the headlight flattens the light beam to avoid dazzling oncoming drivers when driving on the right.

As per the above thread it requires removal of the headlights but it is supposed to be a quite straight forward DIY.

One word of warning, this is a temporary measure for short periods such as holidays etc. If you plan to stay over seas for any length of time you'll need new LHD headlights.

Excellent! Thanks for the link. Off to Sweden for a week this summer so will only be needed for short period. My Passat headlights have a switch for this but I wasn't sure if the FL Octy had similar; sounds as though they do.

Cheers!