Window Regulator repair kit

naleca

good luck with that one- spent hours yesterday re cabling my n/s/f- the new 'cog' that came with the kit didnt fit the splines on the motor- my grooves on my old cog were too knackered to work- spent hours trying to stop the cables jamming :( then eventualy when i managed to achieve full up and down travel the green window clip exploded into bits :( gonna try scrapyard tommorrow instead..

the easiest way i found to assemble it was to leave the cable out of the white roller guide at the bottom of the front runner, assemble all the cables etc and then prise the cable over the white guide..

hope you have better luck than me.. :S

different kit to the one i bought? - although it looks like your missing the green window clip there??? (not in picture..)

The rear window regulator only has a single rail.

First put the slide on the rail and the glass clamp to the slide. You may need to secure it by pushing the square clip from the old slide into the centre of the slide (depends on kit). If none of the cables are damaged, then this may be all you need to do.

Most kits have two bowden type cables.

One of these has a white wing on the plastic end piece. This end fits onto the bottom of the rail. Pull the cable up the rail and fit the ferrule into the slide.

The white piece on the other cable will fit on the top of the rail BUT DON'T DO IT YET. Pull the cable down the rail and fit the ferrule into the slide.

On the other end of the cables there are sleeves. Put the springs over the sleeves.

Mount the pulley, pull the cables through to the pulley and fit the ferrules into the pulley (make sure the springs sit correctly between the cable sleeves and the frame).

Carefully, fit the white piece of the upper cable to the top of the rail. If you have everything right the cable will sit in the rail channel. The white plastic piece can be move up and down to take the slack out of the cable

HTH

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I have 2000 Skoda Octavia, and the window clips (used to be green) keeps breaking with minimal use for all windows.

And in my last repair at the workshop, it EXPLODED while driving, and heard it shattering everywhere inside the hollow door.

Its costing me around 20 euro per door (only for this clip and service charges), but there's no point in fixing them if they keep on breaking.

Can you please help in how i can fix it once and for all? replacing the clip with something else? Or maybe another system that can work in my car that doesn't fail that much?

Please refer to the picture below.

The clip that is breaking is it the one in black circle, or is it one of these in yellow circle?

If one in yellow circle then you must give attention to the following when setting up the repairing kit (I have broken one with missing these points and spent 10EUR extra for the a repair kit):

The part in red circle is used to tighten the springs (beyond the blue lines) on the green clips (those in yellow circle). How to properly tighten the springs: When the clip in the black circle is somewhere on the middle of its moving track, then the clips (those in yellow circle) must be in their housing (the plastic part on metal electric motor holder) by approximately its half (both of them). And of course I would advise you to test the window regulator setup after putting in the repair kit before you put back the door trim. Also if the reparation procedure is not done by yourself, monitor the mechanics work because they used to be very clumsy when doing such "easy" stuff...

post-120576-0-26312400-1427905858_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arminator

• 1 month later...