rSAP Bluetooth to HandsFree - Sucess!

Yep, you definitely can reply via voice to text...a bit iffy tbh, especially when driving at reasonable speeds but depends on the Superb's mic quality I guess? How do you connect the phone via 'premium'? I was just happy to get the phone connected originally, so didn't look at connection types etc...

I'm going to try and have a look today but any instructions would be great!

I didn't pick premium it defaulted to that. Once the phone is connected I think it is under Bluetooth in the phone settings - gives a choice of Premium or Handsfree but had defaulted to Premium.

I didn't pick premium it defaulted to that. Once the phone is connected I think it is under Bluetooth in the phone settings - gives a choice of Premium or Handsfree but had defaulted to Premium.

Ok, thanks. I'll check that on my phone and report back... ;o)

Currently using an HTC Titan and Windows Phone 7.8 (soon to be Lumia 620 as discussed) but Bluetooth functionality 'should' be the same...

Hi, Just got the bluetooth module of the person on ebay. Ordered Sunday, arrive Thursday. Installed in 5 mins yesterday. Brilliant stuff.

Couple of quick questions. hopefully someone knows the answers

I have an Iphone 4

Anyone know difference between 'premium' and 'handsfree' modes?

and the difference in the audio mode between 'calls only' and 'always'

Thanks

See post #246 above.

Ray

Ah ok, had to google 'rsap' and it looks like iPhones don't support it, what a surprise.

Whats the the difference in the audio mode between 'calls only' and 'always'. Is that linked to the capability with some phones of having texts read etc?

Are you able to clarify where you find the 'premium' and 'handsfree' options - are these on the phone or car as I can't find them on either?

WHen i had the BlackBerry with rSAP support, if i turned Remote Sim off on the phone, the hands free connected in Hands Free, If it was on, then the car chose rSAP (Premium) connection... Not sure there is a way of setting the car to choose, it just uses whatever is available (i think!)

Al.

Ok, well I can confirm that I am getting the text messages read out aloud over Bluetooth using my Lumia 620, which runs Windows Phone 8. This should work fine on WP 7/7.8 (as it did on my HTC Titan on my Mondeo) but didn't get a decent chance to fully test...

The future is WP people!! ;)

texts read aloud could be over hands free - with Premium or rSAP, you can read them on the MFD.

i think the reading aloud maybe a "feature" of the phone, rather than the car.

Al.

As newer build years have included the module you now have, it's only worth keeping if you're likely to swap your car for another Superb of a similar build year to your current one. Then you can re-do the swap and have the new module back for the next car. Otherwise, down the tip to the small electronics bin. :)

Ray

texts read aloud could be over hands free - with Premium or rSAP, you can read them on the MFD.

i think the reading aloud maybe a "feature" of the phone, rather than the car.

Al.

Yes, texts read aloud is a Windows Phone feature...not Skoda Superb with rSAP feature.

Like I say, Windows Phone is the future! ;-)

Edited by wawilkinson

Where's the market for it - who would want it?

Ray

Ha, ha...exactly...you can sell anything on eBay...trust me!!

You may only get £1 or £5...but someone will buy it!

Hello All - hope you're well

My love affair with iOS devices is coming to an end after over five years (takes cover).......... I've retired the iPhone5 and am putting a Nexus4 through it's paces as my sole mobile device

Anyone running Android Jellybean 4.2.2 is likely to hit some weird problems getting the phone book to download via bluetooth to the car. I think I've got it working, but needs more testing. Anyway - this link may be of great use to anybody running into this issue

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?can=2&start=0&num=100&q=&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Owner%20Summary%20Stars&groupby=&sort=&id=40198

Has anyone connected a Lumia 610 or 620 to a Superb with an older module for example a 2010 build year car?

Spokne to Skoda and the module has been upgradede twice since I took delivery of my car in November 2010 and the module alone is £800+VAT

I am thinking about upgrading my phone and it would be nice to know that it will connect without any additional expense.

Has anyone connected a Lumia 610 or 620 to a Superb with an older module for example a 2010 build year car?

Spokne to Skoda and the module has been upgradede twice since I took delivery of my car in November 2010 and the module alone is £800+VAT

I am thinking about upgrading my phone and it would be nice to know that it will connect without any additional expense.

Yes, I have a 2010 (July) Superb Estate and the Lumia 620 works perfectly...bluetooth music, phonebook, texts read aloud (WinPhone only)...!! ;o)

Thanks, looks like this will resolve the issues I have with Vodafone, transfer my number to a new provider and make use of their upgrade to a Lumia, might push the boat out to the 620 as a few people have it.

Model Year 2011 (circa end of May 2010 onwards) should have support for both HandsFree and rSAP.

Do NOT pay dealer prices for new module - It's a 2 second job to change and is plug and play.

Al.