rSAP Bluetooth to HandsFree - Sucess!

Hello all,

I have an early 2010 Superb. Following the instructions and advice on this thread I have updated my stock 5n0 035 730 c bluetooth module to a 5k0 035 730 d. Success- bluetooth now works on my iPhone 4 for all telephone related functions. One problem though - A2dp doesn't work - option is there in media - Columbus head unit shows artist/track name when you're playing music on phone, but there is no audio and the slider bar which indicates track position is jumping 2 or 3 seconds per second real time. One thought is that the head unit may need a firmware update or the harness connecting the Bluetooth module to the head unit requires some further connections.

Any thoughts chaps? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Jack

• 2 weeks later...

Silly question time.

How would i find out what Bluetooth Module unit is compatiable with my 2009 VW Passat, currently i only have the oppertunity to connect via rSAP.

thanks for any advice in advance.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2011 Superb. I have to say not 100% certain of BT version numbers etc.

However I have had a new Samsung Galaxy S4 this weekend and everything seems to be operating in premium BT SIM mode without any hassle

a few things I notice

• BT kit does not recognise 4g in the same way it does 3g (with the appropriate icon in the car dash)
  • Text messages are sent and received on the SIM (not sure if that can be changed somehow?), which means you do not automatically see them when you disconnect and go to your phone without manually copying from the SIM.
  • Mobile data mode seems to disable when phone connected to the car - not a big deal I guess unless you expect someone else in the car to be needing to access the internet whilst driving  - I guess for those without a satnav in the car this would mean you could not have the phone connected and use the S4 nav apps.

I don't know if the "hands free" setting in the car BT kit has any major impact on the above, not tried it yet.

S4 details...

• Model: GT-I9505
  • Android v4.2.2
  • Baseband version I9505XXUMAME2
  • Kernel Version 3.4.0-526204
  • Build number JDQ39.I9505XXUAME2
Edited by madfiddler

rSAP stands for Remote Sim Access Protocol. 

This means, the phone is NOT used as a "phone" - the sim card details are read, and the car becomes the phone..

Therefore, the "car" has no need for 4g

Text messages are only on the Sim, as that's all that is accessed

And yes, no data to phone when connected, as it is not connected to any network. - it's shut-down as a phone. 

Hope this helps! 

Al. 

I need some advice please I have read and re read the posts on this thread and have now confused myself (must be a blonde moment) I have a Skoda Superb on a 58 plate with a Columbus system the unit number is 5N0 035 730A what unit do I need to get to enable the bluetooth to work. It's doing my head in not being able to connect any of the phones I have.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Just removed my upgraded bluetooth module from my Superb (May 2010) plate - part number 5KO 035 730 D which adds the bluetooth capability to this model build vehicle. I can confirm it works fine with iPhone 4s for all features with the exception that I could never get it to play music through the car speaker system from the phone.  This was never a problem for me as I just uploaded onto a memory stick and used that instead. A doddle to fit, undo 3 bolts, unclip 2 cables, remove old module and fit new one.  No need to remove seat as the module is fully accessible by moving seat to its furthest position.

First offer of £120 inc special delivery next day postage secures.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just removed my upgraded bluetooth module from my Superb (May 2010) plate - part number 5KO 035 730 D which adds the bluetooth capability to this model build vehicle. I can confirm it works fine with iPhone 4s for all features with the exception that I could never get it to play music through the car speaker system from the phone.  This was never a problem for me as I just uploaded onto a memory stick and used that instead. A doddle to fit, undo 3 bolts, unclip 2 cables, remove old module and fit new one.  No need to remove seat as the module is fully accessible by moving seat to its furthest position.

First offer of £120 inc special delivery next day postage secures.

Can anyone confirm if you can get stereo A2DP working (via iPhone) on on May 2010 plate with an 5K0 035 730 D?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Is anyone with experience of sorting this reading these posts as pinned?

I wondered if this will worke with MY2011 and iPhone 5s;

3C8035730C

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151139473942?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Happy to do the rewiring (thanks to Bagpus/Andy) to get stereo A2DP as have no wires on 4 or 5.

Thanks!

Does anybody know, and who has fitted the 5N0 035 730 D module, if you can switch between Handsfree and rSAP "on the fly" and switch back again when needed. I sometimes like to listen to the Tunein radio app on my Galaxy S3 but obviously can`t because I lose the data connection when connected with rSAP. Both systems work great but only if one or the other is chosen on initial setup.

If the above bluetooth module doesn`t do this, is there another that will do the job.

I currently have the 3C8 035 730 A module which doesn`t have the ability. 

Paramedone, I know this is a long shot as its probably long gone, but do you still have your 5KO 035 730 D module. If so (or not) do you know if it used to have the ability to swap between handsfree and rSAP "on the fly" as per my post above.

Excellent, so there you go folks.

If you've got a Superb, which has rSAP only bluetooth, just replace the unit under the drivers seat, with a 3C8 035 730 A or N0 035 730 D unit, and you will have rSAP, HFP and Music Streaming, with no modifications or coding required, allowing you to use any twenty quid phone, with bluetooth, or even an iPhone with your Superb.

Pick them up on eBay (Search world-wide, as mine was from Portugal) for around £100 + post (ish)

Al.

Excellent, so there you go folks.

If you've got a Superb, which has rSAP only bluetooth, just replace the unit under the drivers seat, with a 3C8 035 730 A or 5N0 035 730 D unit, and you will have rSAP, HFP and Music Streaming, with no modifications or coding required, allowing you to use any twenty quid phone, with bluetooth, or even an iPhone with your Superb.

Pick them up on eBay (Search world-wide, as mine was from Portugal) for around £100 + post (ish)

Al.

Bugger!!

Have accidentally made an Ebay purchase for part number 5K0 035 730 D - Does anyone know if this is a compatible upgrade. How does it differ from the 5N0 035 730 D??

Aarrgh!!

• 1 month later...

Bugger!!

Have accidentally made an Ebay purchase for part number 5K0 035 730 D - Does anyone know if this is a compatible upgrade. How does it differ from the 5N0 035 730 D??

Aarrgh!!

Hi Did you find out if this one was compatable or not - keep looking for  a unit for my superb but cant find any 5n0 ' s ending in D or 3C8's

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just ordered the retrofit kit for my 2011 estate from Car Systems in Poland - fingers crossed!

This is what they recommended: http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-bluetooth-kit-3c8035730c-retrofit,id601.html

Fitted it today; bit of a faff getting the headunit back in with all the cables but it worked straight away!  Used a bit of bicycle brake cable outer as a fish cable to get the mic cable across the headlining and top of the glove box which worked really well!  Now need to resolve the airbag warning light which I guess is because I disconnect the central ight and sort out audio streaming which I'm assuming is the VCDS coding stuff others have referred to.

• 1 month later...

Hi.

Indeed this topic is really detailed and helpful!

However i got confused by the numerous posts..

I own a 09 Superb which has a bolero radio. As i understand my LG Nexus 4 and my wife's LG Optimus L9 II won't connect to the car because my car is fitted with a rsap Bluetooth and our phones don't support connection by rsap..

So the options are: 1) Change our phones - REJECTED -

2) Buy and install an rsap app which might allow our phones to connect to the car. -REJECTED because we need to root our phones and because it looks  tricky -

3) Buy a new Bluetooth module. 

I am in favor of the third option as it is the simpler solution to our problem.

Could someone tell me which of the following Bluetooth modules that i found on this topic will work for me?

5N0 035 730 C

5K0 035 730 C

5N0 035 730 A

5N0 035 730 D

5K0 035 730 D

3C8 035 730 A

3C8 035 730 C

Many thanks.

Marios

Any of the last four offer connection in hands free protocol as well as RSAP and so should work.  You will need maxidot to pair with the 5N0 and 3C8 options but the 5K0 option will pair from the phone.

• 2 weeks later...

All, firstly thanks for the discussions above, but getting a bit confused or nervous about about parting with £100 to £200 for a Bluetooth model that may work or may need programming. I have been searching ebay and Skoda part suppliers (car-systems, etc) some are stating the VCDS is required to program the unit

I am attempting to connect a HTC ONE to my car, with no luck despite Vodafone saying it would. I found the site http://www.android-rsap.com, usefull, but like Sunner above nervous about "Rooting" the phone. I phoned Vodafone tonight and they stated that the warranty would be void and they were prepared to take the phone back as I have just stated a new contract.

Accepting now that I will have to upgrade my Bluetooth unit (under the drivers seat), but currently getting a bit confused after looking on ebay. My current Bluetooth module is ref "5N0 035 730B", could anybody advise a part number for a unit that I will be connect my phone. I don't know of anybody local that has VCDS, so it will have to be "plug and Play" if possible.

My wifes samsung galaxy s4 can connect to my car with the 5N0 035 730B Bluetooth module, so this phone should work with most of the newer cars.

Part numbers found are:
3C8 035 730C
5K00 35730D
5K0 035730G
7P6 035730J
7P60 35730K
5K0 035 740J
3C80 35730D
3C8 035730A

I have already upgraded the firm ware

Thanks in advance

Dougie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, have been a member of the VWAF forums for a while but have just brought a Skoda Superb II 2008 CR 170 DSG Elegance and have joined this forum. I had not been able to connect my iPhone 5 to this car as the Bluetooth module it had was not compatible. It could detect the IPhone but would not connect to it.

Existing module no. 3C8 035 730 (there are no letters after this number)

Upgraded to module no. 5K0 035 730 D

I do not know if this is the correct module that I should have upgraded/downgraded to, but here are the results. The new module did not have the small purple plug (I think this is an Ariel connection - but not 100% sure) anyway unplugged old module and plugged in the replacement one and left the purple plug disconnected. Switched on the car, and after entering the Bluetooth pin on my iPhone 5 the car connected to it straight away. I did not need to use VCDS to recode anything and the hands free telephone in the car works great, I have the phonebook from the iPhone displayed in the car on the Columbus touchscreen and can dial straight from the Columbus screen. Also I have Bluetooth streaming music from my iPhone. I can control the music from the phone i.e select albums etc. as per usual. The car radio works fine and I cannot see what difference their is now the purple plug is not connected, (maybe someone here can tell me what this may affect). The ONLY thing that I have noticed so far is that I can Pause, Play, Move back (track), Move forwards (track) on the Columbus touchscreen when controlling the music on my iPhone but cannot see any options that will allow me to select the album (no probs as I can select it from the phone then control it from the Columbus afterwards) unless anyone can point out what I am missing. Anyway, this is my first post, hi everyone.

• Like 1

Dougie does it connect at all or say phone not compatible?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

It was stating that no compatible phones were found (this was for the HTC One) I have since bought a replacement bluetooth module from "Car-systems" in Poland over their website. This module was easy to fit, 3 bolts and 2 plugs, less than 5 minutes. Phone now connects OK and I now have the options of bluetooth music and the 2 phone system choices (premium (rsap) and standard handsfree). The only issue is that I no longer get the text displayed on the maxidot on the dashboard. I dont know if it is the settings in the car or the phone that needs to change.

Rufus