rSAP Bluetooth to HandsFree - Sucess!

Mine won't connect at all - "uncompatible device" - mine's a 2008 model though, so you might have something more recent and up to date.

Currently I have installed a 3C8 035 730 - can't see a prefix (although link to blurry picture below).

http://i.imgur.com/QmSX8i2.jpg

Sounds like I need to upgrade to the 3C8 035 730 D version.

My Superb II is a 2013 Elegance model

• 3 weeks later...

A question.

When you connect using rsap, it takes the phones 3G. Is ot possible to share the internet connection?

On journeys I would normaly set the wifi hotspot, but with rsap, the phone becomes unuseable, since the car has got the sim.

I looked in the manually, it talks about entering a name in data opton on the phone-settings-data menu option, but not sure ehat that means.

Any ideas?

If it is a 3c8 ... D BT module, then by entering your data APN, you can create a WiFi hotspot which uses your data allowance, and connect to the internet on your phone via that WiFi hotspot, e.g. for satnav or music etc. It effectively allows the SIM to be bypassed so it doesn't matter that you don't have control of the SIM from the phone.

• 4 weeks later...

hi.

i will try ecplain whats wrong. (sorry I'm not uk citizen so my english is poor)

i can't connect my iPhone with bt. iPhone can't find bt but on display shows me it found my iPhone.

every time when i start car it try to connect with last owner phone.i try factory settings in radio and mfd.

i can't get to menu bluetooth coz its not connected.i try to unplug bt module but no change.

how i can remove last user?

• 3 weeks later...

A question.

When you connect using rsap, it takes the phones 3G. Is ot possible to share the internet connection?

On journeys I would normaly set the wifi hotspot, but with rsap, the phone becomes unuseable, since the car has got the sim.

I looked in the manually, it talks about entering a name in data opton on the phone-settings-data menu option, but not sure ehat that means.

Any ideas?

I am facing this same issue with my LG G3 with (currently Android 5 - lollipop - but it was the same with 4.4 etc) and its a real pain, as I can't use the phone for google maps or anything that requires a data connection.  I've tried to switch to 'SIM mode 2' in the maxidot menu but just end up in the same place?  I would happily forgo better call quality (if that's really an rSAP benefit) for the ability to use data on my phone, whilst connected to bluetooth.

I can't see any other options on the phone i.e. for 'handsfree' rather than rSAP either, when connected to the car's bluetooth...

Any thoughts or is this just the way it is with the Columbus/these bluetooth modules?

• Like 1

Excellent News Ray!

Was this with the 5N0 035 730 D Unit? or the same as mine, the 3C8 035 730 A ? - Just so people know either will work emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Al.

Hi  ukcruiser

are you able to set up a wifi hotspot?

if I connect my phone with rsap, I am no longer able to set up a wifi hotspot to share with other passengers?

I see on the menu there is an option to set the DATA, but not sure what that does.

Any ideas?

regards

Max

I have 2013 superb elegance, and HTC ONE (m8)

Hi  ukcruiser

are you able to set up a wifi hotspot?

if I connect my phone with rsap, I am no longer able to set up a wifi hotspot to share with other passengers?

I see on the menu there is an option to set the DATA, but not sure what that does.

Any ideas?

regards

Max

I have 2013 superb elegance, and HTC ONE (m8)

Hi Max, 

Sorry for late reply; not a Superb owner no more so only pop in once in a while...

using rSAP, shuts your phone down, as a phone, and the car becomes the phone, using it's own aerial. - So, would presume that's correct, you can't make a WiFi hotspot, as no data will directly pass through your phone!

Hope that helps

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is not possible. There are two possibilities for a hotspot:

1. Connect via HFP, and use the hotspot function of your phone. This works with almost every phone, but you cannot use the roof-antenna, so your reception is bad, and you're draining your phones' battery.
  2. Connect via rsap to the latest model carkit (3c8 035 730 D), and use the hotspot which is integrated in this carkit. This doesn't work with every phone (although most Android phones can be upgraded with rsap from android-rsap.com), but the connection quality is excellent, both for voice and data.
Edited by andrehj
  • Like 1

MAXP

See below - its from the manuals section on this Web site - its not very comprehensive but to be honest once your in the Maxdot system its pretty easy to configure.

I have an old Blackberry 9800 and that works fine with the cars built in Bluetooth, rsap and WiFi systems.

I find that as soon as the cars wifi is switched on of you do a wifi scan you will soon see a Skoda Wifi and then just punch in the pass code and away you go.

Good luck

Use WLAN network in MAXI DOT display

First read and observe the introductory information in Introduction.

When a Wi-Fi network is switched on, the following menu items are displayed when the Wi-Fi menu item is selected:

• Off - Switch off the WLAN network (depending on the context)

• Device list - Display a list of external devices

• Active device - Display a list of active devices

• Block - Block device connections

• Known devices - Display a list of known devices

• Rename - Rename the device

• Block - Block device connections

• Device blocked - Display of a list of blocked devices

• Unblock - Remove the connection block

• Delete lists - Delete device lists

• Known devices - Delete the list of known devices

• Device blocked - Delete the list of blocked devices

• Both lists - Delete both device lists

• Password - Use of password to log on to the WLAN network

• Show - Display a password to log on to the WLAN network

• Generate - Generate a new password to log on to the WLAN network

• Wi-Fi Name - Use of WLAN network name

• Show - Display the WLAN network name

• Rename - Rename the WLAN network

• WPS config. - Wi-Fi network connection using WPS

• Pushbutton - Automatic connection

• WPS PIN - PIN entry for the connection

• Data counter - Display information about the volume of data transferred

• Current Connection - display of the volume of data transferred for the current connection

• Total - Display of the total volume of data transferred

• Reset - Resetting of the information about the volume of data transferred

• Settings - WLAN network settings

• Access point - Access point settings

• Settings - Access point management

• APN - Change the access point name

• User name - User Name

• Password - Password

• Reset - Reset access point factory settings

• Prioritisation - Set the connection priority

• Calls - Set the connection priority for calls

• Data - Set the connection priority for data transfer

• Encryption- Set the encryption

• WPA2 - Enable WPA 2 encryption

• Open - No encryption

• Visibility - Set the WLAN network visibility

• Visible - WLAN network is visible to other devices

• Invisible - WLAN network is not visible to other devices

• Data roaming - Set the data roaming

• No roaming - Data roaming is not allowed

• Allow - Data roaming is allowed

• Always ask - Question setting for data roaming

• Wi-Fi Channel - Select WLAN network channels (preferably set to channel 11)

• Channel 1 ... Channel 11 - Display the WLAN network channels

• Reset - Reset Wi-Fi network factory settings

• Like 1

Another happy IPhone 5s user thanks to this thread.

Car

2010 4x4 170hp Superb estate

Old Module Installed:

5NO 035 730 C

Replaced with:

5KO 035 730 D

Cost: £61

Phone works perfectly...

Another happy IPhone 5s user thanks to this thread.

Car

2010 4x4 170hp Superb estate

Old Module Installed:

5NO 035 730 C

Replaced with:

5KO 035 730 D

Cost: £61

Phone works perfectly...

Sounds good, where did you get your replacement module from?

That immortal Ebay....

Just did a search looking for 5NO 035 730 D

Got it 3 days later.

Really glad I spent the money to do this, the phone works great on the steering wheel & maxidot. 

That is not possible. There are two possibilities for a hotspot:

1. Connect via HFP, and use the hotspot function of your phone. This works with almost every phone, but you cannot use the roof-antenna, so your reception is bad, and you're draining your phones' battery.
  2. Connect via rsap to the latest model carkit (3c8 035 730 D), and use the hotspot which is integrated in this carkit. This doesn't work with every phone (although most Android phones can be upgraded with rsap from android-rsap.com), but the connection quality is excellent, both for voice and data.

I have to correct my own post: I found out yesterday that the E revision is already out (3C8 035 730 E), and can be found on the German Ebay for around 120 euro's, which is not too much.

Yesterday I swapped in a 3C8 unit into my Dad's 2010 V6. Works a treat. Straight forward changeover. An idiot could do it!

Got mine from Germany. Parts seller called Happy Parts. Worked out about £94 delivered. Very pleased.

Thanks to those that took the time to document this upgrade.

I have to correct my own post: I found out yesterday that the E revision is already out (3C8 035 730 E), and can be found on the German Ebay for around 120 euro's, which is not too much.

Is there any advantage to the E variant over the A? Features, speed or otherwise? Thanks.

Yes, definitely. Only the 3C8 035 730 D and E have a Wifi hotspot (when a phone is connected via rsap), and also bluetooth audio streaming has been improved (with working steering wheel buttons, and titles on screen of the Amundsen/Columbus). About 18 months ago I upgraded from a 3C8 035 730 B to a D version, and also found out the bluetooth pairing is now much easier.

And there is something with 3G. The older units don't support a 3G connection, but I don't know since which unit version 3G support has been added.

Edited by andrehj
  • Like 1

OK, so a got a 5K0 D module and all works fine with iPhone 5S, bar the right side audio only A2DP, so I plan to add the wires as per the posts on page 3 of the thread. Anyone else had success with doing this?

I note that my old module (5NO A) had a purple connector in addition to the main bigger connector. My new module doesn't have a socket for this purple connector. Is that an issue?

So, I decided to have a go at the wiring for the new BT module (3C8 035 730 D), since I only had sound in right channel.

Ordered this cable: VW A2DP Bluetooth Audio Stream - Upgrade (http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-a2dp-bluetooth-audio-stream-upgrade,id248.html)

Delivered in 5 days, I spent a couple of hours fitting it.

The instructions from the vendor was descriptive, but it was still quite a difficult and fiddly job to perform.

After removing the audio unit, the cable connectors were a really thight fit into the cable holder.

I removed the side of the dashboard (on passenger side), and inserted a wire clothes hanger behind the dashboard and into the audio unit bay, taped the cable to the wire and pulled it though.

Next step was to insert wire hanger into the cable gate in the floor (by the BT module) until I could see the end by the dashboard and the cars A-post.

Taped the cable to the wire again and  pulled it through.

Connected the wires as instructed in the manual, and reassembled everything.

Now my Galaxy S4 (and my wifes iPhone) can stream BT audio with stereo sound!

(Sorry that I don't have any pictures or video of the installation. That thought came to me after I was finished)

Anyone else had experience of using this cable rather than soldering (I don't) have a solder so would be similar price to doing Bagpus's idea on pg3.