How to repair ESP/ABS fault with VAG repair kit

• 1 month later...

Hi! Thanks for a great forum.

I have a problem with my wife's Octavia Mk2 2008. The ABS unit was replaced about 16 months ago after the same problems as the rest of this forum. Now the ABS, Traction and flashing Dis warning light are back on. The ABS unit is ok (tested) and gets sufficient power and the magnetic sensors on the hubs are ok. Have even changed the thing (whatever it's called?) in the steering wheel.

Any hints as to what I can do next? Can the Brake light switch effect this? I also read something about checking the CAN BUSS? 

This english Forum seems to have a lot more info than our Swedish equivalent. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've had my 2006 octavia vrs tfsi on the computer today and apparently it's a pressure sensor switch, which sounds like this is relevant to the thread, I've bought a repair kit from ebay, not only did the seller confirm it would fit my car but also told me it was overdue a recall reference a coil pack.

So to stop waffling is this quite an easy fix?

Is it really as simple as it reads?

What I don't want to do is strip the part refit the repair pack and then be left with no brakes meaning I can't get it to a garage, I'm a mechanic in the army but I normally only touch air brakes.

James

• 2 months later...

Hi guys

I am in trouble with my 2010 Skoda Octavia 1.8Tsi lift back.

I am in need of big help and advice

I took it to service (ultra tune) and gave them correct oil and filter.

They did the servicing for 70000 km.

All filters,new oil, flush brake fluids.

My car started to fall a part since then.

Engine didn't sound good for two weeks. I popped the bonnet up and realised they haven't used my filter, they used 0 20 filter, I am guessing they haven't even used my oil either and used wrong grade oil.

I went to ultra tune again and complained about engine sound which was not as quite as before and the rattling when I needed more power from my car, specially up hill with aircon.

The guy from ultra tune did a test drive and said it is gear box. I didn't believe him, because when I was not driving I still got same rattle time to time.

After came from their work shop I popped the Bonnet and check the oil level (after an hour), guess what, oil level was at min after two weeks and only drove 1000 km. This is the reason I am thinking that they used wrong oil(very fine)

After adding some correct oil, engine started to sound better.

Story hasn't finished yet more trouble coming.

I was at my mates place to pick up some furniture at night time. I left head lights on and when I was ready to head back home, battery was flat.

I tried to make sure that I have good contact at battery poles so I disconnected the battery and connected again.

RACQ came and did jump star. Everything was okay. Went home.

After 3 days later, I have changed daylight drving bulbs and tried not to left head lights on to much.

Everything was okay after replaced the bulb and I drove 5 min to a coffee place stayed there 1 hour. Drove back home.

After staying home for 30 min. I tried to drive my car out.

I stared the engine, I was reversing and pushed the brake and car went off.

Since then I have a warning on my driver computer , saying ESP FAULT.

When ever I tried to start the engine I can hear starter is trying but no firing

All the fuses are okay checked them.

My driveway has a slight tilt and when engine went off I think I didn't have enough fuel. Because when I was reversing I pushed the brake and I tought fuel went other way in the tank.

I quickly went and got some fuel and tried to start the engine again but no luck

When I switch the ignition on ESP FAULT becomes ESP/ABS FAULT

Then I called road side assistances.

Ultra Tune came and tried to start the car with jump start no hope.

I tought ultra tune guy was bit rushing maybe I should try RACQ and I called RACQ next day .

RACQ came and tried with jup start no hope and guy tried some spray from filter and engines started bit but didn't continue. Before he left, he reckoned that my fuel pump is dead and I need tow my car to machanic.

I am very worried, I red to much stuff on the net and normally machanics are trying to replace everything because you will have to pay for it, whether parts are needed to be change or just tune the software.

I need some advise

Is there any quick fix that I can try or any decent reliable and honest place to get my car to be looked after

Sorry for long story I really need help.

Hi guys

Engine didn't sound good for two weeks. I popped the bonnet up and realised they haven't used my filter, they used 0 20 filter, I am guessing they haven't even used my oil either and used wrong grade oil.

I went to ultra tune again and complained about engine sound which was not as quite as before and the rattling when I needed more power from my car, specially up hill with aircon.

The guy from ultra tune did a test drive and said it is gear box. I didn't believe him, because when I was not driving I still got same rattle time to time.

After came from their work shop I popped the Bonnet and check the oil level (after an hour), guess what, oil level was at min after two weeks and only drove 1000 km. This is the reason I am thinking that they used wrong oil(very fine)

I was at my mates place to pick up some furniture at night time. I left head lights on and when I was ready to head back home, battery was flat.

I tried to make sure that I have good contact at battery poles so I disconnected the battery and connected again.

After 3 days later, I have changed daylight drving bulbs and tried not to left head lights on to much.

Everything was okay after replaced the bulb and I drove 5 min to a coffee place stayed there 1 hour. Drove back home.

When ever I tried to start the engine I can hear starter is trying but no firing

My driveway has a slight tilt and when engine went off I think I didn't have enough fuel. Because when I was reversing I pushed the brake and I tought fuel went other way in the tank.

I quickly went and got some fuel and tried to start the engine again but no luck

I tought ultra tune guy was bit rushing maybe I should try RACQ and I called RACQ next day .

RACQ came and tried with jup start no hope and guy tried some spray from filter and engines started bit but didn't continue. Before he left, he reckoned that my fuel pump is dead and I need tow my car to machanic.

I am very worried, I red to much stuff on the net and normally machanics are trying to replace everything because you will have to pay for it, whether parts are needed to be change or just tune the software.

I need some advise

Is there any quick fix that I can try or any decent reliable and honest place to get my car to be looked after

Hi guys

I need some advise

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Apologies for cutting in, would this repair kit work on a 1.6fsi mk5 VW Golf from 2006? 

The ESP light is permanently on in the Golf, with the dash warning light having been blanked out using vagcom or vcds. Car drives fine. Mechanic looking after it advised that the light stayed on as it was the abs module that needed replacing, is that the same thing? He reckoned the part was over a thousand pounds to buy hence the blanking out of dash light and ESP light by the gear stick stuck on all the time. I would be keen to use this repair kit if it indeed worked on the Golf as I want the car the way it should be.

?

Are these different from the ones that are part of a VW Group / Skoda Secret Service Service Campaign Recall actions.

Only those that need to know get told and that is not owners of the car.

Sorry if that is just about some other models, always hard to know when Recalls are often not subject to a 'Recall', ie no Recall,

just lucky if you find out, why would dealership or manufacturers tell you.

Edited by AwaoffSki

• 5 months later...

I have this problem on my A3 2005, but I’m not getting an esp light on the dash either at startup or any other time. Just bought the car. Could someone have removed the bulb? Also when I checked the service history the abs block was replaced some years ago by an Indy. So I checked the G201 and it’s at about -12 bar and doesn’t change when I press the brake pedal. Has the Indy not done the coding for the new block maybe or basic setting?

• 1 year later...