#1 tomsuperb

tomsuperb

Finding my Feet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 20:42

Hello

I have an 06 superb with the old style dx navi built in. It is fine for my needs but would like to put an aux input on for my mp3 player. I want to keep the cd changer and I dont have an ipod so dont need the all singing all dancing control stuff. I have read about the 10 pin aux adaptor and I can see my unit has an aux option on the display. Does anyone know which is the lead I require,can I buy one that does video and audio in case I want to connect a ps2? I have read about some Dietz things but cant find them, I have seen this but dont know if its the correct one.

http://www.caraudiod...roducts_id=9995

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tom

ps is anyone breaking an elegance model I need the rear ashtray with wood trim!!!

#2 Sinclair

Sinclair

Briskodian

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Car:Superb Elegance Combi F/L 2.0CR 170 TDi 4x4 DSG

Posted 21 February 2011 - 21:41

that looks like the one I got for my car. Just added a lead to convert to 3.5 mm jack plug.

#3 tomsuperb

tomsuperb

Finding my Feet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 21:50

that looks like the one I got for my car. Just added a lead to convert to 3.5 mm jack plug.

sounds good, did you get it from the same place and does it work ok? have seen a picture with a square for the dash with aux wrote on but dont know what its off!!

cheers
Tom

#4 Nackuk

Nackuk

Briskodian

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 21:51

Hello

I have an 06 superb with the old style dx navi built in. It is fine for my needs but would like to put an aux input on for my mp3 player. I want to keep the cd changer and I dont have an ipod so dont need the all singing all dancing control stuff. I have read about the 10 pin aux adaptor and I can see my unit has an aux option on the display. Does anyone know which is the lead I require,can I buy one that does video and audio in case I want to connect a ps2? I have read about some Dietz things but cant find them, I have seen this but dont know if its the correct one.

http://www.caraudiod...roducts_id=9995

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tom

ps is anyone breaking an elegance model I need the rear ashtray with wood trim!!!

If you want video / PS2 connection you need one of these black boxes for MDF. Dietz don't do one anymore I believe.

ebay link

If you just want sound then the cheap lead you found should do.

Edited by Nackuk, 21 February 2011 - 21:51.

#5 tomsuperb

tomsuperb

Finding my Feet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 22:08

If you want video / PS2 connection you need one of these black boxes for MDF. Dietz don't do one anymore I believe.

ebay link

If you just want sound then the cheap lead you found should do.

think i'll just buy the lead and find a socket to fit into the spare switch in the dash! will get some headrest dvd's for the back for tv etc.

#6 VRSPhil

VRSPhil

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 00:10

Hello

I got the aux socket from a mk2 octy and fitted it into the top left blank on the dash. I think there are pics somewhere on the site.

Edited by VRSPhil, 22 February 2011 - 00:10.

#7 Sinclair

Sinclair

Briskodian

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:34

sounds good, did you get it from the same place and does it work ok? have seen a picture with a square for the dash with aux wrote on but dont know what its off!!

cheers
Tom

I don't know if it was the same place as it has been fitted for a couple of years. I have had no problems with it.

#8 tomsuperb

tomsuperb

Finding my Feet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 00:01

I don't know if it was the same place as it has been fitted for a couple of years. I have had no problems with it.

anyone know which mk2 octavia models have the aux port?

#9 Sinclair

Sinclair

Briskodian

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:36

I don't have a socket on the dash ,just a lead coming out beside the driver's seat. I did mean to fit a socket once I tested it, but, never got round to it.

0 User(s) reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users