superb dx navi aux input

tomsuperb

Hello

I have an 06 superb with the old style dx navi built in. It is fine for my needs but would like to put an aux input on for my mp3 player. I want to keep the cd changer and I dont have an ipod so dont need the all singing all dancing control stuff. I have read about the 10 pin aux adaptor and I can see my unit has an aux option on the display. Does anyone know which is the lead I require,can I buy one that does video and audio in case I want to connect a ps2? I have read about some Dietz things but cant find them, I have seen this but dont know if its the correct one.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=9995

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tom

ps is anyone breaking an elegance model I need the rear ashtray with wood trim!!!

that looks like the one I got for my car. Just added a lead to convert to 3.5 mm jack plug.

sounds good, did you get it from the same place and does it work ok? have seen a picture with a square for the dash with aux wrote on but dont know what its off!!

cheers

Tom

Hello

I have an 06 superb with the old style dx navi built in. It is fine for my needs but would like to put an aux input on for my mp3 player. I want to keep the cd changer and I dont have an ipod so dont need the all singing all dancing control stuff. I have read about the 10 pin aux adaptor and I can see my unit has an aux option on the display. Does anyone know which is the lead I require,can I buy one that does video and audio in case I want to connect a ps2? I have read about some Dietz things but cant find them, I have seen this but dont know if its the correct one.

http://www.caraudiod...roducts_id=9995

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tom

ps is anyone breaking an elegance model I need the rear ashtray with wood trim!!!

If you want video / PS2 connection you need one of these black boxes for MDF. Dietz don't do one anymore I believe.

ebay link

If you just want sound then the cheap lead you found should do.

Edited by Nackuk

If you want video / PS2 connection you need one of these black boxes for MDF. Dietz don't do one anymore I believe.

ebay link

If you just want sound then the cheap lead you found should do.

think i'll just buy the lead and find a socket to fit into the spare switch in the dash! will get some headrest dvd's for the back for tv etc.

sounds good, did you get it from the same place and does it work ok? have seen a picture with a square for the dash with aux wrote on but dont know what its off!!

cheers

Tom

I don't know if it was the same place as it has been fitted for a couple of years. I have had no problems with it.