Had some VCDS changes done this morning!

Thanks to Martin on here I've had a few goodies changed on my car this morning:

I now have a huge MPH display in the Maxidot. Perfect for that invisible 30 and 70 markings.

1. My needles sweep when I start the car.

2. My DRLs switch off on the side that my indicator is flashing on.

3. My Xenons no longer come on as coming home/leaving home lights. My fogs now do that job.

We set the cruise control display to active as well but as per a Superb it did not work on my car for some reason.

Thank you very much Martin!

I'm only on my iPhone so will upload a video to YouTube later and some pics.

• Like 1

Video doesn't work for me.

This video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings.

Stewart

I thought as much. It is privacy settings. It just showed the needle sweep and the big MPH markings. I'll do it to YouTube later.

We set the cruise control display to active as well but as per a Superb it did not work on my car for some reason.

Mine done the same,thoght it was because I hadn't saved the setting but still comes up as active....strange!

How did you get it to display MPH in the digital readout? Did you tell the maxi-dot that it was a German car or something so it thinks the clocks are reading kph.

Nearly, I set the country to Australia (17-Instruments), you then need to go back into the maxi-dot menu:

SETTINGS

Units,

"Consu/distance" change this back to mpg (GB), mi (as it defaults to 1/100km, km),

then

SETTINGS

"MFD data" and make sure the box for Digit.speed is ticked

We also went to

SETTINGS

and unticked the "ALT.speed dis." box (this will remove the KPH speed and replace it with the outside temp display)

HTH

There are useful changes here from my perspective - Needle sweep, fogs for coming home/leaving lights and the cruise control speed set if supported (which my SM might as it's a build week 4 so is likely to have latest firmware (I do not collect it until Tuesday)). Plus I live in North Kent so not too far for me travel down if you're up for it Gizmo?

There are useful changes here from my perspective - Needle sweep, fogs for coming home/leaving lights and the cruise control speed set if supported (which my SM might as it's a build week 4 so is likely to have latest firmware (I do not collect it until Tuesday)). Plus I live in North Kent so not too far for me travel down if you're up for it Gizmo?

GazzaC i notice you currently drive a quashqui or however its spelt, lol. when looking for our next car we wittled it down to the the yeti and the one you have, what are the things you think are better about the yeti over your current car?

EDIT: its gone where it said you had one now, i did see it didnt i?

Edited by w4rn3r

GazzaC i notice you currently drive a quashqui or however its spelt, lol. when looking for our next car we wittled it down to the the yeti and the one you have, what are the things you think are better about the yeti over your current car?

Haha..just removed the cashcow from my signature :giggle: (whilst you were typing it seems!) The biggest single difference is that it's such an enjoyable experience driving the SM (even on a test drive), as has been said before the Yeti puts a smile on your face. The Qashqai is simply not a drivers car by a long way - you sit in it and drive it somewhere but do not expect it to be a satisfying experience. When I bought the QQ the Yeti was not around, had I tested them back to back it would have been the Yeti hands down.

On a more practical front the Yeti provides far greater visibility all round - the QQ is quite claustrophobic in the back - more rear legroom in the Yeti too. The QQ has a marginally longer boot which I thought I wanted but actually never used. The QQ rear seats do not fold flat which can be a pain, unlike the SM of course!. Mine was a petrol engine 2.0 which was wonderfully smooth & quiet but actually a bit gutless. I am a member of the QQ forum also and the two diesels (renault sourced) were a constant source of concern - especially DPF issues. I think those issues may now be OK but Renault diesels (at least in the QQ) are not known for problem free motoring!

In short if your want to enjoy your driving then it must be the Yeti assuming everything else such a space etc fits for you. If you sit in the 'happy with anything that gets me from A to B' pond then the QQ will serve you well. Hope that helps!

Edited by GazzaC

thats good to know because i would have been wondering if id made the right choice everytime i saw a nissan QQ beside me, but since you've pointed out it diesels are derived from renault engines, im glad i didnt choose the QQ as i hate renault with a passion i had a 1.5 diesel scenic a few years back and it was brand new but spent a good portion of the 3 years of my ownership in the garage with either electrical problems regarding the immobiliser or engine problems. thanks so much for that GazzaC

Edited by w4rn3r

Sure no problems, give a PM when you have the car, Wednesday's and Saturday's are normally good for me :thumbup:

Can you change speed display to km/h via maxidot now for when you are abroad?

Mike

Yes. You deactivate this by ticking "ALT.speed dis." in the Maxidot & the small km/h speed shows where the temperature is shown now. See post number 7 above where Martin explained this at the bottom.

Edited by 900000

Have now finally used the car in darkness as well. The fogs as coming home lights of course do not throw as much light as the Xenons BUT they fade in and out and don't instantly burst into action like the Xenons. I love that. Just like the rear lights and number plate lights do when you the coming/leaving home lights work the fogs do the same now gently fading in and out. AND I don't feel as if I am wasting my Xenons firing them up so often. And I don't think people will keep telling you you left your lights on as much. Who knows...

LOVE the big MPH display. That pesky invisible 30mph marking is now a thing of the past. I also LOVE the needle sweep. Especially at night. If you look closely at the video the marking lights all switch off, then the lit needle tips do their sweep and only then the marking lights come back on. I know it does not do anything but since a Superb does this as standard I see no point why a Yeti can't do it too. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

I saw the DRL going out on the indicator side too in a car's boot reflection. Perhaps not the most useful thing since unlike on an Audi where the DRLs are soooo bright and right next to the indicators on the Yeti they are far enough apart. But I ticked it and for now that is what it will do. So when I use my indicators in the daytime now I will have only one DRL staring at people! hehehe It looks a bit weird but hey ho. I can always change it back one day!

Hi,

Could someone please give the menu steps for enabling coming/leaving home lights plus the option of switching to using the fogs instead of the headlights...

Many thanks...

johann how much did it cost you to have all these things done? and what does DRL stand for? lol

A bottle of wine and a little Å koda present I got Martin from eBay. He does not charge. :rofl: Which is VERY nice of him consedering the cost of the cable in the first place.

A bottle of wine and a little Škoda present I got Martin from eBay. He does not charge. :rofl: Which is VERY nice of him consedering the cost of the cable in the first place.

Wow thats good of him, i wish i lived nearer to the big smoke as i would like one or two of those improvements done aswell when i actually take delivery of my yeti.

Wow thats good of him, i wish i lived nearer to the big smoke as i would like one or two of those improvements done aswell when i actually take delivery of my yeti.

Plenty of members who will help on the Forum, just look in the VCDS/Vag com section on front page.

Mike