Had some VCDS changes done this morning!

Plenty of members who will help on the Forum, just look in the VCDS/Vag com section on front page.

Mike

Thanks for that Mike, I'll make sure i stop by there and have a look once ive run the yeti in a little bit, ;)

That pesky invisible 30mph marking is now a thing of the past.

You know, until you mentioned it I hadn't even noticed that the speedo is only marked in multiples of 20mph. (And no, that's not because I never bother looking at the speedo!)

Well I had the speed added, the staging, the fogs instead of xenons for coming home/leaving home and the MFD changed to 109% for the fuel consumption......The car is nowhere near as economical nowemoticon-0140-rofl.gif, but it is giving a fairly accurate figure nowemoticon-0136-giggle.gif and the flappy paddles activated.

Mike

Edited by rockhopper

• 1 month later...

Nearly, I set the country to Australia (17-Instruments), you then need to go back into the maxi-dot menu:

SETTINGS

Units,

"Consu/distance" change this back to mpg (GB), mi (as it defaults to 1/100km, km),

then

SETTINGS

"MFD data" and make sure the box for Digit.speed is ticked

We also went to

SETTINGS

and unticked the "ALT.speed dis." box (this will remove the KPH speed and replace it with the outside temp display)

HTH

I am trying to apply the changes described above to my 2011 Octavia Scout with Maxidot but cannot find any setting which allows me to select the country. Should I be able to apply these changes to a 2011 model scout and if so how do I select the country?

Edited by dearmasr

I am trying to apply the changes described above to my 2011 Octavia Scout with Maxidot but cannot find any setting which allows me to select the country. Should I be able to apply these changes to a 2011 model scout and if so how do I select the country?

You are trying to do this via VCDS I assume?

Thanks to Martin on here I've had a few goodies changed on my car this morning:

I now have a huge MPH display in the Maxidot. Perfect for that invisible 30 and 70 markings.

My needles sweep when I start the car.

My DRLs switch off on the side that my indicator is flashing on.

My Xenons no longer come on as coming home/leaving home lights. My fogs now do that job.

We set the cruise control display to active as well but as per a Superb it did not work on my car for some reason.

Thank you very much Martin!

I'm only iPhone so will upload a video to YouTube later and some pics.

I also now have a huge MPH display in the maxidot,needle sweep and fogs as coming/leaving home instead of xenons.

Thanks to Johann for this post.

And thanks to member Andymod for installing these via VCDS.

You are trying to do this via VCDS I assume?

No, I am new to this forum and wanted to know how to apply these changes.

Is VCDS a dealer only diagnostic tool?

No, I am new to this forum and wanted to know how to apply these changes.

Is VCDS a dealer only diagnostic tool?

No. It is a user operated windows program. Purchased from Ross Tech in USA. You need a lead to plug into the OBD port. Check the VCDS section on the forum home page. You can find people with VCDS or VAG COM it it sometimes called, close to where you live.

I also now have a huge MPH display in the maxidot,needle sweep and fogs as coming/leaving home instead of xenons.

Glad i could help, Hope i didnt talk for too long once i get going i dont know when to stop

• 2 months later...

The needle sweep amuses me EVERY single time I start the car especially at night.

I've now asked Martin to disable number 2 in the first post as the Yeti's DRLs are so far from the indicators that they don't have enough glare around them to obscure the indicators. And in the day it looked weird when the you started to indicate and the one DRL instantly died. Not faded as per the cornering fogs but went on and off like a high beam flash. So I decided this WILL confuse our lesser able drivers we share the roads with! :rofl:

Thanks to Martin on here I've had a few goodies changed on my car this morning:

I now have a huge MPH display in the Maxidot. Perfect for that invisible 30 and 70 markings.

1. My needles sweep when I start the car.

2. My DRLs switch off on the side that my indicator is flashing on.

3. My Xenons no longer come on as coming home/leaving home lights. My fogs now do that job.

We set the cruise control display to active as well but as per a Superb it did not work on my car for some reason.

Thank you very much Martin!

I'm only on my iPhone so will upload a video to YouTube later and some pics.

O.K. the needle sweep is on my to do list,but does the big MPH page replace another, or is it a new page on the maxidot in it's own right ?:smirk:

O.K. the needle sweep is on my to do list,but does the big MPH page replace another, or is it a new page on the maxidot in it's own right ?:smirk:

It is just an extra "page" in the Maxidot yes.

• 1 month later...

Great isn't it.

Enjoy driving your new monster.

Monster is tucked up in the garage until Hurricane Katia's leftovers pass by!! I lost an Octavia to a falling tree 6 years back. I was lucky ot get out in one piece so I'm not taking chances (it was the same colour as the yeti!) :S

• 1 month later...

The instructions for setting up the large MPH are great, but can someone post how to do the needle sweep and the fogs instead of xenons for coming/leaving home please? It seems straight forward with the right gear.

Or maybe I'm blind and the details are here somewhere..... point me to the post if there is one.. Thanks

Edited by Geja

Nearly, I set the country to Australia (17-Instruments), you then need to go back into the maxi-dot menu:

SETTINGS

Units,

"Consu/distance" change this back to mpg (GB), mi (as it defaults to 1/100km, km),

then

SETTINGS

"MFD data" and make sure the box for Digit.speed is ticked

We also went to

SETTINGS

and unticked the "ALT.speed dis." box (this will remove the KPH speed and replace it with the outside temp display)

HTH

Ok, think I've found good instructions for NEEDLE SWEEP and LARGE MPH but still can't find how to stop my Xenons coming on as coming home/leaving home lights and use my fogs to do that job. Appreciate instructions please!

Edited by Geja

Thanks Johann, sadly it seems the instructions to change coming home/leaving home lights from xenons to fogs isn't there. I'm fine with the other two changes (I hope)..... but not xenons to fogs! Think they must be around but can't find them!

Thanks Johann, sadly it seems the instructions to change coming home/leaving home lights from xenons to fogs isn't there. I'm fine with the other two changes (I hope)..... but not xenons to fogs! Think they must be around but can't find them!

Ah. Just PM Gizmo68 then. He knows how.

The instructions for setting up the large MPH are great, but can someone post how to do the needle sweep and the fogs instead of xenons for coming/leaving home please? It seems straight forward with the right gear.

Or maybe I'm blind and the details are here somewhere..... point me to the post if there is one.. Thanks

Try this:

09-Cent. Elect. - Coding 07 - Long Coding Helper - then under Byte 17, bit 3 - Xenon Headlights with Shutter without additional High Beam installed

09-Cent.%20Elect.%20-%20Coding%2007%20-%20Long%20coding%20-%20then%20under%20Byte%2017%2C%20bit%203%20-%20Xenon%20Headlights%20with%20Shutter%20without%20additional%20High%20Beam%20installed.jpg

Use this information at your own risk. Credit where credit is due.

Ah. Just PM Gizmo68 then. He knows how.

From memory it's under 09 - Central Elect. then under Byte 17 IIRC

It will be obvious when you see it :thumbup: