Had some VCDS changes done this morning!

WOW am I exhausted!! Wanted to make vcds changes looking for someone reasonably local to Durham. Thanks to Domhnall and his near neighbour for their offers... I came close to heading north!

I did manage to find a local lad but unfortunately his lead was Chinese and wouldn't work fully.... think it was the CAN BUS???!!!

He gave me a link to a lad in Newcastle (sadly similar lead from China) but he linked me to an administrator at Dubsnortheast who lives 15minutes away and has a VAGCOM genuine!!

We spent some time this afternoon making changes.....though in my naivity I was looking to find Byte 17 IIRC...fortunately my new vagcom best friend spotted If I Remember Correctly!! :doh:

I now have the staging and the large MPH..... loving them both, thanks to all who are involved.

NOW, we tried changing the xenons to fogs for coming/leaving home. Not so easy. We got close,

09 central electric

07 coding

Bit 3

then got lost.

Tried ticking 'enable fogs for coming/leaving home' and playing with the 'xenon headlights with shutternwithout additional highbeam installed' ticked. Exit. Do It.

Couldn't get them to come on. BUT think we need to do this part again in the dark so the light sensor click in!!

Almost there but not quite. (above from memory). Anyone able to complete the instructions? Maybe we got it right but need darkness?

Thanks again.

STILL LOVING NEEDLE SWEEP and LARGE DIGI MPH.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Just taken delivery of new Yeti last week - 2.0 TDI DSG 4x4 and like others here would like the mph showing, would love to have the sweeping needle, and wouldn't say no to the fogs for coming/leaving home lights instead of xenons.

I am in Leicester - had a look at the VCDS map but Hauptmann hasn't been active for quite a while now - can anyone else help me please.

Desperately hoping....

btw car is absolutely gorgeous and blowing my mind!!!

To be more accurate: if you have front fog lights do require any other option to have 'cornering fog lights' enabled?

I got it into my head that you had to pay extra for cornering fogs?

No it's a coding thing only.

I have coded this on a few cars who's owners had been told by the dealer that it was not possible on their car!

No it's a coding thing only.

I have coded this on a few cars who's owners had been told by the dealer that it was not possible on their car!

Exactly what I was told by a dealer.

Think it took 5 minutes for my local bod to do it.

I'm sure someone has done it, but is there a complete list of changes able to be done via VCDS? and any comprises that changes may invoke?

There's been a few things that have interested me mentioned on here, but feel that there would be so many more.

If i decide to get anything done, i may send you a line Gizmo68, Thanet is not far from you!

I'm sure someone has done it, but is there a complete list of changes able to be done via VCDS? and any comprises that changes may invoke?

There's been a few things that have interested me mentioned on here, but feel that there would be so many more.

Here is a start, there may be some I have missed:

Cornering Fogs

Fogs instead of Xenons for Leaving / Coming Home

Large MPH Display in Maxidot

Staging (needle sweep upon ignition on)

Seatbelt warning

Telephone Connection beep (turn off)

Changes that can be made via the Maxidot (where fitted, if not then VCDS can do them):

Selective Locking

Anti Hi-Jack

Alarm chirp confirmation when locking / unlocking car

If i decide to get anything done, i may send you a line Gizmo68, Thanet is not far from you!

Not a problem, as you say Thanet is not far at all :thumbup:

Ohh and coming/leaving home can also be enabled if the car has a rain /light sensor fitted in the mirror unit

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

If you set the large MPH function via VCDS can kph still be selected / read via Maxidot or is MPH display now permanent. (driving in Europe)

Del

If you set the large MPH function via VCDS can kph still be selected / read via Maxidot or is MPH display now permanent. (driving in Europe)

Del

Yes it can. As Gizmo68 said in post 7 above, tick that and voila the big mph menu disappears and the tiny kmh menu appears where the temperature is (when big mph is on).

Yes it can. You untick a box in the menu (Gizmo68) listed it above somewhere I'm sure and voila the big mph menu disappears and the tiny kmh menu appears where the temperature is (when big mph is on).

Excellent, that was something that i have thought about, but didn't want to lose kph for euro trips, headlight washers and fog lights as coming/leaving home, which at the moment i have disabled. Do the fog lights corner???

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I followed Merlinman's advice and contacted Jonny5ive but I don't think he can do it at present due to work & other commitments. Is there anyone else out there in or around Leicester with VCDS to some tweeks for me please? Or someone who can contact Jonny5ive and ask him to reply please.

Thanks in advance for the help

Ohh and coming/leaving home can also be enabled if the car has a rain /light sensor fitted in the mirror unit

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

You are saying that eventhough my Yeti does not have a maxidot, but is equipped with a rain sensor, I am able to enable the coming/leaving home lights?!

You are saying that eventhough my Yeti does not have a maxidot, but is equipped with a rain sensor, I am able to enable the coming/leaving home lights?!

I reckon so, I have enabled it on a a couple of Octavias and since they are essentially the same car......

Yes it can. As Gizmo68 said in post 7 above, tick that and voila the big mph menu disappears and the tiny kmh menu appears where the temperature is (when big mph is on).

I guess you will have to do this come MOT time as my understanding is that all new cars in the UK have to have a means of telling the speed in MPH and KPH as a legal requirement.