Had some VCDS changes done this morning!

:kiss: :kiss: You know how many times I've wanted to use that website on here but resisted!!!!! heheheh 10 out of 10! hehehe (would have been better if you had embeded it behind "Click here for answer" though. :giggle: (use the chain buton above the compose window).

:kiss: :kiss: You know how many times I've wanted to use that website on here but resisted!!!!! heheheh 10 out of 10! hehehe (would have been better if you had embeded it behind "Click here for answer" though. :giggle: (use the chain buton above the compose window).

someone did it to me yesterday, I thought it was a classic. Tried your suggestion but it never worked

My thanks to Domhnall, a true Gent, for VCDS changes made today:

Fogs instead of Xenons for Leaving / Coming Home

Large MPH Display in Maxidot

Staging (needle sweep upon ignition on)

Seatbelt warning (turn off)

Telephone Connection beep (turn off)

One-touch (comfort) indicators from 3 to 5 flashes

Hazard lights on for emergency braking

Headlight wash frequency changed from 4 to 10 sweeps

Heated rear winscreen & mirrors setting changed from 10 to 15 mins

WANT! :(

Edited by carnivorous

AAAAAaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh &^$%£"

we may be heading down South on holiday this year and if we do my son is bound to insist that we stop at Thomas Land on the way tehre or back. If you've not got someone local by July then PM me and I will let you know if we are going to be in your neck of the woods. :rock:

• 3 weeks later...

we may be heading down South on holiday this year and if we do my son is bound to insist that we stop at Thomas Land on the way tehre or back. If you've not got someone local by July then PM me and I will let you know if we are going to be in your neck of the woods. :rock:

Very Many thanks..........(.sorry for delay I've been away).

Hi

I'd love MPH in the display (Yeti Elegance 1.2) ..........why can't the dealer do this for heavens sake????

Unfortunately EU law states that vehicles fitted with speed indication in MPH must also have a sub display in KPH as well, so they would technically be in breach of EU law.

Unfortunately EU law states that vehicles fitted with speed indication in MPH must also have a sub display in KPH as well, so they would technically be in breach of EU law.

Here we go again......

No it doesn't, what the EU law states is that the car must be ABLE to show both MPH and KPH, either permanently or by pressing a button or two.

This is exactly what you can do once the VCDS mod coding has been done,

being a tech I would of thought you would of known that??

No it doesn't, what the EU law states is that the car must be ABLE to show both MPH and KPH, either permanently or by pressing a button or two.

Thats what I just said, "sub" display

Thats what I just said, "sub" display

It was this bit I was referring to:

so they would technically be in breach of EU law.

It IS available, so where is the breach of law?

They do not HAVE to both be displayed at the same time.

Gizmo, we all know it can be done, and why Skoda have done it the way it is. What Tech said was perfectly correct.

A dealer can't do it because in doing so it takes the vehicle outside the specification it has been type approved in the UK, and therefore they would be liable. There is also the possibility that the equipment they use might actually not be capable of doing it.

@ Mozza8 I'm In Hinckley if that's any help??

Many thanks for this......I infrequently get on the A47 en route to the east......so your location may be just right.

Thanks again.

hello all,

is there anybody out there that can do a vcds for me .i was wanting to have the mph to be displayed on maxidot or things that could be suggested.i live in the newcastle area if there is anybody close that is willing to do this for me.

thanks

hello all,

is there anybody out there that can do a vcds for me .i was wanting to have the mph to be displayed on maxidot or things that could be suggested.i live in the newcastle area if there is anybody close that is willing to do this for me.

thanks

Try posting or looking in the VCDS & Diagnostics section on Briskoda for the list of people who are willing to help.

hello all,

thanks

you'll not get much of a response in here since the number of VCDS owners who happen to have a yeti and look in here will be quite small, the number who happen to be in Newcastle will be smaller still :giggle:

If you are ever in the Edinburgh area I'm happy to help otherwise you might find someone in the VCDS forum :thumbup:

It was this bit I was referring to:

It IS available, so where is the breach of law?

They do not HAVE to both be displayed at the same time.

That clarifies things. I had a new Citroen C4 on hire last week, only displayed MPH (in both big digital numbers and on needle) - I did wonder if it was legal, as it wasnt also showing KMH simultaneously.

(Off topic - it was amazingly frugal - indicated wll over 900 miles on the tank - admittedly I was cruising at 55 on an A-road...).

thanks rockhopper for that.will try and find someone close.

Let me know how you get on please, my SM arrives next week and I am going to DIY fit the tow bar etc and I will need the thing coding--I wouldn't mind some of the extras as well!