Oil warning & spanner icon

C.D-vRS

Flashed up earlier.

I checked the oil and it seemed at an OK level. Added a little extra to be sure but the warning still flashes up.

Was last serviced at 50,000 miles (Dec last year) and is currently on 55,000.

Any ideas?

Thanks

should be service indicator. mine cam up last wek and is in for service today,

No it's not the service indicator, I actually had it reset by the garage a couple of weeks ago as they forgot to reset it at the last service.

If it is the LCD display that is saying "OIL" it means that car thinks it is due for an oil change. The intervals for the inspection and oil services are different and both need to be reset.

If it is the LCD display that is saying "OIL" it means that car thinks it is due for an oil change. The intervals for the inspection and oil services are different and both need to be reset.

That's right.

Any idea how to reset the oil indicator then? I'll probably change it this week anyway as it's pretty black.

The other threads I searched through didn't have an answer.

Heres what I found on google.

At the bottom left hand side of you speedo there is a button press this and hold it in then turn on the ignition release the button as soon as the word oil appeares. Then turn the button to the right until the word oil is erased and replaced by _ _ _ then switch egnition off.

repeat this for insp hope this works for you

• 10 months later...

I had a spanner symbol come up on the maxidot where the gear indicator is, top right hand corner of the screen. The "control System for Exhaust" amber light also came on in the instrument cluster. I have a DSG and had previous to this gone through some reasonably deep water, as per this video:

The DSG then started to 'grab' or snatch. The the spanner symbol came on, flashing approx. once a second and the amber Control system for exhaust light.

Drove off Salisbury Plains in 1st gear, as reverse wasn't working, and Skoda assist cleared 2 codes 'Pressure Control Valve 1' and 'Pressure Control Valve 2', both had comments of "Implausible Signal Fault codes".

The car has been fine since.

Anybody ever seen anything like this before?

I really what to know what caused the codes and what they are before I go off road againemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

The way to reset differs from version to version (our W reg and 04 reg are quite different) so you need to follow instruction book. As for off road well electrics and water (hint). You don't need a real short so many systems work on slight voltage differences that a "water short" can make the ECU see crazy things

• 2 years later...

I had a spanner symbol come up on the maxidot where the gear indicator is, top right hand corner of the screen. The "control System for Exhaust" amber light also came on in the instrument cluster. I have a DSG and had previous to this gone through some reasonably deep water, as per this video:

The DSG then started to 'grab' or snatch. The the spanner symbol came on, flashing approx. once a second and the amber Control system for exhaust light.

Drove off Salisbury Plains in 1st gear, as reverse wasn't working, and Skoda assist cleared 2 codes 'Pressure Control Valve 1' and 'Pressure Control Valve 2', both had comments of "Implausible Signal Fault codes".

The car has been fine since.

Anybody ever seen anything like this before?

I really what to know what caused the codes and what they are before I go off road againemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

I had this same problem with my Skoda Fabia RS (2013). It won't select any gears properly, I have to pull over. Pump the brakes a couple of times and then it goes. I accidentally sprayed water all over the engine when I was refilling the washer bottle and it seems to have been happening since then. Could there be an electrical fault?

I had this same problem with my Skoda Fabia RS (2013). It won't select any gears properly, I have to pull over. Pump the brakes a couple of times and then it goes. I accidentally sprayed water all over the engine when I was refilling the washer bottle and it seems to have been happening since then. Could there be an electrical fault?

Mine was fine for another 35,000 miles or so without any issues whatsoever after the RAC wiped all the codes. I sold it in August 2013.