VRS DRL's

Brin

Thanks George.

I actually get more flashes from people at night when I have my headlights and side lights on as they think I have fog lights switched on too.  It may actually help losing them altogether but then there are the legalities I guess.  Personally I have no issue with them, but it does seem to rather annoy other drivers who think they know better and it's not even like I do many miles.  Shame Skoda ditched the switch really or didn't use the same set up as the Monte.  DRL's should be in the main light unit with the side lights and the fogs should be down below, but I'm sure this has been said many times.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I've been flashed loads of times. Really starting to annoy me now. It's usually the 'older person' I just give them the finger and drive on...

Male or Female?

Regardless, I really am not convinced that giving another driver the finger will indicate much to them other than that you couldn't care less what they think - the decline in manners and increase in road rage amongst drivers suffering a mid-life crisis is terribly sad :(

Edited by vxh26

Male or Female?

Regardless, I really am not convinced that giving another driver the finger will indicate much to them other than that you couldn't care less what they think - the decline in manners and increase in road rage amongst drivers suffering a mid-life crisis is terribly sad :(

I don't believe I've ever been flashed by an angry female. I wouldn't give a lady the finger anyway, as I am true gentleman ;-p. It's usually blokes. And it's very rare that I give people crap. I was just trying to be funny if I'm honest haha. Not like the guy the other day who wound down his window and called me a **** because I didn't let him out, even though I let 3 cars out that were infront of him :-(

Like some of the other guys have said, I'm surprised that people have clicked on that they're drl's.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, I just noticed a problem with my drls. On my last ride the brightness was the same when I turned the light's switch on. Normally when I open my headlights the drls are working like side lights and the brightness is reduced. That did not happened. So my leds are working with full brightness day and night causing troubles to other drivers. What can I do?

Hi, I just noticed a problem with my drls. On my last ride the brightness was the same when I turned the light's switch on. Normally when I open my headlights the drls are working like side lights and the brightness is reduced. That did not happened. So my leds are working with full brightness day and night causing troubles to other drivers. What can I do?

You can switch them off completely. There's a rocker switch behind the fuse panel (by your right knee)

You'll need to get it looked at by the dealer. Seems like the relay switch that reduces the voltage to them is faulty.

You can switch them off completely. There's a rocker switch behind the fuse panel (by your right knee)

You'll need to get it looked at by the dealer. Seems like the relay switch that reduces the voltage to them is faulty.

Thanks for the reply. The switch turns them off only at day. When I switch on my lights the leds are working again. With full brightness. The other drivers get angry with me. The strange thing is that when i use them as parking lights the brightness is normal. So i will not drive at night time until i find time to visit my dealer, maybe next week. But I am not sure if my dealer knows what to do. This leds are only on fabia vrs model and here in Greece there are not a lot of them...

• 5 months later...

You are a lucky lot.

My DRLs have stopped working and checked fuse & switch, both OK.

Any ideas please or do I need to disconnect battery to reset ECU or diagnose with VCDS.

Help please???

If you have the vRS model that has the on / off switch it is an idea to check it,  because if your car was near a dealership they are inclined to switch them off. That is them as DRL's Front on only and bright.

When they are working with Head Lights they are the Sidelights,  (not so bright)

they will work as sidelights without the headlights,

just turn the rotary switch to Sidelights.

They will work at the front and rear as a Parking Light, just put the Indicator Stalk down.

If you have a Monte Carlo, and a switch, and they are on, and the fuse is good,

checking both bulbs are OK would be an idea.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Sorry to pull this thread up from the dead, but I need help. Does anyone know the bulb type for the drl lights on 2011 fabia vrs? And if possible, can anyone tell me where to buy bulbs that give off the same light as 6K xenon bulbs. I want them to match my headlights. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry no.

But when your headlights are on, they are on as Sidelights & not on as 'Daytime (Daylight) Running Lights'.

So you will be wanting them Bright as DRL's  but they go Dimmer as Sidelights.

• 4 months later...

LED ones wont use much power at all.

Its an EU thing. Supposed to help cars be seen.

But theyll never be seen if people dont look.

I find them alot dazzling on some cars. Anyone else been blinded by them?

I don't find them very dazzling, but I've seen at least 2 new-ish VW's with LED strip-type DRL's that are huge, both in a 'C' shape on each side, now THAT is dazzling.

EDIT: Found a picture:

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Skyl1n3

• ColinD unpinned this topic