Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

Dealer told me yesterday, car being built this week. Elegance Estate,1.2 tsi (105); ESC and parking sensors only extras. Ordered 5th Jan. Delivery due beginning March; not holding my breath!; last one took a fair bit longer!

Edited by Bishopton

Prior to order of Fabia vRS was advised by dealer to expect 12 week wait and looks to be roughly on course

Ordered 16 Nov

Just today had a confirmed build week (3) - i.e. w/c 14 Jan

Told to expect car to be ready to collect 4-5 weeks by Skoda UK, will be speaking to dealer once en route.....

Can't wait!

12 weeks from order to collection, exactly as advised before placing order.

Ordered 2nd week of january. 1-black vrs with black alloys and arm rest & 1-blues vrs with the same black wheels and arm rest. based on the test drive. both my missis and i have come from a line of VAG cars. recived a phone call 2days ago to say skoda still havent relesed a build date. so at least they will be 13plates. but we both want them now!!!!

Well so far the Fabia Fabia Estate 1.2 TSI DSG which I ordered on 9 Jan progressing well and all of the dates I had been given have been held.

To recap on my previous postings

Ordered on 9 Jan Estimated delivery of mid-march

21 Jan Dealer gave me a confirmed build date of week 7

Call today, 19 Feb, from dealer to say that car had been built and was awaiting shipping.

So all being well should have it by mid-march as originally estimated

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ordered an elegance 1.2 tsi (105) in October 2012 in the UK and taken delivery of it yet? Mine hasn't been built yet after the original build date was bypassed. Pretty annoyed as only option was the colour.

Has anyone ordered an elegance 1.2 tsi (105) in October 2012 in the UK and taken delivery of it yet? Mine hasn't been built yet after the original build date was bypassed. Pretty annoyed as only option was the colour.

ordered estate version in white, Jan 5th; was called yesterday to be told now at dealers (Arnold Clark Linwood). Extras; ESC, rear park sensors

Hmm, was thinking of cancelling but my part ex has 16 days of MOT left so I wouldn't get near the amount agreed with the Skoda dealership. Had an update today and the car supposedly has been built but I'm no longer excited about getting a new car. I was ecstatic in October to say the least!

Hmm, was thinking of cancelling but my part ex has 16 days of MOT left so I wouldn't get near the amount agreed with the Skoda dealership. Had an update today and the car supposedly has been built but I'm no longer excited about getting a new car. I was ecstatic in October to say the least!

it may be that the paint job has delayed yours; if 'rarity' causes delays!.. now fully expecting several hundred owners of yellow Fabias to berate me for lack of observation skills!

Edited by Bishopton

Ordered an Elegance 1.2 tsi (105) at the end of Nov 12 from dealer in Gloucestershire. No additions other than spare wheel & metallic paint.

When ordering car advised by dealer it would be 10-12 weeks before I would receive car (= Feb). Rang dealer in mid Feb to check on situation and was advised car at import depot and may be on transporter to dealership on following Monday. When I heard nothing more after 10 days (last week) I rang again and this time was told car was at distribution centre in Germany and it may be another 2 weeks before I could pick it up. Heard nothing since then. Hope I get it before end of March as my insurance renewal, MOT and Road Fund Tax are all due between 21 March and mid April.

First time I have dealt with this dealer having brought 6 previous Skoda's from other dealer in Glos area which whilst they had always treated me well has received mixed customer reviews and is now part of a larger franchise, whilst I had heard more favourable reports about this smaller company. The jury is now out!

Edited by RamsfanI

I've been told my VRS estate is at the port in Germany and should be approx 2 weeks away. I ordered mid-late January so this will be right on the estimated delivery time. Quite excited ... I would be more so if selling my current car wasn't such a fiasco.

I was assured the paint wouldn't be an issue as I had a back up colour (anthracite grey) if it was! They are organising a car for me between signing over my part ex and taking delivery of the fabia. I just hope it isn't a vrs, else I may regret my choice!!!

I was assured the paint wouldn't be an issue as I had a back up colour (anthracite grey) if it was! They are organising a car for me between signing over my part ex and taking delivery of the fabia. I just hope it isn't a vrs, else I may regret my choice!!!

I wouldn't worry, it will probably be a Citigo :giggle:

snapback.pngnoosey22, on 06 March 2013 - 19:11, said:

I wouldn't worry, it will probably be a Citigo :giggle:

betcha it's not yellow!