Electric window problem

I've had a couple of blips in the past where the back windows haven't opened from the driver's button but last week the passenger one was stuck open and wouldn't close either from it's control button or from the driver's side. I was on the way to the garage when it closed. Since then most of the time I can't open either it or the rear ones. But just occasionally the back ones will work.

Today I managed to open the back ones slightly then they wouldn't close using any of their switches. I even tried holding the key in the lock but they still wouldn't close. Then they closed using their own switches. So far the driver's window keeps working properly.

I will be taking it to the garage when I have the chance but has anyone had a similar problem or had any ideas please.

All my electric windows have stopped working a couple of times from all swtiches. It seems to be related to very wet weather so I guess a bit of damp is getting into the control systems somewhere. Seems to be fixed when the weather drys up or if I run the air con for a while.

All my electric windows have stopped working a couple of times from all swtiches. It seems to be related to very wet weather so I guess a bit of damp is getting into the control systems somewhere. Seems to be fixed when the weather drys up or if I run the air con for a while.

I thought that with the earlier blips, but we've now had a long warm dry spell.

A common problem this, have a search for related posts

Search for electric windows found nothing. Windows found 1000, most of which don't relate to my problem. Some mention using the key to lower then raise all the windows but mine won't lower that way now either.

• 3 weeks later...

The car finally went in today. Problem was traced to broken wires which also affected the heated mirrors. Apparently the loom had been fitted a bit too tight and the opening and closing of the doors eventually broke some wires.

• 1 month later...

The car finally went in today. Problem was traced to broken wires which also affected the heated mirrors. Apparently the loom had been fitted a bit too tight and the opening and closing of the doors eventually broke some wires.

Was your problem fixed once and for all? And was the broken wires the real cause of the problem. Ther are a few problems on recent Roomsters in Italy and Skoda garages cannot fix it. The Roomster owners are spending huge amounts of time in and out of Skoda dealers with no solution to the problem. Could you give us an update regarding the final solution of your problem? Thanks

Was your problem fixed once and for all? And was the broken wires the real cause of the problem. Ther are a few problems on recent Roomsters in Italy and Skoda garages cannot fix it. The Roomster owners are spending huge amounts of time in and out of Skoda dealers with no solution to the problem. Could you give us an update regarding the final solution of your problem? Thanks

Yes, I've had no more trouble since. And my dealer said it is a problem that has affected several cars.

Yes, I've had no more trouble since. And my dealer said it is a problem that has affected several cars.

Thanks, and the broken wires due to the loom fitted too tight was the problem then? Because it looks like some Skoda dealer in Italy cannot find a solution to it and customers are left in a difficult situation. Wish there could be some sort of communication between the garages.

Thanks, and the broken wires due to the loom fitted too tight was the problem then? Because it looks like some Skoda dealer in Italy cannot find a solution to it and customers are left in a difficult situation. Wish there could be some sort of communication between the garages.

In England they can contact technicians at Skoda UK if they can't solve a problem. I don't know what the situation is in Italy.

• 2 weeks later...

My 1.6 TDI Roomster has an intermittent fault on the off side rear window.When set to auto close, the window goes up, hits the top and then comes back down again. It keeps doing it and the only way to close it is to inch it up a little at a time. Will have to get it checked out at the next service.

My 1.6 TDI Roomster has an intermittent fault on the off side rear window.When set to auto close, the window goes up, hits the top and then comes back down again. It keeps doing it and the only way to close it is to inch it up a little at a time. Will have to get it checked out at the next service.

It is a well known problem in Italy. It seems related to the window safety device setup. It usually pops up when window rubber seals get very hot under sunlight and when the safety system meets excessive friction.

In some cases electric parts replacement had no effect. Some customers are having their cars inspected by Skoda Italy Engineers, these days. As soon as we have news, we will report. And, of course, let us know about yours.

Also refer to

Driver's and passenger's window rattles

(it could be of some help) emoticon-0105-wink.gif

In my previous Octavia I had the same problem with driver's window and went the car to a bodywork expert who found out that the upper side (horizontal) of the door frame was slightly crooked then he slammed it :o and no problem for the next eight years of ownership.

Last August and after 1.200 Km and a month of ownership, my Roomster dropped passenger's window and stopped at the middle of the way. It was midday, the ambient temp was 41 Celsius degrees and i think i hit a small pothole, not sure though, so I think obviously Lorenzo knows better but since then nothing.

Roomsterfan try to clean the glass's guide canals.

• 1 month later...

I've just had a wierd problem with my new Roomster Scout's front windows.

There are two switches on the driver's door and one on the passenger's door.

The rear windows are manually operated

Yesterday the switches would not operate the front passenger window.

This morning when I walked past the car all windows were closed as I would have expected.

About ten minutes later I had a look at this thread to find out how to diagnose the front passenger window problem and went down to the car.

I noticed that now both front windows were open some 2cm. I got in the car, turned on the ignition and lo and behold both windows could be closed and opened using the switches.

It was very wet during the morning two days ago so maybe that caused the problem.

I shall be watching to see if the problem recurs, but hope not because intermittent problems can be a headache to sort out.

Edited by welshmike

I had this on my Fabia, and by simply turning the ignition off then on again solved it. Seems to be a common thing with all modern stuff relating to ignition, I had a smart that would jam the heater on full, turn ignition off and on and it would sort it, a Yamaha XJR used to do the same with its indicators and my scooter would do weird things the same. So far, the Roomster has been a good girl!

I've just had a wierd problem with my new Roomster Scout's front windows.

There are two switches on the driver's door and one on the passenger's door.

The rear windows are manually operated

Yesterday the switches would not operate the front passenger window.

This morning when I walked past the car all windows were closed as I would have expected.

About ten minutes later I had a look at this thread to find out how to diagnose the front passenger window problem and went down to the car.

I noticed that now both front windows were open some 2cm. I got in the car, turned on the ignition and lo and behold both windows could be closed and opened using the switches.

It was very wet during the morning two days ago so maybe that caused the problem.

I shall be watching to see if the problem recurs, but hope not because intermittent problems can be a headache to sort out.

Hi Welshmike,You do know that if you keep the open button on key fob pressed a short while you can open your windows from your front room,also close them by pressing the close button a short time. That might be how your windows were slightly open, and you did it by accident.If you knew this already no offence intended,cheers

just had the same problem with my 3 month old Fabia Estate; drivers window up and down. finally managed to get it closed by 'blipping' switch to gradually raise glass. now looks like the one touch switch is broken!! looks like (another) call to dealer.

Edited by Bishopton

Hi Welshmike,You do know that if you keep the open button on key fob pressed a short while you can open your windows from your front room,also close them by pressing the close button a short time. That might be how your windows were slightly open, and you did it by accident.If you knew this already no offence intended,cheers

Ah so they do. Thanks for the info and definitely no offence taken.

How remiss of me not to have fully read the Owner's Manual Page 42 "Window convenience operation".

I though that was about something else :rofl:

"The more I know, the more I know I don't know" :)

I must have pressed and held down the open button on the key fob for that interval as I approached the car to unlock it this morning.

This was my user error because the key fob seems to need a one or two second delay after the first press before a second press will unlock the passenger door and boot. (My wife's Corsa key fob needs a quick double click).

just had the same problem with my 3 month old Fabia Estate; drivers window up and down. finally managed to get it closed by 'blipping' switch to gradually raise glass. now looks like the one touch switch is broken!! looks like (another) call to dealer.

Sorry to read that you need to make (another) call to dealer. I thought that Volkswagen Group vehicles had a reputation for good reliability.

Sorry to read that you need to make (another) call to dealer. I thought that Volkswagen Group vehicles had a reputation for good reliability.

so did I!!

these things happen; still a pain though.

Just trying to sort out window problem on daughter's Fabia. Tried the reset through key in door snd turn for 3 secs. This shows windows will operate but still not thru switches. Cleaned fuses. Still no operation tho a tiny initial movement. Then EUREKA! Just happened to try the down operation by pushing down at back of switch away from lip and both windows function fine inc intermediate stop. Normal up by pull on switch lip is fine too. Is this how they are meant to work??!

• 8 years later...

Old thread but common problem. My Roomster’s had  the alarm going off when it felt like ( the door open sign being on when I t shouldn’t have been) the rear windows failing to work correctly, and an interior light sometimes being on.

i used a recommended auto electrician (if you know an electrician, it was simply faulty wiring and broken wiring, located both in the drivers door and front passenger door. It had been making my new battery go flat.

thankfully no more, all wiring fixed.