Side rubbing strip come off

Just noticed today that the passenger side rubbing strip on the rear door must have come free and when the door was opened it has folded back. This has obviously damaged the rear strip (all bent and twisted with the paint pealed off) but also the front one where it has caught. My VRS is a 10 plate so I hope this will be covered by waranty. Will go to the dealers on Tuesday to se what they say.

Just noticed today that the passenger side rubbing strip on the rear door must have come free and when the door was opened it has folded back. This has obviously damaged the rear strip (all bent and twisted with the paint pealed off) but also the front one where it has caught. My VRS is a 10 plate so I hope this will be covered by waranty. Will go to the dealers on Tuesday to se what they say.

Mine virtually fell off all 4 doors (59 plate). Poor glue strips were to blame. Fixed under warranty without question, although I was tempted to ask for a season ticket at the dealers as they all peeled back at different times and I had 4 separate visits!

The strips are provided without paint so may require a day at the dealers unfortunately unless they spray them in advance.

I know the front strips primed are £25 each. Guessing the rears will be a about £20. just thought i would chuck that info in this thread for anyone afer prices at a later date.

I've only just realised that the latest side strips are body coloured. Mine (58 plate)are black. I'm having one front one replaced Wednesday - I assume that the black ones are just black plastic, not painted? Was the change to body colour part of FL?

Mine is a bit of a hybrid vrs with face lift dash mirrors and tsi engine but pre fl front end, but I'm sure all vrs came with body coloured strips and some other models aswell. I have seen a few fl taxis about with black side strips so suppose they are base models (not saying yours is mind)

Mine is a bit of a hybrid vrs with face lift dash mirrors and tsi engine but pre fl front end, but I'm sure all vrs came with body coloured strips and some other models aswell. I have seen a few fl taxis about with black side strips so suppose they are base models (not saying yours is mind)

Mine's a cappuchino 58 Elegance hatch: I just checked the current on-line brochure and models from the Octavia S upwards have body coloured strips now.

Edited by ednmra

• 4 years later...

Sheeet this just happened to me :(

The last couple of cm of the rear door strip is bent back. Mine are color coded but Super Skoda have them in black and I could handle that.

Question is about removal - how to remove the strips and their glue?

Bump for my side strip woe...

What is the prescription method for removing the sidestrips?

And where does the community stand on replacing colour coded (metallic arctic green) with black (cheaper)?

Scouts came with them in black, so there's a precedent but personally I much prefer colour coded ones. I think the Scout carries it off ok because of the other black trim on it.