Boot won't open

Morning all,

Just a small issue which is starting to annoy me more and more....

I don't know if this is a problem with all Fabias or what, but, why won't my fecking boot open? The only way of opening the boot is via the key fob. Even when the engine is running and all doors are unlocked!

No doubt one of you genius' will help me out :-D

Thanks

I have a similar problem relating to the door switch in the driver's door not working, therefore I have to open one of the other cabin doors before the boot will open (I guess a security measure to keep the boot locked whilst it thinks the engine is running/just stopped and all of the passengers are inside the vehicle). Worth a try. Also there is the boot release lever beside the driver's seat.

I have a similar problem relating to the door switch in the driver's door not working, therefore I have to open one of the other cabin doors before the boot will open (I guess a security measure to keep the boot locked whilst it thinks the engine is running/just stopped and all of the passengers are inside the vehicle). Worth a try. Also there is the boot release lever beside the driver's seat.

These didn't come on the vRS for some reason!!

One thing to try is to push down on the boot lid with the back of your hand as you press the button, usually works for me if it's being a bit tempermental.

I have a simular problem with my mothers Fabia, the boot suddenly will not open any more.

The question is, is it the switch, the latch (top bit), the motor bit (Bottom part) or a software problem, (one of the two ECUs that open it)? Will plugging it into VAG-COM or simular, be able to diagnose it?

Edited by Jim H

With me, it was the switch itself. Where i had the switch out, i shorted the plug it unplugged from and hey presto it opened! Its easy enough to test the switch yourself, take the plastic of the boot off, find where the switch is plugged into and short the plug. If it opens, its the switch otherwise could be more

HTH

Mine is very temperamental at the minute. I think the wiring connector needs a good clean and there may be a part missing out of my latch.

Can anyone tell me if something is missing from this latch below. I think a Spring is missing or it would appear that way. It just doesn't seem to open up fully wnen the keyfob button is pressed.

1bbe150d.jpg

Just found this old thread: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/110624-boot-locked-up-on-fabia-estate/

While fiddling with the lock last night the pivoted lever on the left doesn't seem to release properly and gets caught on the latch on the hatch.

In the pic there appears to be a small spring below the lever on the left. It's a goldy colour in the pic.

http://briskoda.net/forums/uploads/1/2/2/3/9/24965.attach