Oh My god please tell me no!

Told this week and my car has been built and should be here in 3 weeks . Today took my daughter into Skoda dealers to show her the colour. Asked the man did he have a mocha in stock. He said no then I said muscavado thinking that is the technical name for mocha as in brown sugar!!! Yup I have one of those he responds in the show room. Get in side the showroom and he points to a yeti in some awful looking greenish safari colour. I said that is not mocha and he says yup that is not mocha that is muscavado. Surely not.

When I ordered the car I chose the only brown colour which was Mocha. There was not anything else and nothing called muscavado. But it appears on other cars muscavado was a choice whisch I had not been aware of.

My DVD letter says Mocha but my order sheet from the dealer I can see says muscavdo. OH no now what will they really have made my superb in a colour different to the listed colours for a superb. Amy small chance they would look at the order which has muscavado and say "he must want mocha " and make it mocha Somehow I dont see it.

What should I do now amy suggestions apart from getting out a tin of paint for when the car arrives . Helpful suggestions please. (James at Allams poss?)

I am intrigued. The Superb is not available in Muscovado as far as I can tell from Skoda.co.uk, although Mocca is available (and looks a nice colour). Likewise, the Yeti is not available in Mocca, but is available in Muscovado.

I would have thought that this would have been picked up by the factory. Worst case scenario, if your car does come in the wrong colour and you have it in writing that you chose Mocca, then you should at least be able to get your money back (because if you hadn't chosen Mocca, you'd have chosen a "solid" colour, right?)

Fingers crossed for you.

Edited by Superbalicious

If you have a bit of paper that is a copy of your original order and it says Mocha, I think you have a strong case for negotiation or refusal. I would certainly go down those lines myself.

I think you are on the change, you will probably find that is the new brown Superb colour name, just had a look at it in the config'r on Skoda's site and I think you'll be pleased with it when it arrives.

I just looked at the configurator and it showed Mocha still?? Odd

I just looked at the configurator and it showed Mocha still?? Odd

Yeah it does, but every so often they change the colours slightly and give it a new name, this is what I think has happened, we'll know for sure in a few weeks time if the Mocca name gets deleted.

A Muscovado Yeti is actually a very nice looking beast. No green in that!

photo2r.jpg

A Mocca Superb looks totally different (more black than champagne):

2748518685_c1111a2f20.jpg

See more images of that colour here.

You can't order a Superb in Muscavado. If the dealer is telling you that it is the same colour then he is an idiot. They are very different.

Mocca Superb with Ivory is the ultimate combination for me..!

You can only get Mocca on the Superb so unless you see a Superb in Mocca then you won't get a proper impression of the car, rest assured it looks great and you make a good choice.

Amen to that James, class combi.

I wonder if you had a stand in salesman, or one whose leaving and wants to create a bad taste, as said the Musq colour is a million miles from green, and surely the factory is going to pick it up anyway, never know you may end up with a special order car and the exclusivity of being the only one ever.

Edited by Supurbia

You can't order a Superb in Muscavado. If the dealer is telling you that it is the same colour then he is an idiot. They are very different.

You can only get Mocca on the Superb so unless you see a Superb in Mocca then you won't get a proper impression of the car, rest assured it looks great and you make a good choice.

Each to their own, but I have the Mocha with black interior.

IMO it's infinitely preferable to the ivory, which would, for me, be impossible to keep clean. I'm not a fan of bright interior colours.

Each to their own, but I have the Mocha with black interior.

IMO it's infinitely preferable to the ivory, which would, for me, be impossible to keep clean. I'm not a fan of bright interior colours.

I can see how the Mocha with Ivory would work visually but have the same doubt about it looking grubby very quickly without a lot of work.

Anyone seen the Ivory with black carpet? How does that work visually as it feels just so wrong.

James > I have a copy of the order from the skoda dealer that went to the factory . It says muscavado. It was another dealer who showed me the muscavado in the yeti and he said it was VERY different to the Mocca which he did not have one in stock. But thanks for answering the question if it is true that you cannot actually order a superb in muscavado.

James > I have a copy of the order from the skoda dealer that went to the factory . It says muscavado. It was another dealer who showed me the muscavado in the yeti and he said it was VERY different to the Mocca which he did not have one in stock. But thanks for answering the question if it is true that you cannot actually order a superb in muscavado.

I'd check he hasn't ordered you a Yeti mate.

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up the car today ! The answer was yes they did order a Superb and the colour is Mocca. Its OK. From different angles and in different lights it looks different. It is a VERY dark colour, more black than brown if that makes sense and even looks plum and a photo I took enhances the colour to almost blue. I queried the colour and the dealer gave some odd answer about that being the system colour option. All done now anyway. Thanks for support

OK- so you have it now and have described it. What you dont say is if you like it or not.

Was it near to what you thought you had ordered or or you thinking that there is no way you can live with it?

I think the Superb looks good in dark colours- enjoy.

So nice to hear the comments about the colour trim combination, I ordered totally unseen (still unseen) due 1st June a Combi 170 Elegance auto with Mocca/Ivory leather. If I can I will post pictures when it arrives. Cheers