Octavia III (again)

The above pic's were posted on 'another' Octavia 3 thread a while ago, tbh I think that desgin would better the next Superb!

On the engine, I would be surprised but very happy if they dumped the 270 bhp version of the Tsi in the vRS......can't see it happening though. :(

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is - 270bhp is just too much for 2-wheel drive.

OK it can be done, the new VXR is 300bhp with 2-wheel drive but it's just an accident waiting to happen.

The thing is - 270bhp is just too much for 2-wheel drive.

OK it can be done, the new VXR is 300bhp with 2-wheel drive but it's just an accident waiting to happen.

Not sure I agree with that, Harry_vRS has a K04 conversion running 340+ ok he has just fitted a LSD but he has been coping for a while, and over on the GTi mkv forum some of the guys have 360bhp running through the front wheels of ED30's. I do agree though, a 4wd vRS would be awesome.....not an oil burner though! :giggle:

Looks like a stretched version, rather like the Superb, I also remember reading somewhere that the next generation Octavia will be a bigger car and Skoda will introduce a new car to fill the gap between the Octavia and the Fabia, now that will be a car I will be more interested in.

Ian

Apesar de ter sofrido um restyling em 2008, o Octavia vai-se manter em funções até 2012/13, altura em que será substituído no mercado pelo seu sucessor.

Neste momento, espera-se que o carro beba inspiração da mais recente criação da marca, o VisionD, no que ao desenho diz respeito: espera-se um desenho refinado, sendo os grupos ópticos rectangulares e a lateral percorrida por um "vinco".

Um sedan e uma carrinha são já dados como certos, sendo o hatch (ou lift, fastback ou o que quer que seja) uma variante ainda em dúvida, apesar de bastante provável.

O Octavia vai assentar na plataforma MQB, estreada pelo Q3, estendendo-se esta também aos primos mais próximos: Golf 7 e Audi A3. Apesar de um posicionamento esperado mais abaixo do actual no mercado, a marca não deixará de lado certas tecnologias como o Stop & Start, talvez receba o cruise control activo ou mesmo o assistente de estacionamento automático, apesar destas possíveis inovações, no que diz respeito à mecânica não deverão haver novidades.

Todays model will be on sale until 2012/2013.

Octavias platform is the new MQB, first used on Audi Q3, and will also be used on future Golf 7 and Audi A3.

Will have start/stop function, adaptive cruise control, park assist.

Motors will stand the same.

Portuguese to English translation

Despite having undergone a restyling in 2008, the Octavia will be kept in office until 2012/13, when the market will be replaced by his successor.

At this point, it is expected that the car drink inspiration from the latest creation of the brand, the VisionD, with respect to the design: it is expected a refined design, with the rectangular headlights and the side covered by a "crease. "

A sedan and a minivan are already taken for granted, and the hatch (or lift, fastback or whatever it is) a variant still in doubt, although quite likely.

The Octavia MQB platform will be based on, premiered by Q3, this also extends to the closest cousins​​: 7 Golf and Audi A3. Despite an expected position below the current market, the brand will not set aside certain technologies such as Stop & Start, you may receive the active cruise control or even the automatic parking assistant, despite these possible innovations with regard to mechanics should not be news.

looks good to me also, here hoping for a nice VRS, also no way they will use the 265 "TSI" from the Golf R, as its old tech, its actually a TFSI engine. My money is on them using the same 2.0 TSI powerplant as in the currect Octy, cant imagine VW allowing a Skoda to outshine their own GTI...

The hatch looks like a Vauxhall Insignia crossed with a Ford Cougar and an MG6 – horrible :thumbdown:

The estate looks OK though, but what is it with car designers and harsh angles nowadays? Keep it flowing and smooth :thumbup:

100% Photoshop. I wouldn't rush down to the dealers just yet.

Do you really want your Skoda looking like an Audi? I always have a smirk on my face when I pull up beside one at the lights knowing I'm driving a better car for less money (top of the range RS's can be excused).

I don't think the new generation Octavia will look anything like this. How many new cars look crap and worse the previous generations - Audi A3, Impreza hatch, Mitsu EVO X, Mundeo, Mini etc newer does not always mean better!

Please add to the list but there are more than a few mingers out there. :p

Edited by Kaj

100% Photoshop. I wouldn't rush down to the dealers just yet.

Do you really want your Skoda looking like an Audi? I always have a smirk on my face when I pull up beside one at the lights knowing I'm driving a better car for less money (top of the range RS's can be excused).

I don't think the new generation Octavia will look anything like this. How many new cars look crap and worse the previous generations - Audi A3, Impreza hatch, Mitsu EVO X, Mundeo, Mini etc newer does not always mean better!

Please add to the list but there are more than a few mingers out there. :p

u obviously haven't seen this -

would b pretty hard to "photoshop" that too!!!

true its still a "concept", but i reckon the next gen will look very similar.

Edited by JR RS

Defo not photoshopped! Etch-a-sketched maybe..... :giggle: It looks very much like an A3 in a Czech overcoat, I love it! :thumbup:

Looks good to me and if it is on sale 2013 will be right time for me changing. One good thing I won't get a boot full of water when lifting the hatch after it's been raining!!!

Just another thought might be right time to order just now if current delivery times are anything to go by.

Just another thought might be right time to order just now if current delivery times are anything to go by.

Good thinking.

But how long will it take SUK to sort the configuration out.

Expect the speedo/power folding mirrors will still be a no no for the UK market.

Bet there not be any VAT discount for a couple or years or so.

I love the lights and the wheels.

SWMBO didnt like, but now she's a fan of this IF it is anything like the Mk3. She's even pondering an estate over another hatch.

Next she'll be wanting a white one!