Changing Air Filter - MK2 Fabia vRS TSi **GUIDE**

VRS-Powered

Tools/Parts needed :

Torx screwdriver set

New Filter (I'm using a Revo one)

Car used :

2011 MK2 Skoda Fabia vRS 1.4TSi

Time needed :

About 10 minutes all in, a cup of tea won't be necessary!

Difficulty :

2/5 - Not really difficult just 2 screws are a little tricky

I'll be using this filter :

1.jpg

2.jpg

(Stickers are optional)

Get the bonnet open using the pull lever in the passenger footwell, make sure you have your tools to hand :

3.jpg

You need to undo the 6 torx screws holding the airbox top on, I've circled them all, 4 are easy to get to and 2 are at the back near the ECU. They are a little bit fiddly but you can get them off easily enough, just try not to drop them :

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Once these are all unscrewed you should be able to lift the airbox lid up, you should have this :

8.jpg

The filter itself is easily removed, twist it anti clockwise and it should click off the holder :

9.jpg

Take the new filter out and admire it for a moment ( B) ) :

10.jpg

To fit it just match up the connection and twist clockwise so it locks into position :

11.jpg

Pop the lid back on to the airbox, put the 6 torx screws back in, stand back and admire your work (not much to admire as it looks standard!) :

12.jpg

Sticker is optional of course :

13.jpg

Videos :

Standard air filter fitted :

Revo air filter fitted :

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I thought it was worth adding this before anyone gets to spending £60 or whatever.

http://www.briskoda....5143-air-filter

http://www.revohardw...-tsi-and-20-tsi

I tried one on the Dyno.

REVO say "More efficient with as much as 30% increase in Air Flow over the original. Improved throttle response".

I say '0% increase in performance on an otherwise standard set up over a standard clean Air Filter.'

A new clean airfilter replacing an 'Original' that is due for replacing will almost certainly be an improvement.

(But then that is obvious if an Original needs replacing for a fresh one. see how they play on words.)

JME & JMO. obviously.

george

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

About to fit a new air filter but I don't own any torx drivers. Im, going to borrow one from a local bike shop but not sure what size I need and don't want to ask for all of them to try! does anyone know what size I need?  

Kind regards

Jonathan

• 4 months later...

Hi people me again

I want to change the filter in my car it is still under warranty and on long service plan.

It has done 11650 miles since new and am not sure what the filter looks like but I guess a new one will help the engine breath better.

What are your guys view.

(I am asking these quite strange questions as this is my first more performance end car, had one and 1.2's that I was not too bothered about also not long life service).

Thanks for your help

J

On a MK2 vRS i would look at the Air Filter and see its condition.

Because Location, location, Location applies, not just as simple as its not done enough miles to need looking at.

I dont know about someone seeing the same engine everyday,

but often Technicians assume too much, where 2 minutes of their time can confirm.

A car driven on some roads might have a clean filter for 60,000 miles.

Someone that drives in Cities and sits in Commuting traffic among Dirty Diesel Buses might need to change the Air Filter annually, its others dirty fumes clogging up the Filter.

For £16 it can well be worth it.

Like the Twincharger Service Schedule / Guidelines on Spark Plugs at 40,000 miles.

Some last only half that mileage.

Edited by goneoffSKi

• 3 months later...

Hi do I need to remove the spring clip on the intake or will the pipe bend successfully enough to get the filter out.

On inspection the filter is gray not white and has fly's and other debris on it, think £13 (Mann filter) is very cheep to make sure the engine can breath well.

Thanks. J

Edited by cl coupe
  • Like 1