Window Regulator Clip Problem

Hello, I'm really frustrated because of window regulator clip breaking and window dropping inside door after, it broke about 10 times in a 3 years period, all doors suffered from this.

I don't know whats the problem that causes it to break so often.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

FH-042.jpg

FH-042_3.jpg

Edited by HeNz

Rail looks dry and seems to require greasing, (knowingly/ visually seeing it has a plastic runner attachment), couldn't do any harm by lagging it with grease???

If it happens that often there is a problem.

It could be...

the motor is faulty and doesn't switch off when the window reaches the limit.

the tension is incorrect - there is a block with multiple slots that adjusts the overall regulator tension.

the tension is incorrect - the 'stall springs' are too weak - the motor should stop before they are fully compressed.

the regulator is faulty - does the slide bind on the rail? does the window sometimes stop half way?

the window binds in its rails

I know VW updated the clips to metal items however unsure if these would fit an Octavia....

This is brilliant, I hope someone know if they can fit in Octavia or not

Sorry for not stating that the photos are not mine, I found them online.

Sorry for not stating that the photos are not mine, I found them online. I did try lubricating rails before but didn't help much.

If it happens that often there is a problem.

It could be...

1-the motor is faulty and doesn't switch off when the window reaches the limit.

2-the tension is incorrect - there is a block with multiple slots that adjusts the overall regulator tension.

3-the tension is incorrect - the 'stall springs' are too weak - the motor should stop before they are fully compressed.

4-the regulator is faulty - does the slide bind on the rail? does the window sometimes stop half way?

the window binds in its rails

1- Tested, and its fine.

2 & 3- I don't actually understand them really well, I don't replace the clips by myself. But all doors suffered from the clips problem so either the clips plastic design was a bad idea from Skoda or something gets expanded by sun heat (Egypt) and causes problem ... just my thought.

4- No never stopped halfway

Thanks all for replying and still any help in this problem is appreciated.

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I know the main  post is three years old but someone may stumble across it looking for a solution.

Both clips on my Octavia Mk1 estate failed after taking the whole lot apart I came to the conclusion that the Skoda/ VW clips were not really up to the mark so after a bit of searching came across this site

http://tgdesign-uk.yolasite.com/

Now Thomas being a Skoda owner, like me wasn't overly pleased with the design, so designed his own ones which are far more substantial. I have fitted one so far and it works a treat.

A bit more expensive than the OEM ones but I think worth it

Tony

• 3 weeks later...