Monte Carlo Grill Mod - Fitted

tom_kvrs

Has anyone at all managed to remove the lower grille trim WITHOUT smashing it to smithereens, leaving it in one piece?

Seems the majority I've read have tied but failed miserably

For what it is, the lower grille replacement part price from a dealer is absolutely extortionate

:)

following confides way on here I used with no pieces taking the whole grill out and separating the lower grill trim from the grill once off the car worked a treat

On another note, does anyone know if Plasti Dip sprays on top of chrome, or does the chrome still need stripping?

My friend did my trim and badges for me, rubbed down lightly, plastic primes and usual base and top coats, I the chrome flakes off quite easily so I would do it properly

My friend did my trim and badges for me, rubbed down lightly, plastic primes and usual base and top coats, I the chrome flakes off quite easily so I would do it properly

I know that's for paint

I've since found out that Plasti Dip sprays straight on, and that's the plan I have in mind

Also has the benefit of being able to peel off, so easy to put the car back to standard :)

I know that's for paint

I've since found out that Plasti Dip sprays straight on, and that's the plan I have in mind

Also has the benefit of being able to peel off, so easy to put the car back to standard :)

Good idea, I bought completely new parts in putting it back to standard in mind

I know that's for paint

Good idea, I bought completely new parts in putting it back to standard in mind

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really cannot work out how to remove the bottom clips holding the lower grill in. Anybody use a specific tool?

I didn't either

It's a shame the pictures in some of the earlier posts didn't load, they might have been useful :(

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have the part numbers / costs for the monte headlights?

Also, the base level fabia has no trim whatsoever on the grill i.e. no chrome bits and all black. Maybe a better route for those not wanting to destroy the chrome trim. Definitely a consideration for our black magic fabia (non vrs/monte)

Ian

• 6 months later...

Hey all...

See my thread in the Fabia project section for my take on this, done today.

Can you post a link to this thread please, interested in wrapping part if mine but can't find your thread. Thanks Edited by JamesBroughton4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

bought a whole grille but without the bonnet piece from a junkyard.

Gonna order a bonnet piece with the new emblem when my Skoda dealer opens agan after the weekend.

Sounds a bit safer if i want to switch between a crome grille and a black grille without braking anything ;)

• ColinD unpinned this topic