columbus sat nav

The VW, Seat and Skoda disks are all exactly the same. The VW disk does have Skoda garages on it just as it also Seat ones, what gets loaded depends on the model, so in a Skoda even with the VW or Seat disk you will find that Skoda garages are loaded.

I recently bought a used 2011 Skoda Superb 170bhp 2.0 TDI DSG Elegance in metallic black - absolutely love it by the way! I live in Dublin and just drove to Galway and was seriously surprised to see it didn't have the M6 motorway on the sat nav and had me driving through fields for half the journey - that road is open for about 2 years now so that really is poor form in a car originally sold new in April 2011.

Is it the case that the VW and Skoda versions of the maps DVD do the exact same thing or is it the case that there is only one version available (the VW one)?

I pressed down the Setup button on my Columbus for 5 seconds but it didn't do anything so I'm not sure what version of the firmware or maps I have - how can I check that?

I pressed down the Setup button on my Columbus for 5 seconds but it didn't do anything so I'm not sure what version of the firmware or maps I have - how can I check that?

Keep the button down for around 15 seconds. If that doesn't reveal the hidden menu, it will need enabling by someone with VCDS.

Ray

Keep the button down for around 15 seconds. If that doesn't reveal the hidden menu, it will need enabling by someone with VCDS.

Ray

Thanks Argee. I turned on, pressed Setup, then pressed Setup again and held it down for 30 seconds but all that happened was it went to the Radio menu with AM/FM options shown. Also tried it just holding down the button after turning on (not first going into Setup).

As it happens, I do have a VAG COM cable and VCDS but I am underusing it as I don't really know how to get the most out of it - all I use it for is running the Auto Scan feature. I ran the Auto Scan and got the following (no fault codes for any modules) for the Navigation module (serial number modified):

Address 37: Navigation (J0506) Labels: 1T0-035-680.clb

Part No SW: 3T0 035 680 A HW: 3T0 035 680 A

Component: RNS-MID H42 2724

Revision: AB001001 Serial number: XXXXXXX

Coding: 040004020004008100

Shop #: WSC 33361 790 00999

ASAM Dataset: ------------------------- ------

VCID: 2E58E2DEC087

Does this make it possible to tell what firmware I have or is there something else I need to do? Thanks.

Thanks Argee. I turned on, pressed Setup, then pressed Setup again and held it down for 30 seconds but all that happened was it went to the Radio menu with AM/FM options shown. Also tried it just holding down the button after turning on (not first going into Setup).

As it happens, I do have a VAG COM cable and VCDS but I am underusing it as I don't really know how to get the most out of it - all I use it for is running the Auto Scan feature. I ran the Auto Scan and got the following (no fault codes for any modules) for the Navigation module (serial number modified):

Address 37: Navigation (J0506) Labels: 1T0-035-680.clb

Part No SW: 3T0 035 680 A HW: 3T0 035 680 A

Component: RNS-MID H42 2724

Revision: AB001001 Serial number: XXXXXXX

Coding: 040004020004008100

Shop #: WSC 33361 790 00999

ASAM Dataset: ------------------------- ------

VCID: 2E58E2DEC087

Does this make it possible to tell what firmware I have or is there something else I need to do? Thanks.

I'm going to order the V8 maps shortly so would appreciate any tips on how to confirm my firmware version and how to update it if necessary. Thanks!

I'm going to order the V8 maps shortly so would appreciate any tips on how to confirm my firmware version and how to update it if necessary. Thanks!

There's some good info about V8 maps etc in this forum thread...

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/217421-we-v8-maps-are-out/

...but I find all the different numbers and levels confusing and can't be the only one.

Maybe someone in the know could start a thread containing a Cross Reference (xref) that could be regularly updated as new versions/releases are made available?

• 2 months later...

I tried to get a post code update £200. Decided to put in the full address instead, with voice control it's easy. But then 2 weeks later my columbus sat nav stopped finding me (problems with firmware) The dealer tried a reboot didn't work so as the car is only 7mths old they replaced the sat nav and yes I got full postcode version! The only downside is now have to load all my cd's to hard drive again. hmm what did I do with Rick Astlee?

Edited by cotswoldlad

Can you load cd's straight to hard drive? I've tried but cannot find an option. I have to load to sd card and transfer off the card

No. You can only load them from an SD card as far as I'm aware. Not a big problem mind you as you can load several albums in a matter of minutes this way