Service recall - 15D7 - Camshaft

59 Plate 2L TSi Petrol DSG, engine code matched the recall, but it was not affected. The only way to check is to check the chassis number against the list.

59 Plate 2L TSi Petrol DSG, engine code matched the recall, but it was not affected. The only way to check is to check the chassis number against the list.

Is this list avialable somewhere apart from the dealers?

Thanks for the heads up. Just fired a query off to my dealer to see if my 59 plate vRS is affected by this. Mine was serviced a month ago so am assuming all is in order but best to check :)

just had my car done last week, The head mechanic showed me the issue. Its a small grill thats next to the camshaft. It is no bigger a 1p coin size, but it has broken and then let crap up in to camshaft and scored it around the edge.

so had to replace camshaft as well. thank god for warrenty and skoda sorting it out

No! Why dont u call a main dealers?

I called them yesterday and they say there is no campaign for my car.

I bought the car new april 2010. A label on the machine where CDA is written there is something like a manufacturing date, March 2010. Probably this can help someone to check affected manufacturing dates.

Can some one post a picture for this so that i can have a look on my car? :p

You'd be best to check with your dealer to see if your part of the recall.

Checked with my dealer here in Sweden, no notification of this problem when they checked with the factory recall "place" .. :p

My engine code is CDA..

Edited by Kemp

• 3 years later...

Can anyone help me obtain a copy of this document please? My engine was completely screwed recently with the exact symptoms described so any further information would certainly help in supporting my claim against the supplying dealer.

Made a call to Motoline Skoda in Dartford this afternoon about this. They just ain't bothered to call back despite me ringing them twice!

Another dealer to strike off my list. Do dealers read this forum? 

Called them on Monday and car booked in for this Friday.

They said it sounds a serious matter but can find no details of this from Skoda.

I'm taking a copy of the original post on here for their reference tomorrow.

Watch this space ,,,,,, 

I've talked with them this morning and it's not due for my vehicle.

It appears that it's chassis number dependant plus engine number.

I was told it is where it was made, what factory etc.

They'll gladly have it in to check but as it's not a recall for my car, they'll have to charge for the work.

Appointment cancelled ,,,,,,

TsvRS, how you getting on with your woes?   

I am still negotiating my case so I have nothing to add right now but am happy to share the information I did find.

The interesting thing is that the very same faulty part is shared by a great many (slightly) different engines across many vehicles (list below). The part itself is cheap but the cost of replacement across so many vehicles would be truly vast considering the cost of the part plus 100TU (1 hour labour). It is easy to see then that there is every incentive for VAG to adopt  a silent and staged replacement program to limit exposure within the warranty period, but to handle catastrophic failures on a case by case basis pushing as much responsibility onto the customer as is possible. The document provides all the evidence of the process and the scale of the problem involved: 352,000 Audi vehicles in 2010 alone estimated by counting up the VIN codes. Notable also are the instructions regarding what to do if the customer agrees or not to pay for the repair i.e., it is all fully rehearsed however surprised any individual dealer might seem, genuinely or otherwise, when faced with the occasional broken engine.

2012 2013 VW Volkswagen Beetle & Convertible WITH CCZA CBFA CCTA ENGINE CODES

2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 CC WITH CCTA CCZB CBFA CDAA CDAB ENGINE CODES

2009 2010 2011 Passat WITH CCTA CBFA ENGINE CODES

2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 EOS WITH CBFA CCTA CCZA CCZB ENGINE CODES

2010 2011 2012 2013 Golf GTI WITH CBFA CCTA CCZB CCDA ENGINE CODES

2008 2009 2010 Jetta WITH CBFA CCTA ENGINE CODES

2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Tiguan WITH CCTA CCTB CAWA CAWB CCZD ENGINE CODES

list taken from this source http://www.2040parts.com/vw-volkswagen-2-0-tsi-camshaft-bridge-replacement-genuine-oem-new-06h103144j-i680153/  shows all engines using same part

Interesting stuff, but not a mention of Skoda models.

Dealer said, as stated in post 45, "it's chassis number dependant plus engine number where it was made, what factory etc.

If you get yours sorted with no cost, I'll be straight up to them and table banging will commence.

Please keep us posted and good luck.