thermostat location

hello,

which end of the radiator do the thermo stats live on 1.6s (not aee)?

my AKL 'looks' to be located in a house on the block but another household octy (again 1.6 but two years newer 2001) looks to be located in a big multi-hosed plastic house on the end of the block. the newer octy needs its replaced and my one may as well get done with its coolant at the same time.

any clues,

thanks,

toby

hello,

which end of the radiator do the thermo stats live on 1.6s (not aee)?

my AKL 'looks' to be located in a house on the block but another household octy (again 1.6 but two years newer 2001) looks to be located in a big multi-hosed plastic house on the end of the block. the newer octy needs its replaced and my one may as well get done with its coolant at the same time.

any clues,

thanks,

toby

For AVU and BFQ is located in a big multi-hosed plastic house on the end of the block

Edited by georged30

• 2 weeks later...

am i being thick or does the thermostat on an AVU engine have a sensor / multiplug attached to it?

the big spidery shaped housing on the end of the block has a thermostat like object in it but seems to have an electrical output also?

the coolant sensor (green banded) is above it and theres no other spaces i can see it fitting.

the thermostat itself (by accident or design) is two pieces one of which is stamped 105'C and has the thermostat like spring arrangement. the other peice has a thermostat like pin arrangment and one end of this attaches to a senders output?

aha. i'm thick. stupid VW arrangement. who there thought this was a clever idea.

Edited by toby