Replace wing mirror glass?

Thanks for your reply.

Manually move the mirror glass as far inwards and upwards as you can, and you'll see 4 little plastic lugs, if you can imagine at 2,4,8 and 10 o'clock on the circular mounting at the back of the glass. Carefully lift 2 of these lugs with a small screwdriver, and then withdraw the glass.

Even in the farthest position there is very little gap between the mirror frame and mirror:

8yxd3t.jpg

With a flashlight I can see partly one of the lugs but it's difficult to figure out how to lift it. As a matter of fact I don't even think even a small screwdriver could fit from the gap?

Are you replacing the glass because it is broken, or purely because it is not heating? If it's not heating, chances are there's nothing wrong with the glass, it's corrosion on the little spade connectors to the back of the glass.

Glass is intact but the heating is not working. Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check the connectors first.

The workshop manual says to lever the mirror upwards and outwards from the bottom using a plastic tool. I remember mine was very firm but the whole plastic backing comes away from a circular mount in the centre (about 2inch in diameter from memory). My concern was damaging the paintwork-not the mirror.

The workshop manual says to lever the mirror upwards and outwards from the bottom using a plastic tool. I remember mine was very firm but the whole plastic backing comes away from a circular mount in the centre (about 2inch in diameter from memory). My concern was damaging the paintwork-not the mirror.

Great! I used plastic bicycle tire lever and got the glass out in no time. Thanks for the tip!

• 1 year later...