TTS short shifter

Ok,

so this means that the TTS will fit in the 1.8 tsi...

Any ideas where I can get one ...none available on the bay !

Careful, I bought my TTS shifter from a guy on here who had bought it for his 1.8 TSI, and it didnt fit!

Mate at work has a six speed Tsi Golf (not sure what size though) and that has a totally different shift assembly.

Sorry, I know that's not much help.

Best bet is to look at the various photos you can find with a forum search or a google search then get your head under the bonnet and compare. Once you know what you are looking for it is fairly obvious if yours is the same or not.

IIRC there was a discussion on here some time back about the a short shift that fitted the 1.8 - can't rememeber the details but if you search you might find it..

Have me wondering aswell now as to whether there will be a difference between the 2.0 fsi and tsi engines as sure the tts use the fsi lump don't they? If it won't fit a tsi golf then probably won't fit the 2.0 tsi octy either. Anyone got it fitted to anything other than an fsi folks?

God I'm loosing my mind reading that back with all the fsi and tsi talk lol

Edited by dainott

Have me wondering aswell now as to whether there will be a difference between the 2.0 fsi and tsi engines as sure the tts use the fsi lump don't they? If it won't fit a tsi golf then probably won't fit the 2.0 tsi octy either. Anyone got it fitted to anything other than an fsi folks?

God I'm loosing my mind reading that back with all the fsi and tsi talk lol

yeah, mine's a tsi too - fits fine. i believe the gearbox is the same on both tsi and fsi octavias.

This may be a stupid question but I'm guessing this mod fits the tfsi pre FL vRS's?

it should, I had it on my Pre FL 2.0 TDI, just havent got round to putting it on my FL TSI yet.

BTW, Im almost certain this will not fit a 1.8 TSI

it should, I had it on my Pre FL 2.0 TDI, just havent got round to putting it on my FL TSI yet.

BTW, Im almost certain this will not fit a 1.8 TSI

are you sure !emoticon-0106-crying.gif

i was looking forward to doing this mod

does anyone have a part number for this want it for my FL TDi but links on here are not working for me :doh: or a link to somewhere to buy it :D

does anyone have a part number for this want it for my FL TDi but links on here are not working for me :doh: or a link to somewhere to buy it :D

see earlier in the thread for part number

About £26 from Audi dealer, part number 8J0711046E.

hahaha and i did see that the other day in thread just too early for me still it seems cheers :thumbup: hope this transforms the old diesel

Buy it from your local Audi dealer, part number on mine was: 8J0 711 046-B

n.b. all this stuff i always post up on my blog.

:thumbup:

thats a different part number again lol does anyone know which for a FL TDi?

Could it be gearbox type that governs this TTS shifter compatibility?

Just wondering if the 1.8TSI box is the same as the one used in the vRS, for TSI and CR applications?

thats a different part number again lol does anyone know which for a FL TDi?

The one I said ending in E. I think it has recently changed. That's the part number on the box mine came in and it fits perfect. Although mine's not a smoker but I believe it's the same gear linkage as the TSI.

Edited by Guest

are you sure !emoticon-0106-crying.gif

i was looking forward to doing this mod

Sorry to say, that yes Im now sure,

it's not the right one for the 1.8TSI as that's got an MQ250 gearbox. The 8J0 part fits the MQ350 gearbox.

just in case you dont see the PM I sent you Fubar:

Audi TT/S3 shifter part number 8N0-711-051-B

What's the difference between the one ending B and the one ending E then?