TTS short shifter

Sorry to say, that yes Im now sure,

it's not the right one for the 1.8TSI as that's got an MQ250 gearbox. The 8J0 part fits the MQ350 gearbox.

Daz is right, he bought mine when I found it wouldn't fit the MQ250 gearbox. Have now sourced the 8J0 711 046 A from my local Audi dealer in the hope that this will fit as per the German PDF earlier in this thread. Should be here in a couple of days, I'll post the outcome on this thread for other interested MQ250 gearbox owners.

Fingers crossed !

How can I be sure mines a MQ250 gearbox ?

I asked my dealer and he was as stumped as could be !

This is the part number I got from him - 02S 300 046 F

Anyone ??

How can I be sure mines a MQ250 gearbox ?

I asked my dealer and he was as stumped as could be !

This is the part number I got from him - 02S 300 046 F

Anyone ??

It's stamped on the shift mechanism. If you look carefully at the last photo in the German PDF, you can see it by the red circle labelled as '3'

Edited by Guest

It's stamped on the shift mechanism. If you look carefully at the last photo in the German PDF, you can see it by the red circle labelled as '3'

thanks !!

So will have to get the airbox out to get to it !!

Thanks for the info

@matt,

Please do keep us informed about how the short shifter mod goes through..

I'm really very very interested in doing this !!!!

@matt,

Please do keep us informed about how the short shifter mod goes through..

I'm really very very interested in doing this !!!!

I can now categorically state the the part number 8J0 711 046 A fits a 2010 FL 1.8 TSI as I've fitted it this morning. The lever looks exactly the same, the only difference is that the pin that connects to the operating cable is offset about 5mm towards the centre. It took about 45 minutes to fit, just take off everything that's in the way and then there is a nut to take off from the middle of the lever and one clip on the top of the pin. The German PDF is pretty useful except I didn't bother splitting the airbox, it can be taken off in one piece with just one bolt to undo.

Much nicer gearchange, but still with oe feel, it just all feels a bit more precise.

I assume that this will fit any MQ250 gearbox as it has MQ250 cast into the lever.

Audi part number but made in Czech republic btw.

I can now categorically state the the part number 8J0 711 046 A fits a 2010 FL 1.8 TSI as I've fitted it this morning. The lever looks exactly the same, the only difference is that the pin that connects to the operating cable is offset about 5mm towards the centre. It took about 45 minutes to fit, just take off everything that's in the way and then there is a nut to take off from the middle of the lever and one clip on the top of the pin. The German PDF is pretty useful except I didn't bother splitting the airbox, it can be taken off in one piece with just one bolt to undo.

Much nicer gearchange, but still with oe feel, it just all feels a bit more precise.

I assume that this will fit any MQ250 gearbox as it has MQ250 cast into the lever.

I think I should go ahead and order it now !

any suggestions where I can order online from ?

Great News Matt!

I hope you enjoy your cheap mod. Thank you for being a trail blazer with this. So now I have this and sound proofing on my to do list.

Simon

I think I should go ahead and order it now !

any suggestions where I can order online from ?

Ring up your local Audi dealer and order it you won't get it online!

Ring up your local Audi dealer and order it you won't get it online!

the TT is a CBU here

so parts are not that easily available >>>>> no other option, will have to get it online.

OK ring up your not so local audi dealer, potentially in another country, and get them to send it recorded delivery or similar. You're going to have to pay for postage ordering online anyway.

Country of origin is the problem I think....

Don't see why you couldn't ring up a UK dealer, pay for it over the phone on credit card and get them to post it out.

The one I said ending in E. I think it has recently changed. That's the part number on the box mine came in and it fits perfect. Although mine's not a smoker but I believe it's the same gear linkage as the TSI.

Sorry to be an arse chaps (and I know this thread was originally TSI orientated) but just wanted clarification on what part is required for a CR. Jonno - when you say "part ending in E" but "it has recently changed". Do you mean it has changed from E to B? I'm not sure I will get much help from an Audi dealer when they know I will be fitting it to an Octy!

Sorry to be an arse chaps (and I know this thread was originally TSI orientated) but just wanted clarification on what part is required for a CR. Jonno - when you say "part ending in E" but "it has recently changed". Do you mean it has changed from E to B? I'm not sure I will get much help from an Audi dealer when they know I will be fitting it to an Octy!

Quote both numbers to them and get them to confirm which car they relate to to make sure its the tts one.

Interesting post and part.

Any ideas if it will fit on a 2011 Scout with 1.8TSI?

Thanks

It's gearbox specific. Part number 8J0 711 046 A fits the MQ250 gearbox, 8J0 711 046 B fits the MQ350 gearbox.

You'll need to check which one you've got, it's cast on the lever under the airbox.

It's gearbox specific. Part number 8J0 711 046 A fits the MQ250 gearbox, 8J0 711 046 B fits the MQ350 gearbox.

You'll need to check which one you've got, it's cast on the lever under the airbox.

I'm confused. Are we saying the MQ250 is on the 1.8TSI and MQ350 is on the 2.0TSI and that there are different Audi TTS short shifters to fit each of them (and potentially more than one part number in each case)?

I'd like to do this mod but I'm quite put off by the idea of the conversation I'm likely to have at the Audi parts counter:

Juan: I'd like a TTS short shifter to put on my Skoda please.

Audi: We don't sell Skoda parts you need to go to the Skoda Dealer.

Juan: Its an Audi part, but I'd like to put it on my Skoda. I read on the internet that it fits.

Audi: Oh I see. Do you have a chassis number for the Audi TTS that this part for your Skoda would be for?

Juan: Well no. But I think I know the part number. Its 8J0711046E, possibly 8J0711046B or an outside chance its 8J0711046A

Audi: Right....

Edited by juan27

I'm confused. Are we saying the MQ250 is on the 1.8TSI and MQ350 is on the 2.0TSI and that there are different Audi TTS short shifters to fit each of them (and potentially more than one part number in each case)?

I'd like to do this mod but I'm quite put off by the idea of the conversation I'm likely to have at the Audi parts counter:

Juan: I'd like a TTS short shifter to put on my Skoda please.

Audi: We don't sell Skoda parts you need to go to the Skoda Dealer.

Juan: Its an Audi part, but I'd like to put it on my Skoda. I read on the internet that it fits.

Audi: Oh I see. Do you have a chassis number for the Audi TTS that this part for your Skoda would be for?

Juan: Well no. But I think I know the part number. Its 8J0711046E, possibly 8J0711046B or an outside chance its 8J0711046A

Audi: Right....

Ive had a similar conversation with SEAT,VW,Audi and Skoda for parts for my Leon,Convo with Skoda was about Gas struts for the boot so my boot would Auto pop open.

Basically what you need to do is just give them the part number, dont discuss what its for, just tell them i need this part.

Interestingly SEAT tried telling me a Leon Cupra R Splitter wouldnt fit a Ibiza and also questioned why i wanted to buy a Strut Brace from SEAT for my Ibiza.

Edited by AndrewJB

Avoid masses of confusion by telling the dealer/parts department that you're buying the part for the car it's designed for :)

Use a reg plate from a model it's fitted to; that helps, along with the correct part number.

Avoid masses of confusion by telling the dealer/parts department that you're buying the part for the car it's designed for :)

Use a reg plate from a model it's fitted to; that helps, along with the correct part number.

So referring to my last post are the two gearbox types both fitted to the Audi TTS? (or indeed to the VRS)

and even if its only the MQ350 I need to worry about for my VRS 2.0TSI....It's still a toss up between 8J0711046E and 8J0711046B.... see what I mean.

I'm inclined to go for 8J0711046E.

No, one type. As there's only one engine option on the TTS.

For the 2.0T I was under the impression that you'll need 8J0711046E.

The only confusion has entered when people want a short-shifter for the 1.8TSI. Which I'm afraid I can't help with.

Just don't confuse things with the Parts Dept by telling them you're trying to fit it to a Skoda!