Help Keys locked in car

HI,

Can anybody help. My son has managed to lock the keys in the car, I'm 200 miles from the spare set and the phone number for Skoda assitance is also in the car. Who do I call, what will they do?

Thanks

Cookie

Call the AA or RAC for assistance if a member, or

contact police on your behalf to the AA or RAC.

gain entry into your vehicle.

And I will remove any public "how-to" methods as well. ;) Good to know it was got back though. Rule of thumb. When unlocking the car NEVER EVER leave the keys out of your pockets, etc. Unlock, PUT KEYS BACK IN POCKET! :D

I'll PM those who really want to know how they got in, but it was proved to me that the fabia is probably one of the toughest cars to get into. Was reassuring to know it was difficult for a trained professional but worrying as to whether they would have to go for breaking the window routine.

Cookie

Thankyou Skoda Assistance. They have been out were in the car within 10 mins and I now have the keys back. Not going to make that mistake again!

Glad they got in the car! Although tbh I'm pretty worried now.

Glad they got in the car! Although tbh I'm pretty worried now.

And I will remove any public "how-to" methods as well. ;) Good to know it was got back though. Rule of thumb. When unlocking the car NEVER EVER leave the keys out of your pockets, etc. Unlock, PUT KEYS BACK IN POCKET! :D

Don't be! Just follow the above and all is well! :D

My wife locked us out of the car while in Scotland, it took the RAC an hour to get there and another hour to get in the car. If it happens again it will be a brick through the window.

Tried this recently at 1am on a Fiat Van quarter light window (lowest cost and easiest to replace) with a large, sharp flint stone and even after 6 very loud massive swings, it wouldn't break. Had to get taxi home to get spare key only to remember house keys were on the same ring as the van key :doh:

Fortunately, neighbour had a key but wasn't too pleased to be woken up :x

Still got to replace window - it's got massive chips and scratches on it.

retiredbri

Could I get the info too? I am looking into a VRS and I carry out quite expensive gear in my car that is too big/heavy to carry around so would be nice to know the weakness as above.

question, how do you 'lock' the keys in the car?

i know my vrs mk1 will auto lock if i press the tit then dont open the door but once opened and then shut it just stays open or was he in the boot using boot unlock only?

is the mk2 different??

• 1 year later...

plzzzzz pm to me the method...

friend has her keys into the boot of the car, and the car has locked itself! :peek:

skoda has quoted £180-200 for a replacement, but house and work keys r also on there.

no key cover on insurance, and no rac/aa cover... plz help! would be so gratefully appreciated!... really don't want to break the window :(

friend has her keys into the boot of the car, and the car has locked itself! :peek:

skoda has quoted £180-200 for a replacement, but house and work keys r also on there.

no key cover on insurance, and no rac/aa cover... plz help! would be so gratefully appreciated!... really don't want to break the window :(

Quite scary how people are signing up just to get this info. This poster only has one post! My advice give the info out to only long served members :p

• Like 3

Quite scary how people are signing up just to get this info. This poster only has one post! My advice give the info out to only long served members :p

Too right. No disrespect, but this is a very sensitive subject...

• Like 2

I think the method involves using a potato:

:giggle:

Phil

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Could you please pm me, how they did it ...

I am the same problem .. and the skids guys are suggesting me to break the glass as only option ...

I am so stupid that I put the keys on the dash and left the key inside ...

Would really appreciate your help..

Thanks