Help Keys locked in car

Yes, please, for the good of all the forumers, we don't want random members knowing how to break into others cars, not  saying that anyone on here would, but it wouldn't take much for the information to get into the wrong hands, and you don't want to be blamed for it now do you?

And anyway, if someone wants to break into my car, can you do me a favor and take all the windows on your way in? I want new ones.

I locked the keys in my Fabia by using the centre button to unlock the boot, put the keys in my jacket, forgot, then later tossed the jacket into the boot and slammed the lid.

Solution; phone the wife for the spare set.

Moral of the story always use the unlock button to open boot and doors, then you can't lock your keys in; I think.

A Technician such as those from Breakdown & Assist Services,

can unlock the car using the system that would Auto Unlock a car in a collision.

(& I do not mean by crashing into it.)

No point telling those that do not know how to get in vehicles that are or are not theirs how to do it.

george

Yes, please, for the good of all the forumers, we don't want random members knowing how to break into others cars, not saying that anyone on here would, but it wouldn't take much for the information to get into the wrong hands, and you don't want to be blamed for it now do you?

And anyway, if someone wants to break into my car, can you do me a favor and take all the windows on your way in? I want new ones.

It only takes a google search to bring up this thread, you dont have to be a forum member.

It would be of everybodys interest if a mod could keep a close eye on this thread IMO.

I dont want people breaking into my car if i can help it, thanks

It only takes a google search to bring up this thread, you dont have to be a forum member.

It would be of everybodys interest if a mod could keep a close eye on this thread IMO.

I dont want people breaking into my car if i can help it, thanks

Exactly! Not that it matters when to**ers put the videos of how to do it on YouTube but yes I agree id rather not have info on how to break into my car easily available so the local 16 year olds break in and take it for a spin!
  • Like 1

I locked the keys in my Fabia by using the centre button to unlock the boot, put the keys in my jacket, forgot, then later tossed the jacket into the boot and slammed the lid.

Solution; phone the wife for the spare set.

Moral of the story always use the unlock button to open boot and doors, then you can't lock your keys in; I think.

Exactly. From day one iv never liked that boot unlock button on the key fob, because im super worried of accidentally doing this.

I rarely use the middle button on the fob for this reason, but id just much prefer it if it wasnt there tbh.

Id be happier with one of the old 2 button fobs

Exactly. From day one iv never liked that boot unlock button on the key fob, because im super worried of accidentally doing this.

I rarely use the middle button on the fob for this reason, but id just much prefer it if it wasnt there tbh.

Id be happier with one of the old 2 button fobs

Yes I like my two button fob however my Fabia developed a weird issue that unless you opened the drivers quickly it locked so I often put stuff in the boot remembered I'd left the key in the boot after shutting it and gone to open the door and it's locked it

Yes I like my two button fob however my Fabia developed a weird issue that unless you opened the drivers quickly it locked so I often put stuff in the boot remembered I'd left the key in the boot after shutting it and gone to open the door and it's locked it

PITA! Could do without any issues like that haha.

Do like the flip keys though. They are cool!!

If you don't like the Boot release button it can be disabled.  I could not get on with the requirement to press the unlock button twice to unlock all doors so had the car re-set to unlock all doors on one press.  As a result of this the Boot button no longer works.  Chance of me locking my keys in the car is removed!

I just talked to Skoda Service station and they said, they have only 2 solutions for me

1) To break read window car which is around $30+ labour + tax and then I can retrieve my keys lying on the dash..

2) To order a new car key using the chasis number, it would cost around $225 and it would take 20 days approx to get a new car key..

Please anyone could help me to retrieve my car key..?

I am going to believe, I have no other option and need to order a replacement key.

Talked to all of the locksmiths I know in my area but they said they cant help me ... :dull::dull:

A decent car thief might be able to, if you can get in contact with one of those through the ride people?

I mean, decent, ones that use things other than bricks

• Like 1

Haha, thats a good suggestion.. but cant find anyone with such skills.. just stupid guys who will end up messing with other things of the car...

I think I should order the new key, I am gonna need it in future anyway to avoid same situations..

Have to wait for 2-3 weeks to get the key...

Thanks

A decent car thief might be able to, if you can get in contact with one of those through the ride people?

Haha, thats a good suggestion.. but cant find anyone with such skills.. just stupid guys who will end up messing with other things of the car...

I think I should order the new key, I am gonna need it in future anyway to avoid same situations..

Have to wait for 2-3 weeks to get the key...

Thanks

2-3 weeks?

My mate had a mobile guy that came out and coded a new key there and then when he lost the keys for his old work hack ford focus.

I think he paid £120

Yeah, The representative at Skoda Service center in my town said, its gonna take 15-20 days, as keys are not manufactured in India and they import from Germany or Czech..

And yeah the price is pretty same here.. they qouted me the price approx - $200(USD)  + Tax -  which is around 120GBP + Tax

Yeah, The representative at Skoda Service center in my town said, its gonna take 15-20 days, as keys are not manufactured in India and they import from Germany or Czech..

And yeah the price is pretty same here.. they qouted me the price approx - $200(USD)  + Tax -  which is around 120GBP + Tax

2-3 weeks?

My mate had a mobile guy that came out and coded a new key there and then when he lost the keys for his old work hack ford focus.

I think he paid £120

• Like 1

Exactly! I've recovered a MK5 Transit which the owner has locked the keys in before now :P easy to get in mind
  • Like 1

Just ordered a key using the Chasis number.. and they Skoda representative said, its gonna take 15-20 days..  well thats a long time to wait for the key.. but have to do it anyway..

Guys, always keep the key in your hand , to avoid such situations full of frustrations.. haha :devil: :devil:

will let you know the exact price and time, once I get the key..

• Like 1

Just ordered a key using the Chasis number.. and they Skoda representative said, its gonna take 15-20 days..  well thats a long time to wait for the key.. but have to do it anyway..

Guys, always keep the key in your hand , to avoid such situations full of frustrations.. haha :devil: :devil:

will let you know the exact price and time, once I get the key..

Ahh. What a pain!

Well thats kept a few miles off the car hasnt it haha.

• Like 1