(thanks to Simbo)

and newest for O2 FL and new Superb fw 3980

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=45GNRYXI

Edited by DSA

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the 3980 will load onto my early 3T0 columbus, might give it a go.

edit.

Installing 3980 now as we speak, fingers crossed.

Let us know if you notice the difference please Manny :thumbup:

Well its installed ok.

The link I installed was the last one in the first post.

I had the 7.1 maps already and these have not been erased, neither did my music. Everything seems to work fine, startup is faster from what I can tell.

My Columbus is the original as fitted to my September 2008 Superb, and is Hardware version H04.

Just be aware that 39XX firmware is still a Beta. So don't be surprised if you find a few bugs :)

I'm happy to stick with 2724 - seems to do everything I want it to do :)

I am going to try it with the V7.2 maps once I can get my hand on a dual layer DVD.

I was previously using a buggy beta firmware anyway, and some of the quirky bugs in that one are not present in this.

Who upgraded to this, did you first upgrdaed to 38xx then to 39xx? Ive read somewhere that you need to do that, cause the 3800 versio nwill partition your to 3 parts (music, maos,pois) and the 39xx dont do that, just the 38xx, is this true?

3980 creates partitions on HDD, 3930 and 3970 don't.

Ok, so I have two options either upgade to 3800 then to 3970 to have my HDd partition correctly, or options 2 I find a modified 3980 which will work with pre face-lift Octavia II, am i right?

http://www.my-gti.com/3143/volkswagen-rns-510-3xxx-firmware-changes

"HDD re-partitioning does not occur when upgrading to version 3930 and 3970 from 1xxx/2xxx, upgrade from 3800-3910 to use these versions."

So i assume 38xx did the partition already.

Edited by Karpator

Am not sure how about the columbus but on my old generation "B" RNS510 i upgraded from 2760 to 3980 and it did three partitions.

Maybe its different on the skoda versions tho...

• 2 weeks later...

How does this compare to what was installed in my MY2011 Yeti with Columbus? I have no way of telling what version it has installed.

Press and hold the setup button (bottom right) for about 5-6 seconds and you will get option to see what firmware is installed and map version.

Pete

Press and hold the setup button (bottom right) for about 5-6 seconds and you will get option to see what firmware is installed and map version.

Pete

Only if it has been enabled which from the factory it isn't

You either do this through VCDS or with modified firmware.

Odd I haven't come across a unit yet I couldn't enable it on.

What firmware is it on?

It is factory supplied as of made in November 2010 MY2011. That is all I know without removing it from the car.

Just remembered Allams ran a diagnostic check on the car a few months ago........ah here it is:

3T0*********680A

Not wanting to put all the details on the web as unsure about the details I've been given, & security etc.

That 2724 looks like FW version....

2724 is the firmware version. Posting the whole part no. won't affect any security. They are all no. 3T0 035 680 A

I can't understand why the Test Menu can't be enabled. I know Martin is good with VCDS but if he is ever around your way again just ask him to check he did the following.

1. Go to Navigation (Control Module 37)

2. Click on Adaptation

3. Type 50 into the channel box.

4. Change the value from 0 to 1

5. Click on test and press code

6. Exit out of VCDS.

7. Press <> and top right button next to eject (Mic symbol on it) to reboot the rns-510. This is important and some firmwares won't allow the unit to accept the code even though VCDS says it has coded fine until this is done

8. Then press setup for about 20 to 30 seconds to enable the secret menu (just keep your finger on it it will go from normal menu to radio then after about 10-15 secs to the hidden menu)

Or you fancy a drive to me near Salisbury i'll happily take a look at it for you. I'm not about till next Weds onwards though if you do.

Try the reset though listed at point 7. and see if that gets it to work. :thumbup:

2724 is the firmware version. Posting the whole part no. won't affect any security. They are all no. 3T0 035 680 A

I can't understand why the Test Menu can't be enabled. I know Martin is good with VCDS but if he is ever around your way again just ask him to check he did the following.

1. Go to Navigation (Control Module 37)

2. Click on Adaptation

3. Type 50 into the channel box.

4. Change the value from 0 to 1

5. Click on test and press code

6. Exit out of VCDS.

7. Press <> and top right button next to eject (Mic symbol on it) to reboot the rns-510. This is important and some firmwares won't allow the unit to accept the code even though VCDS says it has coded fine until this is done

8. Then press setup for about 20 to 30 seconds to enable the secret menu (just keep your finger on it it will go from normal menu to radio then after about 10-15 secs to the hidden menu)

Or you fancy a drive to me near Salisbury i'll happily take a look at it for you. I'm not about till next Weds onwards though if you do.

Try the reset though listed at point 7. and see if that gets it to work. :thumbup:

Thanks. Will do.

So I have 2724. Any advantages of the later FW?

Short answer - No. :)

Only if you MUST have the latest. Otherwise 2724 is fine. :thumbup:

Thanks.

I'm quite happy with what I have.

The only issue I have with it, and I'm sure everybody else has is that it is fairly slow to respond when inputing postcodes - there is a fair old delay between pushing the virtual button and the response. I guess it is because I'm used to flash disk aka iPhone which for tom tom is quite quick, but the screen is way too small for my middle-aged eyes to read - the Columbus is bad enough......Oh I know.....an iPademoticon-0140-rofl.gif fitted in front of the Columbus......I might be able to read tom tom on thatemoticon-0136-giggle.gif.

But back to the 'slowness', I guess it is because it is a hard disk and a fairly slow one at that.....and not enough RAM emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Yeah it is a combination of the touch screen not being brilliant in terms of response time, processor, Ram and HDD.

If it's any consolation my new LED Screen version on 2844 firmware (not avail to download) is the same.