Off Road Adventure, Salisbury Plains

CFB

THIS EVENT HAS HAD TO BE CANCELLED DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL

It is going to be re-arranged for a date to be confirmed in the near future

who's up for a drive across the plains then?

The route should be suitable for the two wheel drives too, so long as the weather stays good and dry.

Meeting point... I suggest the Countess Services (Countess Road, Amesbury, Wiltshire SP4 7AS ) we should be able to get a cuppa early in the morning.

09.30 for a 10.00 start

Lunch at the Bustard Inn

If you ARE attending please add your name to the list in the thread.

(copy list into a new post and then add your name)

Thanx

Edited by CFB

Is this specifically for Aug 21st?

If so yes I'm free and interested.

yes Johann it is.

i picked the date as someting to do instead of the Kirton thing.

a see a plan forming....

James, would you mind using one/some of the routes you have please?

is there somewhere we could all meet at the start and perhaps a good place for lunch?

i said at the top that this would probably be suitable for 2 wheel drive if it stays dry.

what do you think?

The best place to meet is either at the Bustard Inn Pub as it is right on the entrance to one of the tracks, or the service station on the A303, think it might be called Countess Services or something. Either way it is best to make an early start on the plains as it is a lot bigger than you realise, plus eventually you do get lost which is always exciting even with maps and satnav.

I'd say that given the ground clearance is the same for both versions of the Yeti having 2WD or 4WD should not matter in this instance, apart from perhaps the climbs on loose gravel or grass. If there is an piece of the route you can't get through there is normally another way around.

Countess Services can get very crowded.

We always used to start at the cafe at Codford St Peter on the A36. They used to do a good breakfast!!

If you want a pub lunch the pub at Steeple Langford wasn't bad.

If it is quiet tonight I will put some MR's on a PM to you CFB.

The best place to meet is either at the Bustard Inn Pub as it is right on the entrance to one of the tracks, or the service station on the A303, think it might be called Countess Services or something. Either way it is best to make an early start on the plains as it is a lot bigger than you realise, plus eventually you do get lost which is always exciting even with maps and satnav.

I'd say that given the ground clearance is the same for both versions of the Yeti having 2WD or 4WD should not matter in this instance, apart from perhaps the climbs on loose gravel or grass. If there is an piece of the route you can't get through there is normally another way around.

That's great James. I've got a bit of time on my hands at the moment so I'll do a bit of surfing tomorrow.

Countess Services can get very crowded.

We always used to start at the cafe at Codford St Peter on the A36. They used to do a good breakfast!!

If you want a pub lunch the pub at Steeple Langford wasn't bad.

If it is quiet tonight I will put some MR's on a PM to you CFB.

Thanx Graham

I might be able to make it. I'll have to see nearer the time.

Though if it rains a lot in-between then I will definitely make it.... emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Mike

I hope it rains a LOT!

And I'm thinking of putting my M+S tyres on just for this day - and yes the M stands for MUD! They will give me extra ground clearance AND being steel I will feel better about taking them off road. :thumbup:

I hope it rains a LOT!

And I'm thinking of putting my M+S tyres on just for this day - and yes the M stands for MUD! They will give me extra ground clearance AND being steel I will feel better about taking them off road. :thumbup:

I need to find another winter tyre first.....emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

Sorry, NO, it's a bit far really..................... emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Also, Kitten and I will be in Dorset that weekend, as it's the Bournmouth air show that weekend too.

Sorry all, I'll try and come to one of the events (honest emoticon-0104-surprised.gif)

Sorry, NO, it's a bit far really..................... emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Also, Kitten and I will be in Dorset that weekend, as it's the Bournmouth air show that weekend too.

Sorry all, I'll try and come to one of the events (honest emoticon-0104-surprised.gif)

yeah, i know. was there in march!

lets hope the weather is as good when we get to the UK version B)

DSC01820.jpg

It is looking like I can make this at the moment, so voting yes.........(swmbo has said I can goemoticon-0140-rofl.gif)

Brilliant!!!

Now...... to anyone wanting to come that don't want to use their own Yeti or indeed are still waiting for a Yeti you are welcome as a passenger in my Yeti. Just PM me if you want a lift.

I am so tempted, but it's my wedding anniversary that day and it would cost me toooooooooooooo much!

So we're getting there...

Had a look at the tracks that Graham sent me. There's some good stuff there.

Meeting point... I suggest the Countess Services (Countess Road, Amesbury, Wiltshire SP4 7AS ) we should be able to get a cuppa early in the morning.

As James has suggested, I'm thinking an early start so how about meeting at 09.30 for a 10.00 start?

Lunch at the Bustard Inn?

Now...... to anyone wanting to come that don't want to use their own Yeti or indeed are still waiting for a Yeti you are welcome as a passenger in my Yeti. Just PM me if you want a lift.

I would have taken you up on that offer, but I'm in Norfolk that weekend. :'(

So we're getting there...

Had a look at the tracks that Graham sent me. There's some good stuff there.

As James has suggested, I'm thinking an early start so how about meeting at 09.30 for a 10.00 start?

Lunch at the Bustard Inn?

Sounds good and will vote for the 10:00 start - or indeed even later! It will be an early enough start to the day as it is and there is no rush to be anywhere and the sun will shining until very late...

That's fine Johann. I was just reacting to what James said earlier.

Either way it is best to make an early start on the plains as it is a lot bigger than you realise, plus eventually you do get lost which is always exciting even with maps and satnav.

That's fine Johann. I was just reacting to what James said earlier.

:rofl: I realize that! We'll just all have to get up early! On a Sunday! emoticon-0106-crying.gif