Opening the boot release remotely without removing the key hob

When i drive into high security buildings/ facilities, security insists on inspecting the inside of boot. In may cases security guys out here do not know how to open the boot and i end up turning my car off, and using the boot release button on the key hob. Is there a way i can open the boot without having to turn car off?

Cheers

Just unlock your central locking and use the button in the boot handle with the car still running?

I am in the same situation every day, sure it will open when anyone press the button in the boot if the centerlock is off.

but is there any modification can be done with VCDS to open it from inside?

Edited by MAK (Egypt)

There's no need to modify anything. There is a boot release on the outside of the car. Just make sure your central locking is unlocked when they pull the boot release...

I think they want to open (not unlock) the boot from inside the car.

That's right, want to be able to open the boot and not just unlock from inside the car. The reason for the ask, in many cases security guys do not know how to use the boot release which is hidden under the groove above number plate/license plate :wall:

That's right, want to be able to open the boot and not just unlock from inside the car. The reason for the ask, in many cases security guys do not know how to use the boot release which is hidden under the groove above number plate/license plate :wall:

Locating the button for the boot release above the number plate between the number plate lights must be the most common and therefore intuitive location for all car manufacturers.

If they can't work it out for themselves then I'm not sure I'd be happy about them touching my car at all let alone rummaging through the boot.

The feature of having the boot lid pop open is common in the US but not really in Europe. As you've bought a European car I think you may be stuck without it.

I'd just get out and open it for them :no:

it is possible to add this feature.

requires 2 wires and a switch and some coding to enable it

Care to add more detail?

Where do the wires connect, boot catch, centre console, under the bonnet?

Where does the switch go, I've never seen an Octavia with this feature so am curious what the switch looks like and where on the dashboard it should be located?

Direction as to where the coding is via VCDS would be nice too...

Care to add more detail?

Where do the wires connect, boot catch, centre console, under the bonnet?

Where does the switch go, I've never seen an Octavia with this feature so am curious what the switch looks like and where on the dashboard it should be located?

Direction as to where the coding is via VCDS would be nice too...

the switch is not available so you would have to use a different one and find somewhere suitable to fit it

link shows a selection of switches

http://www.passatplus.de/umbauteile/schalter/schalter2.htm

the wires would need to be connected to the door controller and the coding changed on the door controller. to enable boot release just add 1 to the coding

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Skoda_Octavia_(1Z)_Door_Electronics_Driver#Coding

the switch is not available so you would have to use a different one and find somewhere suitable to fit it

link shows a selection of switches

http://www.passatplus.de/umbauteile/schalter/schalter2.htm

the wires would need to be connected to the door controller and the coding changed on the door controller. to enable boot release just add 1 to the coding

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Skoda_Octavia_(1Z)_Door_Electronics_Driver#Coding

Thanks! Unfortunately Skoda in India would void warranty if i were to attempt adding additional switch/cables :wall: