1.4TSI 1/4 mile leaderboard

vRSy

epic time! you think the tmc box can get under 14?

cant wait till the 29th. got a seat vw skoda day at crail and im going to pump in the times. i want under 14s!

epic time! you think the tmc box can get under 14?

cant wait till the 29th. got a seat vw skoda day at crail and im going to pump in the times. i want under 14s!

I do think it can, with a tiny bit drier track and less fuel (I currently have a notch and a half over half a tank) I reckon it's possible

I think the times wqill start to drop once the weather warms up and the track gets grippier.

A few guys off SCN went the other day. Tilley for instance got a 13.7 at stage 1 last year, but the other day with stage 2 and intercooler on top of his previous setup couldnt get below 14 despite the power hike.

Ive given you my place on the board. :doh: lol. Ill take it back off of you at the end of the year once my cars sorted though :devil:

I wont upset you and post my last time at the pod then lol. I'm not happy with my time so im not posting it up as i had a nightmare, all ill say is my terminals are nearly 10mph higher than yours :angel:

Your making better times than the Shark stage 2 though :rock:

Yawn

Ha ha cheers Sy, I don't doubt once you have the traction problem sorted you'll have it firmly back!

Maybe a hybrid part might be good, either or is good for me.

I'm now seriously considering the 888s, I really want to go under 14s!

• 5 weeks later...

haha! fuel was just in the red so the car was light!

im so happy with it. i expect to shave it down a tad more in the summer when it gets fairly warm. even with the semi slicks i was getting wheelspin.

No print out but heres a direct link to the timed run from crails website

http://www.crailrace...Date=2012-04-29

Spec:

TMC Box setting 7 Mazsport RB5 Semi Slicks TD Pro Race 2 Pipercross Viper Induction kit

Awesome 60ft time there and that makes you the fastest Fabia. :rock: Thats half a second quicker than your last one as well!! Shows power is nothing with out traction.

I know. With my road tyres I was getting a lot of wheel spin, although even with these I was but it was very cold. Lots of the big power lancers and scoobies were shredding theres trying to get anywhere.

Gotta say they're well worth it for the track work. I cant wait until its a scorching hot day and take them bad boys for a spin :D

Guest BigJase88

Are you lot using the DSG down the strip? If so whats the point? Your cheating! 1/4 mile days are all about nerves / clutch control / slick changes....

Your ecu is doing the 1/4 mile for you

I expect a lot of backlash for this one.... Hehe.... Runs and hides

Edited by BigJase88

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

14.494 @ 98.4 mph Leevrs180 - Fabia vRS - TMC tuning box (setting 8), NF Octane, ITG air intake, Rear Weights From Bumper, TC OFF - road tyres (205-40-17) - Stornoway Airport

Wet weather!!

20120722_195525.jpg