J5's Roomster Scout - **SOLD**

Jonny5ive

Realised this had only been posted in the FREEDOM section so why not update the masses too ;)

About time I had some specs and photo's up:

2008 MY08 5J Skoda Roomster Scout in Anthracite Grey

Factory Extras:
17" Kentaur Alloys
Panoramic Sunroof
Maxidot

Engine:
1.9tdi PD105
PD160 Intake
K&N Panel Filter
PD150 Injectors
Hybrid Garrett Turbo
SEAT Sport FMIC
Forge pipework
Remap 215BHP
Piper 2.75" Turbo back exhaust with discreet tailpipe

Interior:
OEM Sunblinds B Pillar Back
OEM ceiling mounted sunglasses holder
Brodit ProClip with active cradle for HTC One M9
VAG damped grab handles
Kenwood DNX520VBT
LED interior lighting
OEM rubber boot liner
OEM storage nets
OEM parcel shelf storage sleeve

Exterior Styling:
Phillips Silvervision indicator bulbs all round
4300k HID kit
Phillips X-treme Vision 4000k LED sidelight bulbs
CREE LED reverse bulbs
Pressed metal plates
Skoda Mlada Boleslav plate surrounds
Shark fin aerial
Yellow Lamin-X tinted fog lights

Suspension:
Weitec Hicon GT Coilovers
SEAT Cupra solid console bushes
Neuspeed 25mm rear anti roll bar
SEAT Sport front upper strut brace

Braking:
OEM rear discs and pads
VAG 312mm Front brake set up with Brembo discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads

Future Plans:
BFOFMIC
PD150 Hybrid Turbo
Fabia II Monte Carlo Grille surround
Colour coding of the rear calipers to match the black fronts
Rear tailgate spoiler
Puddle lighting
Front Splitter
256mm rear brake set up
Pics:

P1020606.jpg

P1020607.jpg

P1020608.jpg

P1020609.jpg

P1020610.jpg

P1020611.jpg

P1020613.jpg

P1020614.jpg

P1020615.jpg

P1020616.jpg

P1020617.jpg

P1020618.jpg

P1020619.jpg

P1020620.jpg

P1020621.jpg

P1020623.jpg

• Like 3

Realised this had only been posted in the FREEDOM section so why not update the masses too ;)

I'm pretty sure you need to be Freedom in that section to post, but anyone can read/coment.

My thread for the VRS has several comments from non-members/sponsors: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/202729-richards-09-mki-vrs-se/

However, some people never look there, so never hurts to spread the net a bit further. :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure you need to be Freedom in that section to post, but anyone can read/coment.

However, some people never look there, so never hurts to spread the net a bit further. :thumbup:

Good point. :thumbup: I'll call this one a shameless post whoring thread then :giggle:

Nice looking Scout, how good is the rollbar?

hi john nice car mate ive had the rear spoiler fitted looks good also had the side moulding colour coded

having the exhaust tip & the rear defuser fitted & painted blackmagic colour also the top half of the grill

then mite order the front spoiler then a set of 17s on it then i mite show it off hope you are ok

Nice looking Scout, how good is the rollbar?

Its great. I've had it sat in the garage for some time and only got round to fitting about a month ago.

It has 3 settings and is on medium at the moment. Sharper turn in and I have much more confidence making progress at roundabouts.

• 2 weeks later...

Johnny, what size were your original discs? Its just I've seen that the 1.9 TDi can come with 2 different sizes. Getting mine next week, so I can measure then, but I wondered if the Scout had bigger discs as standard, ie the 288mm.

Very nice car by the way and I am inspired by the ARB mod, (I'll have to have one of those)and the remap sounds like a nice way to go as well.

Johnny, what size were your original discs? Its just I've seen that the 1.9 TDi can come with 2 different sizes. Getting mine next week, so I can measure then, but I wondered if the Scout had bigger discs as standard, ie the 288mm.

Very nice car by the way and I am inspired by the ARB mod, (I'll have to have one of those)and the remap sounds like a nice way to go as well.

hi jhon how much was the rollbar and does it stop rool on corners having my deffiser and chrome tip fitted also wil be painting the grill

black then fitting a set of walfrace wheels silver with polihed rims then i will try and get sum photos on here

My favourite Roomster, seen it in the metal too.

Very nice B)

Where did you find the droplinks on your rarb?

Is it a Whiteline? I'd quite like something

more solid on mine. I don't think too much

of the bushed droplinks on mine. :thumbup:

Johnny, what size were your original discs? Very nice car by the way and I am inspired by the ARB mod, (I'll have to have one of those)and the remap sounds like a nice way to go as well.

Thanks for the compliments. The original discs on my scout were 288mm. Remap is great, not stupidly powerful but makes the engine much more responsive as I always found it to be a little "strangled" under acceleration and motorway cruising is now a breeze B) .

hi jhon how much was the rollbar and does it stop rool on corners

THIS "looks" to be the same product for a price guide. Indeed it does reduce roll in the corners considerably :thumbup:

My favourite Roomster, seen it in the metal too.

Very nice B)

Where did you find the droplinks on your rarb?

Is it a Whiteline? I'd quite like something

more solid on mine. I don't think too much

of the bushed droplinks on mine. :thumbup:

Why thank you sir :thumbup: ARB is a NEUSPEED one that I stripped and painted with a Zinc Glavanising paint for durability and anti corrosion. Droplinks came with it as part of the fittings :thumbup:

If you are changing the badges, they should be "Rabbit" badges not "Shark"

Sounds like the Mrs. is going for trackdays with the mods you are doing.

If you are changing the badges, they should be "Rabbit" badges not "Shark"

Sounds like the Mrs. is going for trackdays with the mods you are doing.

Rabbit??? You've lost me there Bernie :(

No trackdays for SWMBO. Just making the familywagen that much more fun to drive :thumbup:B)

Well you've been a bad ( or good :rofl: ) influence on me Johnny. :thumbup: Got my ARB today and also the STS kit from Shark. I haven't even got my car yet! :rofl: ( that's here on Saturday)

I don't think it looks as good as yours though mate. Yours just looks, well, right. B)

Edited by loadswine

More kids, Hint.

hi john ive had a quote for lowering the roomy they said about 150.oo just the springs ive just had the front grill painted black

same has the car blackmagic also next job a set of wolfrace wheels then i ask sumone how to put photos on here pete

Just fitted the Neuspeed ARB on my Roomy and it does feel much sharper on corners now. I've found it goes round corners okay in stock form, but has an initial tendency to roll a bit, before hunkering down. The ARB just removes that first bit of roll and lets you feel the car turn in nicely. Only done a few miles after fitting, but a very pleasing mod so far.

Thanks Johnny for showing the way. :thumbup:

I can't take the credit for being the pioneer, our very own funkmaster fluff had this mod on his vRoomster at least 3 years ago before I aquired it from him.

If memory serves me correctly, Decron started the official D.R.I.P.(Decron Roomster Improvement Program) by fitting an after market RARB before Fluff albeit a different brand.

Glad you're pleased with it. What setting have you gone for?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nice upgrades :)

Your Roomie look good, I'm thinking about some of the same upgrades on my Roomie.

Can you explain to me what the "Fabia II Monte Carlo Grille surround" plan is about?

I'm also interested in pictures of these items:

1) OEM Sunblinds B Pillar Back

2) PD160 Intake

• 1 month later...

Nice upgrades :)

Your Roomie look good, I'm thinking about some of the same upgrades on my Roomie.

Can you explain to me what the "Fabia II Monte Carlo Grille surround" plan is about?

I'm also interested in pictures of these items:

1) OEM Sunblinds B Pillar Back

2) PD160 Intake

Thank you.

In answer to your questions:

1. Some Fabia II owners have changed their grills to the black one fitted to the Monte Carlo special edition The Fabia II and Roomster share the same front end so I'm planning to change my grill for a black one B)

2. OEM Sunblinds - Skoda accessories website

3. PD160 intake - A common modification on the Mk 1 Fabia vRS. The picture below shows the bigger (PD160) intake from the SEAT Leon Cupra TDi on the right and the PD130 (same size as PD105) intake on the left.

160_3.jpg